Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to jecornell

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2014
    I knew it was over when Kim stood up for Mr. Cornell.

I just didn't want to say anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Jamie Cornell ‏@Jamiecornell Protected Tweets Feb 22
    Anyone know a good husky forum not run by narcissists to talk football? Let me know thanks! #huskyfootball

What happened around February that got Cornell so pissed off? Was it because DJ(ILTCHTIWID) didn't put their podcast on the announcements?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

IMALOSER had some great moments there...

Dude frequently reached IMALOSER territory, no question.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2014

Anyone know a good husky forum not run by narcissists to talk football? Let me know thanks! #huskyfootball

What happened around February that got Cornell so pissed off? Was it because DJ(ILTCHTIWID) didn't put their podcast on the announcements?

I don't think narcissist means what he thinks it means.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I don't think narcissist means what he thinks it means.
    This.

I don't think he is the brightest crayon in the box.
  • Options
    poc81poc81 Member Posts: 219
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes
    Atrophic vaginitis.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    poc81 said:

Atrophic vaginitis.

The death tally may need an update
  • Options
    Founders Club

There was some brief back-and-forth between me and Chest and JECornell. Chest sent me a PM demanding to know why I was no longer pinning their podcasts. I said "Hey how about `Thank you for all the times you've done so" instead of acting entitled? Chest replied something like "fair enough, but you owe us a thank you for bringing much needed football content to the board." Chest also went on to say that had X amount of subscribers to the podcast, implying that they didn't need HH to succeed. (And I do appreciate the football talk that Chest and RoadDawg bring to the boards very much). I went on to explain that I found their podcasts to be a bit juvenile at times and monotonous to listen to, hence my lack of enthusiasm.

Then suddenly I get an angry PM from JECornell, wanting to know how I could call them juvenile when I run a board doing the same sophomoric jokes over and over. I responded that it was a poor choice of words, and went on to explain in detail what I haven't enjoyed about their podcasts. Those reasons would include how James regurgitates everything that Roaddawg says.

I never heard back from James, but I can see now that he's still fuming.
    Funny, the reasons you gave are the exact same reasons why I haven't listened to more than 10 minutes of those podcasts.

Cornell definitely contracted the vaginitis
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

There was some brief back-and-forth between me and Chest and JECornell. Chest sent me a PM demanding to know why I was no longer pinning their podcasts. I said "Hey how about `Thank you for all the times you've done so" instead of acting entitled? Chest replied something like "fair enough, but you owe us a thank you for bringing much needed football content to the board." Chest also went on to say that had X amount of subscribers to the podcast, implying that they didn't need HH to succeed. (And I do appreciate the football talk that Chest and RoadDawg bring to the boards very much). I went on to explain that I found their podcasts to be a bit juvenile at times and monotonous to listen to, hence my lack of enthusiasm.

Then suddenly I get an angry PM from JECornell, wanting to know how I could call them juvenile when I run a board doing the same sophomoric jokes over and over. I responded that it was a poor choice of words, and went on to explain in detail what I haven't enjoyed about their podcasts. Those reasons would include how James regurgitates everything that Roaddawg says.

I never heard back from James, but I can see now that he's still fuming.
    They were doing offseason podcasts?

CHRIST
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I actually quite liked the podcasts. But, if you are going to vag out about it, then DIAFF.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

And being the narcissist that I apparently am, I went ahead and pinned the next podcast they did following the above episode.

Very Hitler of you to do so..........
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

And being the narcissist that I apparently am, I went ahead and pinned the next podcast they did following the above episode.

Very Hitler of you to do so..........
    why thank you sir
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Derek, I asked a question about it. I don't call that demanding. You left out the part where I said I respect your right to pin whatever. Furthermore, I never implied we didn't need you to succeed. I pointed out to you that the first Petersen podcast had 370 listens as an illustration that the podcasts were not juvenile and had gained a quality audience. Moreover, I have contributed to the growth of the bored with the podcasts, several articles and by word of mouth, albeit small.

James was right, as it was bizarre that the podcast was labeled as juvenile compared to the bored. I think its perfect content for the bored....football related with some crude jokes in between.

I also have never thought James was an echo to RoadDawg. I honestly think they both bring really strong insights. The last episode had 324 listens, the second highest. It has steadily grown because it is entertaining and because we seem to have a superior grasp and coverage of UW football compared to the likes Dawgman, Jude & Softy.

I think James has a right to be offended but its just a football message board and he's taking it too seriously. Hopefully his break from the bored will not prevent Derek from supporting future podcasts.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    fight fighT figHT fiGHT fIGHT FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!