Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW -4 at beavs

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,611

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

The biggest weakness in the Washington defense is their inability to stop the run. Oregon State's biggest offensive strength is running the football.

This does not bode well for Washington.

Actually stopping the running game, aside from some critical failures to contain Garbers, was a strength against Cal. They averaged over 6 ypc prior to that game.

Still though...nothing about the game bodes well for UW. I expect whatever transfer QB they're trotting out to single handedly win the game if that's what it takes.
    Yeah I was going to say we almost cut their ypc in half on Saturday and then is Chance Nolan really going to carve up our secondary? They aren't as talented as Cal at skill positions even.
    Oregon states running backs and wrs are >>>>>cals.
    Rb? Not so sure. Even if their wrs are better (they aren't) they have Chance Nolan who looked like shit last year, not Garbers, throwing to them.

Probably similar but again chance nolan has to beat our secondary.
    Garbers is better at qb. All other positions I give to the boov. Cal was really bad with playmakers. Like maybe the worst in the conference sans Arizona.
    Haie doesn’t actually know anything about sports
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

no_uh said:

That line swung hard. OSU now at -2.5.

I could see it go to -3.5 prior to kickoff
    That's about right. That's enough to make me think twice about taking beav.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

The biggest weakness in the Washington defense is their inability to stop the run. Oregon State's biggest offensive strength is running the football.

Actually stopping the running game, aside from some critical failures to contain Garbers, was a strength against Cal. They averaged over 6 ypc prior to that game.

Still though...nothing about the game bodes well for UW. I expect whatever transfer QB they're trotting out to single handedly win the game if that's what it takes.
    Yeah I was going to say we almost cut their ypc in half on Saturday and then is Chance Nolan really going to carve up our secondary? They aren't as talented as Cal at skill positions even.
    Rb? Not so sure. Even if their wrs are better (they aren't) they have Chance Nolan who looked like shit last year, not Garbers, throwing to them.

Garbers is better at qb. All other positions I give to the boov. Cal was really bad with playmakers. Like maybe the worst in the conference sans Arizona.
    Quooking so hard for the beavlet. Pathetic.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,864
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

Quooking so hard for the beavlet. Pathetic.
    Don't talk shit about my people
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,632 Founders Club

crazy to think im hoping that the boovs have a letdown after winning at usc when they face us?

UW is a trap game for them
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,632 Founders Club

The beavs will choke and you will have Jimmy for the next 10 years

For a Beaver Believer you don't have a lot of faith
    edited September 2021
    lol

Just got an automated voicemail from Johnathon Smith, in the classic JSmith tone, proclaiming that the BEAVS are 3-1, off to a great start, and need all the energy they can get from Beavlet Nation as they host the DAWGS on October 2nd, 6 PM!!!

Jimmy better not lose.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    Offensive stats, Beavs and Bears 1-2 in the conference thus far. Cal ave. about 25 more yards a game passing, beavs ave. 70 more a game in the run dept. Line seems about right. Those 15K actual butts beavs averaging won't make a difference. If they manage 20K this week, watch out. Beavs could surprise.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,825 Founders Club
    Beavers will throw up all over themselves as the DAWGS win rather easily
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

The one thing that gives me pause, is how fast that line swung. There's a lot of people and a lot of money going OSU's way
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,198

crazy to think im hoping that the boovs have a letdown after winning at usc when they face us?

UW is a trap game for them
    100% hard to get up for big games two weeks in a row.

i like us? in a close one here.

Feels like a repeat of 2019 where our offense puts up 17-19 but they can't handle our defense. They had a really good quarterback last time too.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,825 Founders Club
    Sources said:

Mid-week dooging in full bloom. It's like the first 4 games never happened. UW chokes this one away

I only had to watch one of them

I find that not watching makes me more optimistic

Thanks Pac 12 Network!
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
    haie said:

Feels like a repeat of 2019 where our offense puts up 17-19 but they can't handle our defense. They had a really good quarterback last time too.
    That was a much different D and Kwat was still involved. The current spread and O / U is predicting the Hairy Beavs win 29-26.

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Babsushka + Michalkczicvhz > Lake + Jon Don

OSU wins rather easily 30 - 13

• sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 797
    I really hate game night. I can't help rooting for my shitty Huskies, even as I know it's prolonging the horror.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    We’re losing rather easily hth
    Sources said:

Mid-week dooging in full bloom. It's like the first 4 games never happened. UW chokes this one away

It's dooging to think that UW can and will beat Oregon fucking Beavlet fucking State?

It's not like JSmith magically got an influx of talent this year.

It's not even a given that the 8-5 2019 team is better than this team. They weren't even competitive against Colorado, were getting handled to start the Apple Cup, etc.

Most here said Cal was going to beat us down, and really it was the other way around and they needed a huge swing just to get it to OT.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited September 2021
    haie said:

Sources said:

It's dooging to think that UW can and will beat Oregon fucking Beavlet fucking State?

It's not like JSmith magically got an influx of talent this year.

It's not even a given that the 8-5 2019 team is better than this team. They weren't even competitive against Colorado, were getting handled to start the Apple Cup, etc.

Most here said Cal was going to beat us down, and really it was the other way around and they needed a huge swing just to get it to OT.
    “Most here said Cal was going to beat us down . . . “

Actually, if Cal kicker makes his FG attempt, there is no OT and game is over.

The game was at Husky Stadium.

Both are bad to average teams based on the season thus far. Neither worthy of betting a penny on because they are not very good or consistent.

This game is at Corn Valley.

Babushka as a college player; Coordinator; Head Coach > Lake . . . It’s not even close.

If anything, Babushka was held back by Peterman when he was OC at UW.