Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Midnight meanderings with BTP

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,459 Founders Club

Our run defense was as big a culprit as Morris

Even Ulo has been completely invisible. The lack of playmaking on defense is astounding.
    Chip almost handed us the game. UCLA should have won by 17-20 points. If they just kept pounding the rock. But Chip had to get cute with the playcalling.
    Exactly. He pissed away 2 or 3 drives by going with the stupid formation to the sideline which resulted in a false start, incomplete pass, and our DB splitting the two blockers and making a nice play when just running or let DTR check down roll out take the 6 yard gain, etc moves the sticks and results in points.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,592 Founders Club
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,858
    chuck said:

Sunday rants are fun. Good job BTP. You've been right about Morris and the offense the whole time.

Man it's crazy how Morris has regressed from mediocre (but with hope) to completely inept and downright embarrassing at times. I've never seen a worse performance by a QB on a team I root for. He is Durocher/Fouch/Lindquist level bad.

The receivers were open deep all fucking game. He can't fit the ball into a 10' window. Jesus. The only thing rushing him most of the game was his own internal panic button getting pushed the moment he couldn't see his first read coming open. The protection was fine, even great last night.

Pleasant should be on a "look at me NFL, I'm a big back with quickness, moves, hands, and good blocking" tour, but all the fuckery is hurting that. He isn't getting noticed yet, I don't think, and he should be. The guy is fucking good and still a work in progress.

What the actual fuck is going on with that pussy Asa Turner? I don't see the use of a strong safety who is always two steps too late to help finish tackles and only knows how to give ground. What is his purpose on defense? The fucking LBs are invisible out there and the only answer is to put safeties in the box who are willing to stick their head in and make plays close to the LOS. Or just keep giving up 10-20 yard runs every time the DL gets washed out.

I dont know why I'm still getting mad. Fuck is wrong with me?

He was embarrassing last year we just masked it with bootlegs and pocket movement and such. People forget the feebleness in the first half against Stanford and Utah. He’s always been bad.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Sunday rants are fun. Good job BTP. You've been right about Morris and the offense the whole time.

Man it's crazy how Morris has regressed from mediocre (but with hope) to completely inept and downright embarrassing at times. I've never seen a worse performance by a QB on a team I root for. He is Durocher/Fouch/Lindquist level bad.

The receivers were open deep all fucking game. He can't fit the ball into a 10' window. Jesus. The only thing rushing him most of the game was his own internal panic button getting pushed the moment he couldn't see his first read coming open. The protection was fine, even great last night.

Pleasant should be on a "look at me NFL, I'm a big back with quickness, moves, hands, and good blocking" tour, but all the fuckery is hurting that. He isn't getting noticed yet, I don't think, and he should be. The guy is fucking good and still a work in progress.

What the actual fuck is going on with that pussy Asa Turner? I don't see the use of a strong safety who is always two steps too late to help finish tackles and only knows how to give ground. What is his purpose on defense? The fucking LBs are invisible out there and the only answer is to put safeties in the box who are willing to stick their head in and make plays close to the LOS. Or just keep giving up 10-20 yard runs every time the DL gets washed out.

He was embarrassing last year we just masked it with bootlegs and pocket movement and such. People forget the feebleness in the first half against Stanford and Utah. He’s always been bad.
    Nah we all saw the issues last year but some, like me, thought there was potential for progress. What we've seen is regression and it's not just because their not scheming him into easy plays enough. He is mentally broken too and has been since game one.
    You all forgot about the most important thing
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,823 Founders Club

chuck said:

chuck said:

Nah we all saw the issues last year but some, like me, thought there was potential for progress. What we've seen is regression and it's not just because their not scheming him into easy plays enough. He is mentally broken too and has been since game one.
    You all forgot about the most important thing
    Same QB coach that destroyed can’t miss Hackenburg. We should kidnap Huard and stash him away until the Dong is fired. Fuck you Jen and Jimmy for bringing this offensive disease to Seattle.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,737
    DMo had an hour to wind up and hit his deep passes to wide open guys. Not even close.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

DMo had an hour to wind up and hit his deep passes to wide open guys. Not even close.

Yeah he had a lot of clean pockets last night. More than I've seen any UW QB in quite a long time. He's just fucking terrified in there.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    OL did their job yesterday (finally).

Morris isn't the biggest issue with the offense (offensive design and play calling are) but he's not far behind.
    dnc said:

Morris isn't the biggest issue with the offense (offensive design and play calling are) but he's not far behind.

I think so too, but last night's performance was his worst yet, I think, and had me questioning that belief.

I still had some lingering hope that something might turn around until he air mailed Otton in the end zone. Somehow that was the final straw for me.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,489
    chuck said:

dnc said:

I think so too, but last night's performance was his worst yet, I think, and had me questioning that belief.

I still had some lingering hope that something might turn around until he air mailed Otton in the end zone. Somehow that was the final straw for me.
    I lost my shit on that play and it ended 10 seconds later with my wife tugging me to sit down and everyone looking at me.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,795
    8 TDs and 8 INTs. 2-4 record with a L against Montana. What could Huard do that is worse than that?
    LawDawg1 said:

8 TDs and 8 INTs. 2-4 record with a L against Montana. What could Huard do that is worse than that?

Huard could hit those deep balls. They were all easy plays for the QB. The deep man was his first and only read at least three times. Huard probably hits all three of those. His deep ball is his best trait.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    I think Jimmy has to know Morris isn’t the long term answer, but he thinks Morris gives them a better shot to win in the short term. And his only concern is winning in the short term so he can keep his job. Too bad he can’t even do that
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,643 Founders Club

Not to offer any excuses, but is there a RB on the roster who can actually get outside the tackles? Recruiting for that position has been brutal. This is the worst collection of RB"s in a long time. McGrew is the only guy who can make someone miss.

For some hairbrained reason they won't let McGrew outside the tackles.
    NEsnake12 said:

I think Jimmy has to know Morris isn’t the long term answer, but he thinks Morris gives them a better shot to win in the short term. And his only concern is winning in the short term so he can keep his job. Too bad he can’t even do that

Does he? He’s lost 3 games on his own this year. Huard hits that throw to McMillan yesterday btw
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,178 Founders Club

Not to offer any excuses, but is there a RB on the roster who can actually get outside the tackles? Recruiting for that position has been brutal. This is the worst collection of RB"s in a long time. McGrew is the only guy who can make someone miss.

For some hairbrained reason they won't let McGrew outside the tackles inside the first two gaymes.
    ftfy