Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DDY backstory?

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

He vaporized into ash over Rolovich's stance on the jab. Sad but true story. You can check his Twitter to confirm. The end.

Which is hilarious considering his biggest threat is liver cirrhosis
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

He must have made some kind of an impact, because we seem to rehash this about every four or five months around here. I'll say it again

Yes! You guys revisit the TSIO thing more than my girlfriends and I pick apart our last breakups…and we ladies talk about that bullshit TO DEATH!
    Are you guys drinking wine??
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

He must have made some kind of an impact, because we seem to rehash this about every four or five months around here. I'll say it again

Yes! You guys revisit the TSIO thing more than my girlfriends and I pick apart our last breakups…and we ladies talk about that bullshit TO DEATH!
    Guys?

Its birthing people

Get it right
    Are you ladies drinking wine??*
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    FireCohen said:

It’s progressed:

Twenties: Fruity Cocktails / White Wine / Shitty Beer / Vodka / Tequila
    Thirties: Training wheels microbrew beer (Pyramid, Fat Tire, etc.) / Red Wine
    Forties: Classic Cocktails / Whiskey / Rosé / Cider / Grownup microbrew beer
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sancho said:

The backlash to him is annoying. Everybody listened. It was fun.

RIP

Exactly this site lives for failure and their haters couldnt wait for Dennis and Coker to tap out so they could beat their chest, but lets not pretend anyone here has a bullet proof record with hawt takes on coaches or croots

DDY and Coker were fun. We're they dawg fortune tellers or the best face for the fan base? Meh but at least they had an opinion beyond tits are great and fire everyone.
    Excuse Me, Sir, but I, for one, slap my "Tits Are Great" sign above my door every time I leave the house.

And I have no plan to change that beautiful way to start my day.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    DDY was very funny, clever and entertaining, especially in a body cast. He delivered his best commentary between drinks 3 and 5. Outside that range, he wasn't as good.

I didn't agree with much of his chicken-shit attacks on CP, and I thought his whiny bullshit about not criticizing that asshole Joey Thomas was over-the-top stupid from a program standpoint, and his Godlike worship of Smalls was, well, homoerotic to say the least.

But I do miss his clever wit and biting bitchy comments, a hallmark of many smart gays I know.

What I see from Coker and DDY on Twitter is not impressive. It's Try-Hardism. And boring.

I wish people would just abandon Twitter. Like wokeism, it turns everything to shit.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,704
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He must have made some kind of an impact, because we seem to rehash this about every four or five months around here. I'll say it again: TSIO was what got me here. They talked about Husky football in public the way I do in private (my takes are at least 19% more accurate, though...), so I both hated that the pod existed but absolutely loved listening to it. I think the three of them (yes, even Teq) could do legit radio if station managers weren't such pussies; they are legit talented "sports radio" personalities.

When they started taking their race jokes seriously (more here than on the pod), program damage started outweighing entertainment value, and I was over it.

Now that the program has committed seppuku, and the only entertainment value left in Husky football are forums like this and pods like that, I'd love to see them back.

He was a Jekyll and Hyde poaster. A lot of his rants were hilarious while also having a good outlook on Husky football. However, once he started to dive down his "fast strategy" bullshit that transformed into CP being some sort of closet racist it started going downhill fast. It wasn't that he didn't have some good points, but he would usually be drunk and his call outs of how CP doesn't like black people was beyond cringe. This was also around the time when a lot of players he HATED that UW recruited (BBK best example) started to tear it up but he couldn't look beyond their HS star rating and would be adamant they still sucked. While the higher end recruits we got that he LOVED who were doing jack shit "needed more time to develop" and all this other bullshit.

Overall I liked him but I am pretty sure his alcoholism in his later years here just made him spiral out of control to where he was mostly just annoying at that point. Then he bitched out and left.
    His shtick here started to wear thin with me. It got to the point where I couldn't tell if anything he posted was earnest. The fast/slow strategy topic led to an embarrassing period where people were stepping on their dicks on a regular basis while trying to test the bounds on racial matters.

It us hilarious how these threads pop up from time to time and grow to multiple pages without fail. TSIO can still drive traffic here, years after death.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,090
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

It’s progressed:

No White Claw. Do not believe.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

My favorite part about DDY was his being neither black, nor homosexual.

Nor a famed keyboardist
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

FireCohen said:

It’s progressed:

No White Claw. Do not believe.

You got a FO on principle for that quip…

…but if White Claw had been around in my twenties, when I was young and stupid, I probably would’ve been drinking it.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

FireCohen said:

It’s progressed:

So much for once you go tequila you never go back
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 466
    Domo arigato DDY.
    That being said the old podcast was really entertaining. I should give the new one a try too. I appreciate the effort it takes to complete one.
    Love to see the podcast reinvigorated and continued. Used to use the podcast to fall asleep to. Haven’t found anything I like falling asleep to quite as much.