Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW -4 at beavs

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

Wrong team favored I think. But nothing would surprise me.

That was my thought too
    I was surprised at how physical the beavs looked on offense. They looked good. Like a real team. But then I remembered they lost to Purdue. Don’t know how to make sense of all this.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,823 Founders Club

ntxduck said:

That was my thought too
    I was surprised at how physical the beavs looked on offense. They looked good. Like a real team. But then I remembered they lost to Purdue. Don’t know how to make sense of all this.
    My thots exactly
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,611
    edited September 2021

ntxduck said:

That was my thought too
    I will say, usc looks like it has absolutely quit. May hold off on how much $ I put down until I see usc colorado Saturday am. If usc shows up and gets run over by ralphie, I may not put as much down
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I don't think USC gives a shit about this season.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
    UW -4 @ Oregon State is such a Jimmy Lake / John Donovan / Bob Gregory spread. Ugh.

My top 3:

1. Luke Fickell (prob going to USC)

2. Kalen DeBoer (avoided a letdown game after a big win in the Rose Bowl and he has some familiar names on his staff)

3. Bill O'Brien (he did a nice job starting the turn around at Penn State and is gaining valuable insight as Alabama's OC this year).
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,632 Founders Club
    edited September 2021

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

That was my thought too
    I will say, usc looks like it has absolutely quit. May hold off on how much $ I put down until I see usc colorado Saturday am. If usc shows up and gets run over by ralphie, I may not put as much down
    This is why anything can happen. Sure, the Beav beating up on USC seems impressive, but it probably isn’t. One 6-6 team beat another 6-6 team.
    In 1984, the Huskies went to Ann Arbor and beat #2 Michigan 20-11. By season's end, Michigan was 6-6.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,161 Founders Club

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

That was my thought too
    This is why anything can happen. Sure, the Beav beating up on USC seems impressive, but it probably isn’t. One 6-6 team beat another 6-6 team.
    In 1984, the Huskies went to Ann Arbor and beat #2 Michigan 20-11. By season's end, Michigan was 6-6.
    Seems to me Michigan lost to the #1 and #2 team in the cuntry that season.

Strength of schedule superiority guy.

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
    It just doesn't get any more mediocre than being favored by just 4 at Oregon State.

If we had a good HC and coordinators, the line certainly wouldn't be -4. There is talent on this team and if McDuffie can come back, it will be the healthiest they've been all season.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

It's now getting bet down to -2

I honestly think the wrong team is favored.

Fuck! They're trying to steal my money.

Oh well, I'd take the Beavs straight up.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s amazing how Oregon state has turned it around once they switched quarterbacks
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited September 2021
    It's now getting bet down to -2

I honestly think the wrong team is favored.
    HuskyJW said:

It’s amazing how Oregon state has turned it around once they switched quarterbacks

It goes to show that quarterback play is by far the most important aspect to a football team. Watch the ND/Wiscy game. Quarterback play alone decided that game. If Wiscy had a halfway decent quarterback, they are winning that game by 1-2 touchdowns, instead they lose by 28.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited September 2021
    The biggest weakness in the Washington defense is their inability to stop the run. Oregon State's biggest offensive strength is running the football.

This does not bode well for Washington.