Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Midnight meanderings with BTP

13»

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,823 Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

I think Jimmy has to know Morris isn’t the long term answer, but he thinks Morris gives them a better shot to win in the short term. And his only concern is winning in the short term so he can keep his job. Too bad he can’t even do that

I feel like this is what most coaches in the country would think in this situation but Jimmy has to know that he's safe. Hopkins finished last two straight years and he's still here, Jimmy has a losing record in his first full year and he's terminated? In Seattle? Not gonna happen. It should happen. He has failed on so many levels that he's earned it for sure but optics are more important than merit in Seattle so he's safe. Play Huard or fucking O'Brien if you don't want Donovans stink on your investment. He really has nothing to lose. The QB play can't be worse.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    I think Sam is not playing because his family has made it obvious they want him redshirting. I think you’ll see him start later this year.

I didn’t watch the whole game but watched the second half and it still seemed like the offense is clueless on how to pick up or attack a blitz.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,823 Founders Club

I think Sam is not playing because his family has made it obvious they want him redshirting. I think you’ll see him start later this year.

I didn’t watch the whole game but watched the second half and it still seemed like the offense is clueless on how to pick up or attack a blitz.

This is my major issue with Huff. He just has no ability to teach these kids how to properly communicate with each other. The worst I've seen it was the Colorado game in 2019. A bunch of nobodies blitzed that O line relentlessly and Eason was shitting his pants and running backwards all night. All they did was run a simple twist over and over again. It's bad and hard to watch.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Eddy and Bowman are nice depth players or starters on a lower level P12 team, Powell is what he is and seems to be the third DB off the bench. You can't rely on three walk-ons to play prominent roles on your defense and expect to play on New Years Day. Talent evaluation misses and a seeming lack of development of the kids they actually signed are damning to this staff that prides itself on those traits. It's all so depressing.

Bullshit on Edy. We've seen him play at an all-conference level, the dude has the tools. Gregory is just scheming a complete dogshit defense.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

Eddy and Bowman are nice depth players or starters on a lower level P12 team, Powell is what he is and seems to be the third DB off the bench. You can't rely on three walk-ons to play prominent roles on your defense and expect to play on New Years Day. Talent evaluation misses and a seeming lack of development of the kids they actually signed are damning to this staff that prides itself on those traits. It's all so depressing.

Bullshit on Edy. We've seen him play at an all-conference level, the dude has the tools. Gregory is just scheming a complete dogshit defense.
    Ulofoshio still jumps off the screen a couple of times per game, but isn't there as often as I'm used to or expect. I can't see what's happening, just that he's not making big plays.

It's just a disease I think. Gregory is part of it or has succumbed to it. Either way the defense sucks.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,858

This is my major issue with Huff. He just has no ability to teach these kids how to properly communicate with each other. The worst I've seen it was the Colorado game in 2019. A bunch of nobodies blitzed that O line relentlessly and Eason was shitting his pants and running backwards all night. All they did was run a simple twist over and over again. It's bad and hard to watch.
    Mel Tucker killed us with delayed pressures.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2021

Mel Tucker killed us with delayed pressures.
    Ucla showed they were coming and then came snd and they had no problem either. It’s who we are.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    chuck said:

Ulofoshio still jumps off the screen a couple of times per game, but isn't there as often as I'm used to or expect. I can't see what's happening, just that he's not making big plays.

It's just a disease I think. Gregory is part of it or has succumbed to it. Either way the defense sucks.
    He hasn’t been very good this year and definitely took a step back.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,491 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tldr I'm glad I skipped watching this game.

#FireJimmy