Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The script says we beat Arkansas State by 2-3 TDs

124»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

My worst fear is that Jimmy goes 6-6 or 7-5 and brags about it because everyone counted us out. We hang 42 on WSU in our best game of the season. He says some positive stuff about getting back to winning PAC 12 titles and competing for Natty’s. Doogs and quite possibly myself (I can’t help it) are optimistic.

Huard and/or a couple other key players get hurt and we go 7-5 again the next year. Jimmy touts our close losses and the next year will be the year. Jimmy improves to 8-4 but we are still nowhere close to winning the PAC 12.

I used to think that. I don't think they'll get to 6-6 unless they fire Dono now. Even 6-6 will appease a lot of these dumb Doogs.
    I’m thinking it gets ugly too. I am worried they catch a spark when Donovan gets fired and Huard starts at QB.
    Literally have to win every reasonable game to get to 6-6
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,110
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    thechatch said:

I’m saying UW 31 Arky St 27 in a nail biter in the rain at Husky Stadium in front of 50k or so miserable fans.

As long as they're miserable
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,110
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bojo1324 said:

Hey guys, know I'm probably asking for it, but Arkansas State fan.

Interested to see what we look like, because we have 50+ new faces on the roster from a year ago, and we really don't know what this team is like through two games. Played an ranked, in-state FCS and won fairly handily, and then had a hail mary knocked down against Memphis that would have won the game.

We can throw the ball it looks like, but that's what you guys defend the best. We didn't run well against Memphis, but was that their D or our O? A lot of transfers on the roster, and a lot of guys getting their first extended time. Our best position groups are probably our WRs and our DEs.

At DE we got two transfers, one from North Texas, the other from Tennessee, that have had solid starts to the season. WR we have three guys in the top 23 in the country in receiving yardage. QBs have thrown 10 TDs and no picks through 2 games, but we're not actually sure who will start. Layne Hatcher (former walk on at Alabama) has been here for 3 years and has good numbers, but we also have James Blackman (former starter at Florida State) who has thrown for over 5000 yards in his college career.

I'd love to be able to watch but pretty sure Pac-12 network isn't on any of the carriers in Arkansas right now.

@DerekJohnson have a scouting report?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Bojo1324 said:

Interested to see what we look like, because we have 50+ new faces on the roster from a year ago, and we really don't know what this team is like through two games. Played an ranked, in-state FCS and won fairly handily, and then had a hail mary knocked down against Memphis that would have won the game.

We can throw the ball it looks like, but that's what you guys defend the best. We didn't run well against Memphis, but was that their D or our O? A lot of transfers on the roster, and a lot of guys getting their first extended time. Our best position groups are probably our WRs and our DEs.

At DE we got two transfers, one from North Texas, the other from Tennessee, that have had solid starts to the season. WR we have three guys in the top 23 in the country in receiving yardage. QBs have thrown 10 TDs and no picks through 2 games, but we're not actually sure who will start. Layne Hatcher (former walk on at Alabama) has been here for 3 years and has good numbers, but we also have James Blackman (former starter at Florida State) who has thrown for over 5000 yards in his college career.

I'd love to be able to watch but pretty sure Pac-12 network isn't on any of the carriers in Arkansas right now.

Don’t worry, the Pac 12 Network isn’t in 80% of California either.
  • Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 280
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Bojo1324 said:

@DerekJohnson have a scouting report?
    Kivon Bennett has found a new home with a familiar face as the former Tennessee Vol recently announced his decision to transfer to Butch Jones’ Arkansas State program.
    Bennett was one of Tennessee’s best pass rushers in recent seasons but was dismissed from the program back in December following an arrest on gun and drug charges. Bennett is the son of former Alabama and NFL linebacker, Cornelius Bennett.