Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

S&P+ Has...

CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,389 Swaye's Wigwam
UW winning rather easily

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,389 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

UW has been making S&P+ look bad all year.

It's tough doing so little with so much
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    So...lead pipe cinch, take out a second mortgage and risk it all type of science supporting this bet, right? I'm really asking. I hate money and would love to lose some.
    Stanford has had a weird year. Lost to a Kansas school and Wazzu but beat USC (when USC still believed) and Duck.

My guess is UW wins because somehow Stanford has a worse rush attack (95 YPG) than we? (107 YPG) do and our pass defence is probably the only functional part of the team.

Canadawg said:

Stanford has had a weird year. Lost to a Kansas school and Wazzu but beat USC (when USC still believed) and Duck.

My guess is UW wins because somehow Stanford has a worse rush attack (95 YPG) than we? (107 YPG) do and our pass defence is probably the only functional part of the team.

Stanford running attack is only bad because it hasn't played us yet.
    Haha I thought of that but still
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Didn't Oregon come back and win that game?
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,285 Swaye's Wigwam
    Stanford has the worst rush offense and defense in the Pac-12, which would usually point towards being a good matchup for UW but I remember the same thing in 2019 with a much better UW squad and then getting gashed on both sides by Stanford. Same thing may have happened in 2020. McKee is also mobile enough to fuck up UW's stupid scheme, extend plays and kill them on third down like almost every Pac-12 QB can except Washington
    2019 they had like 3 3rd string lineman a tight end and a WR as their Oline and they dominated the UW dline
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,508 Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

So...lead pipe cinch, take out a second mortgage and risk it all type of science supporting this bet, right? I'm really asking. I hate money and would love to lose some.

I’m such a Doog that I’m still expecting us to actually look good one week. Kinda like the 2002 Oregon State game.
    That was a career game for at least two huskies...ET and Mateaki. Tank was dominant too.

I do the same. I kept eagerly anticipating someone busting a big play against Arizona. By the time it finally happened I remembered that I wanted UW to lose that game.
    Earlier this year someone ran a poll about Huskies who didn't meet expectations. I totally forgot about Tank Johnson. Early on I honestly thought he was going to be a NFL first rounder.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

chuck said:

chuck said:

I’m such a Doog that I’m still expecting us to actually look good one week. Kinda like the 2002 Oregon State game.
    That was a career game for at least two huskies...ET and Mateaki. Tank was dominant too.

I do the same. I kept eagerly anticipating someone busting a big play against Arizona. By the time it finally happened I remembered that I wanted UW to lose that game.
    Earlier this year someone ran a poll about Huskies who didn't meet expectations. I totally forgot about Tank Johnson. Early on I honestly thought he was going to be a NFL first rounder.
    Still went mid round two
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited October 2021
    dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Still went mid round two
    Dude was pretty good in the nfl, then he decided to play gangsta