Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sarkisian: 2012 Huskies couldn't overcome the youth factor

Comments

• Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    May God bless you and keep you always
    May your wishes all come true
    May you always do for others
    And let others do for you
    May you build a ladder to the stars
    And climb on every rung
    May you stay forever young
    Forever young, forever young

May you grow up to be righteous
    May you grow up to be true
    May you always know the truth
    And see the lights surrounding you
    May you always be courageous
    Stand upright and be strong

May your hands be always busy
    May your feet always be swift
    May you have a strong foundation
    When the winds of changes shift
    May your heart always be joyful
    And may your song always be sung

Way back when I betcha Bob Dylan had no idea he was writing a song about Husky football, Sarkesian style...
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Will this ever change? Do we rely on youth because they are better athletes or do we screw them up threw our "development process?" Both?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Lack of preparedness, direction, attitude, toughness, player development and accountability. These are coaching problems. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see things changing until a new head coach takes over.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

May God bless you and keep you always
    May your wishes all come true
    May you always do for others
    And let others do for you
    May you build a ladder to the stars
    And climb on every rung

May you grow up to be righteous
    May you grow up to be true
    May you always know the truth
    And see the lights surrounding you
    May you always be courageous
    Stand upright and be strong

May your hands be always busy
    May your feet always be swift
    May you have a strong foundation
    When the winds of changes shift
    May your heart always be joyful
    And may your song always be sung

Way back when I betcha Bob Dylan had no idea he was writing a song about Husky football, Sarkesian style...

Disagree
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Nothing will change.

As a bench warmer in the SEC, I played very little, but I did see how winning teams are built. Cream Puff is not even close.

Lack of preparedness, direction, attitude, toughness, player development and accountability. These are coaching problems. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see things changing until a new head coach takes over.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's hard to buy the youth excuse when these mistakes are happening every year. What will the excuses be this year?

Sark needs to go. I want to enjoy watching Husky Football again. I'm tried of watching a mediocre, soft team.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Sarks best coaching performance was in 2009. He actually coached them pretty well. The record did not indicate that. The PLAYERS were two field goals away from a 9-4 season last year. Sark finished 7-6. His coaching has stagnated or went down hill since 2009.

I'm from the 5-year fraternity. That's what you get as a head coach to win your conference. I have belief in Sark next year (his 5th). All the dawgman bitches will be happy with 9 wins. Only because nobody over there has a fucking clue. Sark SHOULD HAVE AND WAS 2 PLAYS AWAY FROM 9 WINS LAST YEAR. 10 wins is the benchmark for Snark next year, period, end of fucking story.

I closely watched Bruce Snyder take 2 shitty teams, in the 90's,to near back-to-back national championships in YEAR 5 (ASU was one play or two away from the crystal ball vs Ohio St. in the rose bowl, Cal finished #8 If I recall correctly). His teams got noticeably better each year. They didn't finish 7-6 every year. Were talking about CAL AND ASU for fuck sake.

Sark gets next year!!!!!! 18 starters and a senior qb. That usually means a pac10/12 champion. Oh fucking no, not Sark. He needs 7-10 years. One dipshit from fuckman.com said Sark needs 10 years because he took over an 0-12 team. Sark finished 6-7 in '09; hardly an 0-12 team (Les Miles was amazed that team was 0-12 the year prior. There was plenty of talent.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Roaddawg, saying Sark needs to go is premature. See how he does next year. If he doesn't beat Oregon and win 10 then I think he needs to go, but that will never happen. there are no SEC standards here at Washington. Their used to be.

Part of me wants Sark to finish 5-8 and get canned. But what's more likely to happen? Sark will finish 8-5 and that will be enough improvement (even though he should have finished there in year three) for a contract extention. If we don't win the conference next year, Sark wont get us to a rose bowl ever. And Woody doesn't have the balls to cut ties as we have a brand new stadium, and recruiting is going well.

Its going to be a perpetual "just wait till next year" program with Sark if he doesn't win next year. However I'm willing to give Sark the benefit. I like him a lot as a person
  • Options
    June Jones took friggin Hawaii to the Sugar Bowl after 6 years, Hawaii. Oh, but Hawaii is much easier to recruit for than Washington; the weather is better. (Fleenor always uses the weather excuse.)

Maybe Washington is in the same class as the Warriors now and we should give Cream Puff 6 years to get us back to the Holiday Bowl. By the way, who cares if Steve is a nice guy? I'd rather have a jerk that wins and the players respect.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Roaddawg, saying Sark needs to go is premature. See how he does next year. If he doesn't beat Oregon and win 10 then I think he needs to go, but that will never happen. there are no SEC standards here at Washington. Their used to be.

