Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW -4 at beavs

Comments

• spudenspuden Member Posts: 363

Watch them play nickel the whole game

I mean, how else will Jimmy keep his illustrious streak of only giving up 35 points or less that no one gives a fuck about steak alive?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    HFNY said:

UW -4 @ Oregon State is such a Jimmy Lake / John Donovan / Bob Gregory spread. Ugh.

My top 3:

1. Luke Fickell (prob going to USC)

2. Kalen DeBoer (avoided a letdown game after a big win in the Rose Bowl and he has some familiar names on his staff)

3. Bill O'Brien (he did a nice job starting the turn around at Penn State and is gaining valuable insight as Alabama's OC this year).

No fucking way on BoB
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Beavs are now favorites
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,719 Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

The biggest weakness in the Washington defense is their inability to stop the run. Oregon State's biggest offensive strength is running the football.

This does not bode well for Washington.

Watch them play nickel the whole game
    I'll give Bob credit for running a 3-4 on first down against Cal, but I doubt they will run it the whole game and force Nolan to throw
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,611
    Tequilla said:

Beavs are now favorites

Jesus. -3 too. Beavs getting steamed. I almost like UW now
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,198
    crazy to think im hoping that the boovs have a letdown after winning at usc when they face us?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

crazy to think im hoping that the boovs have a letdown after winning at usc when they face us?

In some ways a loss benefits the program more. The Longer these coaches are around the harder the turn around. Nobody has the “student athletes” experience in the forefront. It’s all about buyouts and how hot the seat is.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

The biggest weakness in the Washington defense is their inability to stop the run. Oregon State's biggest offensive strength is running the football.

Actually stopping the running game, aside from some critical failures to contain Garbers, was a strength against Cal. They averaged over 6 ypc prior to that game.

Still though...nothing about the game bodes well for UW. I expect whatever transfer QB they're trotting out to single handedly win the game if that's what it takes.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Actually stopping the running game, aside from some critical failures to contain Garbers, was a strength against Cal. They averaged over 6 ypc prior to that game.

Still though...nothing about the game bodes well for UW. I expect whatever transfer QB they're trotting out to single handedly win the game if that's what it takes.
    Yeah I was going to say we almost cut their ypc in half on Saturday and then is Chance Nolan really going to carve up our secondary? They aren't as talented as Cal at skill positions even.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

Yeah I was going to say we almost cut their ypc in half on Saturday and then is Chance Nolan really going to carve up our secondary? They aren't as talented as Cal at skill positions even.
    *We tried our hardest to lose to them last year with Gebbia lobbing wounded ducks. I'm assuming they've found someone a little better than him.

I don't know for sure that Cal has better skill position talent than OSU outside of QB, but I know Montana didnt.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,795
    It’s almost as if the wrong team is favored here.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

Oregon states running backs and wrs are >>>>>cals.
    Rb? Not so sure. Even if their wrs are better (they aren't) they have Chance Nolan who looked like shit last year, not Garbers, throwing to them.

Probably similar but again chance nolan has to beat our secondary.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

Rb? Not so sure. Even if their wrs are better (they aren't) they have Chance Nolan who looked like shit last year, not Garbers, throwing to them.

Baylor is a stud
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 762
    That line swung hard. OSU now at -2.5.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

Garbers is better at qb. All other positions I give to the boov. Cal was really bad with playmakers. Like maybe the worst in the conference sans Arizona.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,572 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

Garbers is better at qb. All other positions I give to the boov. Cal was really bad with playmakers. Like maybe the worst in the conference sans Arizona.
    I was impressed with Cal's running back. He had Cooper McDonald fill a hole perfectly, made him miss in the hole, and actually pull out a nice gain on one play. He wasn't all-world, but I'd take him on the squad.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    no_uh said:

That line swung hard. OSU now at -2.5.

I could see it go to -3.5 prior to kickoff