Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question re: "no way Lake gets fired this year" nonsense

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

We are winning more than 4. Take the screenshots. Every game is more of a toss up than a loss. Every game besides Michigan has been close.

I hope Lake does get fired, but let’s not confuse what we want to happen with what is likely to happen. He’s probably getting another year with new coordinators.

I’d be shocked if they get more than 5 … 6 isn’t happening

There’s zero evidence to support this team winning consistently
    I don’t think they will win consistently. They will win this weekend. Another 2 wins after that wouldn’t shock me. I think the O/U is probably 5.
    Arizona win
    Asu loss
    Colorado is a toss up.
    Wazzu toss up
    Stanford probably a loss
    Oregon loss

I like to think the over under is 4.5. The team very well could quit.
    ASU in cold weather in November is a toss up. They lost to BYU and got smoked by Utah.

Oregon is probably a loss but they aren’t good. I doubt we can score enough to beat them tho.
    This is a two TD a game offense against any team with a pulse. The defense gifted them one vs the beav. Oregon will destroy this team. We will invite them to run and they gladly will.

Many of these other teams will have something to play for including asu.
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

We're talking Hitler in the bunker with Soviet shells landing in the Reich Chancellery Garden levels of bad.

STOP WITH THE WAR IMAGERY!!!!!!!

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Don’t shoot the messenger but Hopkins finished dead last two years in a row. Jimmy finished “first” in the north year one and has a losing record year two. The school is in Seattle Washington. No one at the school or in the AD wants to deal with those optics. Is it warranted and is there precedent set to justify a termination? Absolutely. Just not in this day and age. Just not happening.

UW hoops being shit as fuck, doesn't have that big of an impact on the overall bottom line.

The Golden Goose is a different beast.
    thanks man, haven't had a good laugh in awhile ... I miss that guy .. "wrongonpurpose"

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

We are winning more than 4. Take the screenshots. Every game is more of a toss up than a loss. Every game besides Michigan has been close.

I hope Lake does get fired, but let’s not confuse what we want to happen with what is likely to happen. He’s probably getting another year with new coordinators.

I don’t think they will win consistently. They will win this weekend. Another 2 wins after that wouldn’t shock me. I think the O/U is probably 5.
    Arizona win
    Asu loss
    Colorado is a toss up.
    Wazzu toss up
    Stanford probably a loss
    Oregon loss

ASU in cold weather in November is a toss up. They lost to BYU and got smoked by Utah.

Oregon is probably a loss but they aren’t good. I doubt we can score enough to beat them tho.
    This is a two TD a game offense against any team with a pulse. The defense gifted them one vs the beav. Oregon will destroy this team. We will invite them to run and they gladly will.

We’ll see. I think we win an unexpected game like ASU or Oregon. Every game has been close. We suck. No argument there, but none of the teams remaining are actually good.
    But are they close?

The UCLA game was a 1 score game …

Did it ever feel like UW could or would win that game?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,486
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Hey Jen,

Fire Jimmy and I will buy Tyee season tickets for next season.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Arizona win
    Asu loss
    Colorado is a toss up.
    Wazzu toss up
    Stanford probably a loss
    Oregon loss

We’ll see. I think we win an unexpected game like ASU or Oregon. Every game has been close. We suck. No argument there, but none of the teams remaining are actually good.
    But are they close?

Yes?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Arizona win
    Asu loss
    Colorado is a toss up.
    Wazzu toss up
    Stanford probably a loss
    Oregon loss

But are they close?

Yes?
    Disagree
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Going to the game in AZ and hope AZ wins. It's the only way Lake gets more heat.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Arizona win
    Asu loss
    Colorado is a toss up.
    Wazzu toss up
    Stanford probably a loss
    Oregon loss

But are they close?

Nope.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,889
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

We're talking Hitler in the bunker with Soviet shells landing in the Reich Chancellery Garden levels of bad.

STOP WITH THE WAR IMAGERY!!!!!!!

I read Harry ballz
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,097
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Handicapping the games at this point doesn’t factor in whether the team quits on its coach.

3-9.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Gladstone said:

I heard this again on Derek's (otherwise good) pod. Explain to me why there's "no chance" Lake gets fired after year 2, even if we go 4-8 or 3-9? There's even precedent at UW with Gilby. Every level of the program and AD has been eviscerated and torn asunder. We're talking Hitler in the bunker with Soviet shells landing in the Reich Chancellery Garden levels of bad.

And I know factually the buyout money is there if UW decided they needed to. So let's kill that argument in its tracks here.

Because uw hates football and is a conglomeration of liberal pussies
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,979
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This is exactly right
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I get letters:

Sent: Monday, October 18, 2021 1:50:31 PM
    Subject: RE: Long-time season ticket holder...

Received your note and wanted to make sure to let you know I agree our kids and fans do deserve better. We expect better. Please do what you can despite your frustration to support our students. Appreciate you caring enough to send this and for your support over the years. Be well.

JC

Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2021 7:51 AM
    To: Athletic Directors Office
    Subject: Long-time season ticket holder...

Hi,

I’m not some big-time donor, just a die hard fan, season ticket holder for around 20 consecutive years and ’92 alum.

You have struck out with your hire of Jimmy. The team has the talent and should be 5-1 if not 6-0. The only thing holding the team back is a head coach who is lost, stubborn, and committed to a style of football that was played 30-40 years ago. He needs to go and you need to start over or this program will be set back a decade or more.

If this change isn’t made, I won’t renew my tickets and there’s probably 1000s of others like me. Obviously that would have profound impact on the athletic department. You know that.

It is so wrong to have these talented student athletes have to suffer through the season under the leadership of this clueless, stubborn set of coaches.

I just sent a few emails from different DAWG address supporting Coach Lake. I let them know “I’m not the only one who feels this way. Don’t be swayed by a few impatient, angry voices from people who never attended the University of Washington nor understand the cultural standards the University sets for the state and the entire Northwest region.”

Thank you
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    That's a lot of effort to go to. Dawgs are in your head, man. Respect, though. Respect.

I get letters:

Sent: Monday, October 18, 2021 1:50:31 PM
    Subject: RE: Long-time season ticket holder...

Received your note and wanted to make sure to let you know I agree our kids and fans do deserve better. We expect better. Please do what you can despite your frustration to support our students. Appreciate you caring enough to send this and for your support over the years. Be well.

JC

Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2021 7:51 AM
    To: Athletic Directors Office
    Subject: Long-time season ticket holder...

Hi,

I’m not some big-time donor, just a die hard fan, season ticket holder for around 20 consecutive years and ’92 alum.

You have struck out with your hire of Jimmy. The team has the talent and should be 5-1 if not 6-0. The only thing holding the team back is a head coach who is lost, stubborn, and committed to a style of football that was played 30-40 years ago. He needs to go and you need to start over or this program will be set back a decade or more.

If this change isn’t made, I won’t renew my tickets and there’s probably 1000s of others like me. Obviously that would have profound impact on the athletic department. You know that.

It is so wrong to have these talented student athletes have to suffer through the season under the leadership of this clueless, stubborn set of coaches.

I just sent a few emails from different DAWG address supporting Coach Lake. I let them know “I’m not the only one who feels this way. Don’t be swayed by a few impatient, angry voices from people who never attended the University of Washington nor understand the cultural standards the University sets for the state and the entire Northwest region.”