Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Parents of players starting to finger point

1235»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Despite some thinking otherwise, Donovan is getting fired. Gregory is stepping down for health reasons or getting fired. A couple other assistants are likely getting fired.

Jimmy will get to run it back with new coordinators and a bunch of other new staff members. The offense needs to be revamped and we have to get some recruiters in.

Yeah, I think the most likely scenario is Jimmy is told to clean house and gets another year. The problem is, no one worth a shit is gonna want to work for a coach who is likely getting fired after the season. Expect a bunch of Ed Donatells to be hired to fill in with the retained greenhorns like Cato and Rowan.
    Caple’s interview with Jen today sure sounded like someone that is going all in on defending her hire of Jimmy
    There was definitely strategy from the AD this week.

Players suck leak to no name writer at the times.

Jen interview with Caple

All articles remind everyone that there are plenty of reasons to go to the games!

So when the Dawgs lose rather easily this weekend it’s going to make for a fun week
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Despite some thinking otherwise, Donovan is getting fired. Gregory is stepping down for health reasons or getting fired. A couple other assistants are likely getting fired.

Jimmy will get to run it back with new coordinators and a bunch of other new staff members. The offense needs to be revamped and we have to get some recruiters in.

Yeah, I think the most likely scenario is Jimmy is told to clean house and gets another year. The problem is, no one worth a shit is gonna want to work for a coach who is likely getting fired after the season. Expect a bunch of Ed Donatells to be hired to fill in with the retained greenhorns like Cato and Rowan.
    Ed O was practically a dead man walking before Joe Brady took over the offense.

Jimmy is probably toast, but he could get lucky.
    Yeah but at least Ed was recruiting.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I get the feeling Ed knows he's not the sharpest tool in the shed and can play to his strengths and get out of the way when needed. Jimmy has none of that self awareness.
    Completely agree with this.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Ed got a ring, let’s not compare Jimmy to him.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,292
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Just goes to show how important recruiting is, you can have a mediocre coach and still compete for championships with superior athletes. It's the only way I would ever give Jimmy a pass, he shitcans staff and puts top notch assistants and recruiters on board, but, alas, who would want to come commit career suicide here right now?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,094
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Just goes to show how important recruiting is, you can have a mediocre coach and still compete for championships with superior athletes. It's the only way I would ever give Jimmy a pass, he shitcans staff and puts top notch assistants and recruiters on board, but, alas, who would want to come commit career suicide here right now?

The amount of money it would take to get top notch assistants to risk said suicide is not in the budget.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

I get the feeling Ed knows he's not the sharpest tool in the shed and can play to his strengths and get out of the way when needed. Jimmy has none of that self awareness.
    That's the same playbook as Meat