Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Parents of players starting to finger point

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The portal is a way for Jimmy to get fired. If there is a mass exodus, the writing will be on the wall, even for Cohen. It’s shows program rot and that these guys don’t want to play for the coach.

That’s likely a slow drip though. Don’t know if the people in charge would think to act first.
    I dont think it's going to be that slow. It's kind of fun and interesting to speculate about how this is going to happen though.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,669
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I said 15+ will hit the portal if they end up being a 4 win team and I'm sticking with that based on the way the winds are blowing.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,665
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

This is all very depressing. I’ve checked out emotionally this year (thanks Montana!) so the losses and poor play don’t effect me much. Knowing I don’t get to have any optimism for next year either? That. Is. Shitty. Fuck guys and lady, it’s really a downer for me. It’s like Deja vu of getting kicked in the nuts. This all feels so sickeningly familiar.

So many scripts being followed. Jimmy ain’t getting canned. Jen will be back or get another job. She ain’t getting fired though.
    But you'll still root for the Seahawks and the Kraken like a good little tool.
    Not sure what the relationship is here, but no.
    There's been a lot of people shitting on @haie recently, so he has his spreadsheets in place and he's ready for one hell of a revenge tour of obscure, off-the-mark pot shots.
    "a lot of people"
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Despite some thinking otherwise, Donovan is getting fired. Gregory is stepping down for health reasons or getting fired. A couple other assistants are likely getting fired.

Jimmy will get to run it back with new coordinators and a bunch of other new staff members. The offense needs to be revamped and we have to get some recruiters in.

Only problem with this is Jimmy isn’t going to be able to hire anybody worth a damn

But you’re right in saying that Jimmy’s going to drive that bus right over some people as soon as the season ends

It’s also the reason it’s so important to maintain accountability on what Jimmy actually owns in this shit show
    Need @RaceBannon to impose Jimmy’s head on the Willie Taggert bus driver gif
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    Founders Club

This is all very depressing. I’ve checked out emotionally this year (thanks Montana!) so the losses and poor play don’t effect me much. Knowing I don’t get to have any optimism for next year either? That. Is. Shitty. Fuck guys and lady, it’s really a downer for me. It’s like Deja vu of getting kicked in the nuts. This all feels so sickeningly familiar.

We’re fucked.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I would say there is an AT LEAST 81% chance that if JonDon isn't given the boot, Sam Huard will transfer.

If Cohen (or a new AD) cleans house, I have to imagine there is an AT LEAST 81% chance that Sam Huard stays.

I mean, wouldn't you if UW goes out and gets Matt Campbell, Kalen Deboer, or maybe even Jamey Chadwell.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

I would say there is an AT LEAST 81% chance that if JonDon isn't given the boot, Sam Huard will transfer.

If Cohen (or a new AD) cleans house, I have to imagine there is an AT LEAST 81% chance that Sam Huard stays.

I mean, wouldn't you if UW goes out and gets Matt Campbell, Kalen Deboer, or maybe even Jamey Chadwell.

UW isn't getting any of those people
    Then who would be hired if Jimmy Fake gets the boot?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Despite some thinking otherwise, Donovan is getting fired. Gregory is stepping down for health reasons or getting fired. A couple other assistants are likely getting fired.

Jimmy will get to run it back with new coordinators and a bunch of other new staff members. The offense needs to be revamped and we have to get some recruiters in.

Yeah, I think the most likely scenario is Jimmy is told to clean house and gets another year. The problem is, no one worth a shit is gonna want to work for a coach who is likely getting fired after the season. Expect a bunch of Ed Donatells to be hired to fill in with the retained greenhorns like Cato and Rowan.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,104
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Four fucking pages and not one tweet by a hot mom

Bring back Haener.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, I think the most likely scenario is Jimmy is told to clean house and gets another year. The problem is, no one worth a shit is gonna want to work for a coach who is likely getting fired after the season. Expect a bunch of Ed Donatells to be hired to fill in with the retained greenhorns like Cato and Rowan.
    Ed O was practically a dead man walking before Joe Brady took over the offense.

Jimmy is probably toast, but he could get lucky.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We all know the staff makeover is like rearranging deck chairs unless you're a team that's already good. I think you're absolutely right about how it will go too. I'm actually not convinced the changes will occur anywhere aside from OC and running backs. Any defensive changes will surprise me as the defense has some ready made excuses and probably won't finish the season with bad numbers. Middle of the pac is probably adequate to keep all of them, since thst won't look as bad next to an 11th or 12th place offense.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Caple’s interview with Jen today sure sounded like someone that is going all in on defending her hire of Jimmy
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Caple’s interview with Jen today sure sounded like someone that is going all in on defending her hire of Jimmy
    There was definitely strategy from the AD this week.

Players suck leak to no name writer at the times.

Jen interview with Caple

All articles remind everyone that there are plenty of reasons to go to the games!