Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The script says we beat Arkansas State by 2-3 TDs

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

My worst fear is that Jimmy goes 6-6 or 7-5 and brags about it because everyone counted us out. We hang 42 on WSU in our best game of the season. He says some positive stuff about getting back to winning PAC 12 titles and competing for Natty’s. Doogs and quite possibly myself (I can’t help it) are optimistic.

Huard and/or a couple other key players get hurt and we go 7-5 again the next year. Jimmy touts our close losses and the next year will be the year. Jimmy improves to 8-4 but we are still nowhere close to winning the PAC 12.

The script?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You don’t lose to Montana and get skull fucked by Michigan on national TV and love to see the other side
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,824
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

Arky State is going to show up thinking they can win this game. If the UW players try to shuffle through this one, you have to make some personnel changes.

A loss to Arky st should get a coordinator fired. Anything other than a complete turnaround should mean major adjustments to the two deep.

In fact those adjustments should have already been made

Just a coordinator? And only if we lose to Arkansas St?
    Firing your OC mid-season is a pretty big deal.

And there’s no way Lake gets fired this year unless he goes 0-12
    He's on pace
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,996
    Tequilla said:

You don’t lose to Montana and get skull fucked by Michigan on national TV and love to see the other side

Yeah but this is Washington.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

mrdoog said:

Can Arky St really bear UW.

Yeah they really can.

They put up nearly 700 yards of offense against Memphis on Saturday and, while they gave up the same amount, does anyone here think John Don will take advantage?
    I think the UW offense will have a decent day, as in 30 points and 450 yards. Our defense should be good enough to contain Arkie State. So I'll say UW wins 30-20.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

I have no faith in this team scoring on anyone

Does anyone have any faith in this team at all?
    "We all we got, we all we need."

- Some guy in the locker room, without question
  • Options
    Founders Club

My worst fear is that Jimmy goes 6-6 or 7-5 and brags about it because everyone counted us out. We hang 42 on WSU in our best game of the season. He says some positive stuff about getting back to winning PAC 12 titles and competing for Natty’s. Doogs and quite possibly myself (I can’t help it) are optimistic.

Huard and/or a couple other key players get hurt and we go 7-5 again the next year. Jimmy touts our close losses and the next year will be the year. Jimmy improves to 8-4 but we are still nowhere close to winning the PAC 12.

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,142
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I used to know the script by heart. I'm shaken.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,073
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2021

Swaye said:

I gotta tell you 7-5 would be a miracle at this point. This team looks terrible.
    I think 5-7 wins is very possible, but maybe not. I was thinking about problems outside of the offense and Donovan. We know that needs to change and should have never happened.

The culture and organization sucks. So many hiring mistakes, the recruiting mishaps, and personnel mistakes. They lose to Arkansas State and many players will pack up and quit. I think we already have quite a few that don’t work very hard to develop. We have some more that are pussies. I blame the coaches, but I also hate some of the kids. I might make a Tequilla length post about it later.
    I'd actually be interested to hear what you think ails the program, top to bottom. There are clearly a bunch of issues.

I really do struggle to find 7 wins on the schedule. Arky and Arizona "should" be two. Beyond that what? Cal will drill us. Oregon will plunger us. Might eek one out against Babushka. Chip is going to absolutely throttle us. We might beat Colorado and will probably beat WSU because they have PTSD against us. The Bitchfork Fighting STDs are playing pretty well and probably beat us. Stanford sucks but it's still a coin flip the way we look. I'm not seeing any easy path to 7 wins.
  • Options
    GhostofMosster47GhostofMosster47 Member Posts: 68
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    You guys couldn't score two or three TDs on air.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Insert Nevada at home and historically bad Arizona and a National tv lifeless loss to Ohio state and you have 2003 to a tee. Spoiler alert. The coach came back after that disaster. We have learned nothing.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I gotta tell you 7-5 would be a miracle at this point. This team looks terrible.
    I think 5-7 wins is very possible, but maybe not. I was thinking about problems outside of the offense and Donovan. We know that needs to change and should have never happened.

The culture and organization sucks. So many hiring mistakes, the recruiting mishaps, and personnel mistakes. They lose to Arkansas State and many players will pack up and quit. I think we already have quite a few that don’t work very hard to develop. We have some more that are pussies. I blame the coaches, but I also hate some of the kids. I might make a Tequilla length post about it later.

Now you made @RoadDawg55 mad.

• Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    Its supposed to rain a lot this weekend, which may limit the passing game. Will be interesting to see who can run the ball better.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club
    dOgmaster said:

Its supposed to rain a lot this weekend, which may limit the passing game. Will be interesting to see who can run the ball better.

Arky State
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,639
    dOgmaster said:

Arky State doesn’t run the ball
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,639
    I’m saying UW 31 Arky St 27 in a nail biter in the rain at Husky Stadium in front of 50k or so miserable fans.