Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Paging Pete fix this mess

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,108 Founders Club
    chuck said:

I like Petersen a lot. I wanted him at UW forever. They just waited too long to get him and what we got was good, but not good enough. I totally agree that you don't go back unless 8-10 win seasons are your goal.

Pete should have gotten his here in 2009 and burned out in 2017.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    I’m not convinced Lake isn’t the reason Pete burned out. It was an odd situation Lake was promoted and Coach K took a demotion.
  • coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,218
    Tequilla said:

Pete is a bandaid and everybody would know it … it’s a terrible idea

I’d like to introduce Bob Gregory as the new UW Football Head Coach… we know he’ll do great and the team will be competing for championships in no time. This search was exhaustive and extensive btw…
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club

I’m not convinced Lake isn’t the reason Pete burned out. It was an odd situation Lake was promoted and Coach K took a demotion.

Petersen ran the program. Period

Jimmy belongs to him. Petersen's word is why Jimmy got a honeymoon
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

He could have just let him go coach Colorado then.

He was the head coach. And he brought in Bush, the burnout receivers coach, and he brought in Huff that appears to be bad at this point.

He created this staff. And Jon Don's shit is just a minor deviation from Pete's 10 point juggernaut scheme.

The only question is if he recommended Jimmy or if Jenn just needed *someone* on the staff to take over so she wouldn't have to search for a new one.

I would take Pete. Recycling would be kind of a UW thing, but we have maybe a 5% chance of hiring a better coach. Pete needs to be the CEO of the program and stay the fuck outta the offense tho. I’m not sure he would be able to do that because he’s a control freak.

Jettison the whole staff if needed. Hope that Wilcox gets fired and he’s available to be DC. In the likely case that isn’t possible, get top notch coordinators, a couple recruiters, and get to work.

I'm in the camp that Wilcox's problem is more Cal than him. Maybe it's only because I watch him against the top schools though.

He has beaten SC, UW twice, Oregon almost twice, and Stanford. He does have a cuoglet problem though.

But he probably hates UW for passing him over back in 2013.
    haie said:

I would take Pete. Recycling would be kind of a UW thing, but we have maybe a 5% chance of hiring a better coach. Pete needs to be the CEO of the program and stay the fuck outta the offense tho. I’m not sure he would be able to do that because he’s a control freak.

Jettison the whole staff if needed. Hope that Wilcox gets fired and he’s available to be DC. In the likely case that isn’t possible, get top notch coordinators, a couple recruiters, and get to work.

I'm in the camp that Wilcox's problem is more Cal than him. Maybe it's only because I watch him against the top schools though.

He has beaten SC, UW twice, Oregon almost twice, and Stanford. He does have a cuoglet problem though.

Pete as a CEO could hire Wilcox as his defensive coordinator and Head Coach in waiting.

haie said:

Pete as a CEO could hire Wilcox as his defensive coordinator and Head Coach in waiting.
    I will never, ever, want Pete back nor think that he was great for UW and not the other way around. Pete coaching tree hires fail for a reason. Conservative, no balls football isn't elite.

All other candidates for his services in 2013 weren't going to give him the same control, and look what that got us.

A fucking overpaid staff that he bailed on so he go could on Fox sports and dick around.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,606 Founders Club
    I'd take Pete back unless there's something better. He's the only coach that's won for the last 20 years. You know what you have.
    haie said:

haie said:

I will never, ever, want Pete back nor think that he was great for UW and not the other way around. Pete coaching tree hires fail for a reason. Conservative, no balls football isn't elite.

All other candidates for his services in 2013 weren't going to give him the same control, and look what that got us.

A fucking overpaid staff that he bailed on so he go could on Fox sports and dick around.
    Good thing you have shit to do with program

haie said:

haie said:

The Saban guys are mostly unsuccessful head coaches. Same with Meyer, same with Carroll. It’s not a valid reason to judge a coach.

8-5 is. The shitty offenses are another reason. Pete’s a top 10 coach tho. We aren’t hiring someone better. If he came in motivated to spend 5-6 years as head coach and turn this thing around, we would be much better off. I would take him over whoever we are going to hire.
    And most likely a top 3 CEO which is what UW needs from him. He obviously is upset at how things are falling to shit. Get the right assistants in place. Let friendships and loyalties go… bye Lake go run that shit defense at Bama and see how long you last in the SEC

haie said:

haie said:

The Saban guys are mostly unsuccessful head coaches. Same with Meyer, same with Carroll. It’s not a valid reason to judge a coach.

8-5 is. The shitty offenses are another reason. Pete’s a top 10 coach tho. We aren’t hiring someone better. If he came in motivated to spend 5-6 years as head coach and turn this thing around, we would be much better off. I would take him over whoever we are going to hire.
    And most likely a top 3 CEO which is what UW needs from him. He obviously is upset at how things are falling to shit. Get the right assistants in place. Let friendships and loyalties go… bye Lake go run that shit defense at Bama and see how long you last in the SEC
    How do you know he's upset? He fucking bailed on UW in the first place.

Admitted he wasn't fired up to bring home the first 🌹in twenty fucking years.

He wants to come out and say "I'm recharged, ready to recruit for Washington and right the ship and shut the 'lunatic fringe' the fuck up" and starts winning big bowls? Great. I'd be first in line to blow.

But he was an 8 win coach in the mountain west when we hired him. Honestly poaching whittingham or smith is a more intelligent move. They're probably tired of coaching in povertyville.
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

He wants to come out and say "I'm recharged, ready to recruit for Washington and right the ship and shut the 'lunatic fringe' the fuck up" and starts winning big bowls? Great. I'd be first in line to blow.

But he was an 8 win coach in the mountain west when we hired him. Honestly poaching whittingham or smith is a more intelligent move. They're probably tired of coaching in povertyville.
    I listen and pay attention instead of trolling a message boarding thinking I’m someone.
    edited October 2021

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

I listen and pay attention instead of trolling a message boarding thinking I’m someone.
    Okay.

I don't think Pete was a good coach. I watched all 6 of his years. Imagine choking running Peters (top UW corner in history) off and going 8 and fucking 6. That shit matters to me. We stopped Oregon and Stanford and then melted. 8 win coaching.

I'm just a humble alum who has spent tens of thousands of dollars on the football team, like a lot of people here. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Petersen ran the program. Period

Jimmy belongs to him. Petersen's word is why Jimmy got a honeymoon
    Head coaches suck at hiring head coaches off of their staff more often than not.
    edited October 2021
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Okay.

I don't think Pete was a good coach. I watched all 6 of his years. Imagine choking running Peters (top UW corner in history) off and going 8 and fucking 6. That shit matters to me. We stopped Oregon and Stanford and then melted. 8 win coaching.

I'm just a humble alum who has spent tens of thousands of dollars on the football team, like a lot of people here. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
    Which would suggest you are worthless as evaluation of coaching talent and go against most of the experts . And anytime you want to come over to twitter discussions and crawl out of your moms basement and be a man and discuss things without being a troll I’ll be waiting