Part of me wants Sark to finish 5-8 and get canned. But what's more likely to happen? Sark will finish 8-5 and that will be enough improvement (even though he should have finished there in year three) for a contract extention. If we don't win the conference next year, Sark wont get us to a rose bowl ever. And Woody doesn't have the balls to cut ties as we have a brand new stadium, and recruiting is going well.

Its going to be a perpetual "just wait till next year" program with Sark if he doesn't win next year. However I'm willing to give Sark the benefit. I like him a lot as a person

Sark can't go 5-8. A real football school would have fired him already. Washington wouldn't even fire him if he went 5-7 in 2013.

Washington already is a perpetual "just wait until next year" program. That's why Sark still has his job.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    DeepSeaZ said:

Will this ever change? Do we rely on youth because they are better athletes or do we screw them up threw our "development process?" Both?

Based on what I've seen, I would say that Sark's Huskies are underdeveloped, especially on the line of scrimmage. Some of this is likely due to holes in the talent depth inherited from Tyrone and some of it (perhaps even more) is the result of Sark's imbalanced recruiting during his first three years. Normally, a college football program in rebuild, such as Husky Football has been the past four seasons, needs an infusion of JC transfers to fill-in the holes, but UW has had little or none of that thus far during Sark's regime. Given the lack of transfers combined with the injuries, Husky Football may remain forever young.

• Options
    Some of this is The Dud's (Tyster) doing? Give us a break! This is the most worn out of a litany of worn out excuses. Imbalanced recruiting? Ya think?
    Tailgater said:

Some of this is likely due to holes in the talent depth inherited from Tyrone and some of it (perhaps even more) is the result of Sark's imbalanced recruiting.

• Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Sark can't go 5-8. A real football school would have fired him already. Washington wouldn't even fire him if he went 5-7 in 2013.

Washington already is a perpetual "just wait until next year" program. That's why Sark still has his job.
    Sark still has his job because 1-2-5-4-0 is what preceded him going 5-7-7-7 with three straight bowls. Now with a new stadium and his best team, expectations are for 9 wins this year and 10 next.

If Sark goes 5-7 he definitely would be gone. This is a program that built a new stadium and had a blank check from the Pres & AD to help Sark revamp half of his staff after year 3. Does that sound like a program that is happy with 7-6 or 8-5? The admin has given him everything he needs. They know it and he knows it.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,084
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    9-4 with this schedule is 7-6.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nothing will change.

As a bench warmer in the SEC, I played very little, but I did see how winning teams are built. Cream Puff is not even close.

Why are you trying to compare your time on the cheerleading squad to playing football. Hardly the same. Even if it was in the SEC
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Woodward will only fire Sark to save himself. Not a minute sooner.

That is an interesting point because a lot of AD's get fired along with the coach unless you are Dan Guerrero at UCLA. Woody and Sark'a future seem to go together, which is why I doubt Sark gets fired, even if he goes 7-5 or 6-6. As long as he makes a bowl, he's safe.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    Founders Club

Woodward will only fire Sark to save himself. Not a minute sooner.

That is an interesting point because a lot of AD's get fired along with the coach unless you are Dan Guerrero at UCLA. Woody and Sark'a future seem to go together, which is why I doubt Sark gets fired, even if he goes 7-5 or 6-6. As long as he makes a bowl, he's safe.

That's more often the case in the NFL with the GM and head coach going out at the same time. It happens in college as well but not as often when the AD is working with his first coach. I imagine Woody has the political clout to survive if Sark goes 5-7 or worse. I would guess that if Sark is caught fondling waitresses at Joey causing embarassmet for the school, Woody might go out with him.

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Sark still has his job because 1-2-5-4-0 is what preceded him going 5-7-7-7 with three straight bowls. Now with a new stadium and his best team, expectations are for 9 wins this year and 10 next.

If Sark goes 5-7 he definitely would be gone. This is a program that built a new stadium and had a blank check from the Pres & AD to help Sark revamp half of his staff after year 3. Does that sound like a program that is happy with 7-6 or 8-5? The admin has given him everything he needs. They know it and he knows it.

Agree on both counts. He's benefiting from his predecessor's fuck ups and he's been given everything he needs to win. 5-7 = slam dunk fired. The test of the admin's commitment to excellence via accountability will be if he stays after a 7-6 or 8-4 season.
  • Options
    NorthLakeDubNorthLakeDub Member Posts: 47
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Nothing will change.

And after having a 12-1 season as BYU QB, and being a protege under Pete Carroll at USC, Sark knows absolutely nothing about how a winning team is built. He has never seen what a winning team looks like, has he?

So I guess you must have some kind of privileged insider's perspective of the UW program and you see the daily ins and outs of the program that leads you to the conclusion that nothing will change and Sark is not even close to building a winning team?