Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Question re: "no way Lake gets fired this year" nonsense

Comments

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    i just cant get off the 'if you fire lake then who picks the new HC? jen?' bus.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,966
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

That's a lot of effort to go to. Dawgs are in your head, man. Respect, though. Respect.

I get letters:

Sent: Monday, October 18, 2021 1:50:31 PM
    Subject: RE: Long-time season ticket holder...

Received your note and wanted to make sure to let you know I agree our kids and fans do deserve better. We expect better. Please do what you can despite your frustration to support our students. Appreciate you caring enough to send this and for your support over the years. Be well.

JC

Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2021 7:51 AM
    To: Athletic Directors Office
    Subject: Long-time season ticket holder...

Hi,

I’m not some big-time donor, just a die hard fan, season ticket holder for around 20 consecutive years and ’92 alum.

You have struck out with your hire of Jimmy. The team has the talent and should be 5-1 if not 6-0. The only thing holding the team back is a head coach who is lost, stubborn, and committed to a style of football that was played 30-40 years ago. He needs to go and you need to start over or this program will be set back a decade or more.

If this change isn’t made, I won’t renew my tickets and there’s probably 1000s of others like me. Obviously that would have profound impact on the athletic department. You know that.

It is so wrong to have these talented student athletes have to suffer through the season under the leadership of this clueless, stubborn set of coaches.

I just sent a few emails from different DAWG address supporting Coach Lake. I let them know “I’m not the only one who feels this way. Don’t be swayed by a few impatient, angry voices from people who never attended the University of Washington nor understand the cultural standards the University sets for the state and the entire Northwest region.”

This sounds like a fanbase that wants to win.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,166
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

i just cant get off the 'if you fire lake then who picks the new HC? jen?' bus.

Firing Jimmy has to be an already decided upon sentiment FIRST. Then Jen can decide if she wants to go down with that ship and the Pres can decide if Jen is still qualified to pick the next HC.

It's critical path and order. #FireJimmy will need to be the rallying call of the fanbase. That's where it starts. If we haven't come to a consensus on that there's not going to be a discussion of whether Jen also gets fired.
  • BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 102
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Firing Lake would most likely hurt the confidence and feelings of our football student athletes. That is by far the most important thing to consider.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    College football is a cruel game. I could see UW getting on a 3 game win streak just to fuck with us.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,466
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

I heard this again on Derek's (otherwise good) pod. Explain to me why there's "no chance" Lake gets fired after year 2, even if we go 4-8 or 3-9? There's even precedent at UW with Gilby. Every level of the program and AD has been eviscerated and torn asunder. We're talking Hitler in the bunker with Soviet shells landing in the Reich Chancellery Garden levels of bad.

And I know factually the buyout money is there if UW decided they needed to. So let's kill that argument in its tracks here.

Given that Lake is incompetent, if history is a guide at least one more season to endure.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2021
    The only way they fire Lake is IF she currently has Pete in her back pocket to clean up the mess and tide things over while they hire a competent head coach. Which I could see happening
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2021

The only way they fire Lake is IF she currently has Pete in her back pocket to clean up the mess and tide things over while they hire a competent head coach. Which I could see happening

This is as wacky as the idea people had that Willingham was brought in to "clean up the program" and then another coach after that would be in charge of the actual winning.
    DaFuq man what’s next? There’s no Santa?
    Stalin crushing dreams like
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,256
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was one of those guys that thought Willingham was going to be good for the program. I hated Sark that much.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dannarc said:

I was one of those guys that thought Willingham was going to be good for the program. I hated Sark that much.

Wat
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

This is as wacky as the idea people had that Willingham was brought in to "clean up the program" and then another coach after that would be in charge of the actual winning.
    i posted that question on one of condooga's chat/blog sessions back in the day, he had the same response, 'thats crazy.'

now that dj and condooga have both said 'its crazy,' then i have to belive i was right.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,082
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Handicapping the games at this point doesn’t factor in whether the team quits on its coach.

3-9.

Self bump.

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,544
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He needs more time
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,986
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We have no idea the damage Pete caused this program.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2021
    You never fire your coach mid season.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

You never fire your coach mid season.

In this case, I actually wouldn’t, but a bowl game should be the minimum for returning. As long as there aren’t any huge blowouts, he’s coming back. And despite us sucking, it will be hard for a shitty PAC 12 team to do it.