Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to jecornell

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Derek, I asked a question about it. I don't call that demanding. You left out the part where I said I respect your right to pin whatever. Furthermore, I never implied we didn't need you to succeed. I pointed out to you that the first Petersen podcast had 370 listens as an illustration that the podcasts were not juvenile and had gained a quality audience. Moreover, I have contributed to the growth of the bored with the podcasts, several articles and by word of mouth, albeit small.

James was right, as it was bizarre that the podcast was labeled as juvenile compared to the bored. I think its perfect content for the bored....football related with some crude jokes in between.

I also have never thought James was an echo to RoadDawg. I honestly think they both bring really strong insights. The last episode had 324 listens, the second highest. It has steadily grown because it is entertaining and because we seem to have a superior grasp and coverage of UW football compared to the likes Dawgman, Jude & Softy.

I think James has a right to be offended but its just a football message board and he's taking it too seriously. Hopefully his break from the bored will not prevent Derek from supporting future podcasts.

NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORE!!!!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,097
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

fight fighT figHT fiGHT fIGHT FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

James might be angry but I'm not.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Society and pop culture are extremely vaged out and anti-male and especially anti-white male. This site lets people talk sports, cus, be really un-p.c. without getting in real trouble.

I get where little Jimmy is coming from, as the acronyms can be vexing and the jokes tired, but I still "lmao" a lot here and enjoy the freedom. You are never going to get a three day time out for calling some Quook an idiot, or a 30 day one for questioning Kim Jung I'll and F3.

It's pretty easy to change content. Look what death to ducks did to the General Board. You can pretty easily change that around by posting more rational, less neo-con arguments. Facts always help too. You can always tease the libertarians by asking them if they're going to test their own meat for e.coli since the government can't do anything right. Apply that to football and you get the idea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dhdawg said:

Derek, I asked a question about it. I don't call that demanding. You left out the part where I said I respect your right to pin whatever. Furthermore, I never implied we didn't need you to succeed. I pointed out to you that the first Petersen podcast had 370 listens as an illustration that the podcasts were not juvenile and had gained a quality audience. Moreover, I have contributed to the growth of the bored with the podcasts, several articles and by word of mouth, albeit small.

James was right, as it was bizarre that the podcast was labeled as juvenile compared to the bored. I think its perfect content for the bored....football related with some crude jokes in between.

I also have never thought James was an echo to RoadDawg. I honestly think they both bring really strong insights. The last episode had 324 listens, the second highest. It has steadily grown because it is entertaining and because we seem to have a superior grasp and coverage of UW football compared to the likes Dawgman, Jude & Softy.

I think James has a right to be offended but its just a football message board and he's taking it too seriously. Hopefully his break from the bored will not prevent Derek from supporting future podcasts.

NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORE!!!!
    Disagree. It's the offseason the middle of the store arguments are what helps build a board. Something Kim could never grasp since he's a fucking moron.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    and for the record, I have no problem with Chest whatsoever.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    although I do find it awkward to be calling a grown man Chest.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Chest originated because I texted RoadDawg one day and didn't want to type out the entire name so I just said, "this is Chest."

Never had any problem with you Derek, always supported your work dating back to Pigskin Post.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Anyone else think it is funny that JECornell posted this stuff on dawgboard on February 22nd, and nobody noticed for over a month? Why does that board still exist?

That's why this is so funny.

Fuck time for udubdave to close the fucking gates on his site.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Chest originated because I texted RoadDawg one day and didn't want to type out the entire name so I just said, "this is Chest."

Never had any problem with you Derek, always supported your work dating back to Pigskin Post.

Jesus. Go get a room you two already.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

And being the narcissist that I apparently am, I went ahead and pinned the next podcast they did following the above episode.

I'm hearing you're reaching fatters territory in poundage. Staff? Mods?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

How do you feel about Cleveland Steamers?
  • Options
    Founders Club

And being the narcissist that I apparently am, I went ahead and pinned the next podcast they did following the above episode.

I'm hearing you're reaching fatters territory in poundage. Staff? Mods?
    Not in that league, but I am packing around too much and need to trim down.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

How do you feel about Cleveland Steamers?
    Is that a WNBA team?
    Owned by Al Pacino.... Allegedly.