Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Paging Pete fix this mess

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited September 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
If Jen had any brains she’s on the phone Monday morning giving Pete an offer he can’t refuse
If not this program is headed to Gilby Willingham depths.
With the portal culture UW will loose talent immediately

Ralph Nichols 1895–1896, 1898 Washington
Barry Alvarez 1990–2005, 2012, 2014 Wisconsin
Gary Anderson 2009–2012, 2019–2020 Utah State
Chris Ault 1976–1992, 1994–1995, 2004–2012 Nevada
Mack Brown 1988–1997, 2019–present North Carolina
Randy Edsall 1999–2010, 2017–present Uconn
Bobby Hauck 2003–2009, 2018–present MONTANA
Brady Hoke 2009–2010, 2020–future San Diego State
Johnny Majors 1973–1976, 1993–1996 Pittsburgh
Bo Pelini 2003, 2008–2014 Nebraska

Comments

• Options

If Jen had any brains she’s on the phone Monday morning giving Pete an offer he can’t refuse

Yep.

If CP ain't using this sabbatical and bullshit TV job to plan his return a la Urban Meyer or Mac Brown, then he's missed his opportunity of a lifetime

Come back tanned, relaxed, ready to rumble.

Shit-can the staff except for Malloe.

Find a cocky-ass OC to implement what we're seeing from the OC's at Bama and Ole Miss and Fat Grizzly Adams at UO.

Stay the fuck out the OC's way and spend that time and energy managing coaches and holding them accountable.

Recruit like your chances for winning a NC depend on it because it does.

If CP is back in charge by December, we can save this sinking ship before our murderer's row 2022 schedule kicks off with Kent State and Portland State.
  • Options

If Jen had any brains

Brains?

A cockroach's instinct for self-preservation would be enough to make this call
  • Options
    edited September 2021

If Pete comes back it will be for a much better job...

It's so obvious Jimmy isn't the guy but there's no way Jen gets rid of him even with a winless season... We're fucked for years to come now.

Would you trust your 4-5 star althlete sitting on the bench for this shit storm? Would you trust Pete to come in and clean house and save it? I think most would trust the second option. This has the potential to destroy the program forever, if she doesn’t handle it correctly. I do believe Coach cares about Washington snd these kids he recruited.
    Maybe his internal beef was with Lake. Maybe Lake was pushing shit, like DC etc.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,684
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2021

It's so obvious Jimmy isn't the guy but there's no way Jen gets rid of him even with a winless season... We're fucked for years to come now.

If Pete came back to UW the entire fanbase would worship him. He would be playing with house money and get to do whatever he wanted. Coming back to UW would be perfect for a guy who seems to not really want to play in the mud that is big boy college recruiting, etc. The only easier option for him would be Boise.
  • Options

If Pete came back to UW the entire fanbase would worship him. He would be playing with house money and get to do whatever he wanted. Coming back to UW would be perfect for a guy who seems to not really want to play in the mud that is big boy college recruiting, etc. The only easier option for him would be Boise.
    Exactly this, which has been proven time and time again. Even Bobby Hauck is a living legend in Missoula right now. If he gets them a championship, they may change the name of the stadium
  • Options
    ScoreboardBabyScoreboardBaby Member Posts: 36
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Would you trust your 4-5 star althlete sitting on the bench for this shit storm? Would you trust Pete to come in and clean house and save it? I think most would trust the second option. This has the potential to destroy the program forever, if she doesn’t handle it correctly. I do believe Coach cares about Washington snd these kids he recruited.
    Maybe his internal beef was with Lake. Maybe Lake was pushing shit, like DC etc.
    I can't see Pete coming back and dealing with the NLI shit... An 18 year old QB coming in with a million dollar endorsement deal seems like something Pete would hate and I think that's part of the reason he left... He saw what was coming and got out before it started.
  • Options
    ScoreboardBabyScoreboardBaby Member Posts: 36
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Pete hates to lose - he left Boise after one average 8 win season and left Washington as soon as we slid to an 8 win season. I can see him being tempted to return if it's a job where he can win national championship but that's it. Maybe he'll reconsider USC...
  • Options

I can't see Pete coming back and dealing with the NLI shit... An 18 year old QB coming in with a million dollar endorsement deal seems like something Pete would hate and I think that's part of the reason he left... He saw what was coming and got out before it started.
    You never know until you know. He’s a competitor it’s in his blood. Maybe upper campus steps up? Right now you are looking at an empty stadium, NOGAF about Washington football, loss of revenue.
    We don’t know the dynamics of his relationship with Jimmy Lake. Maybe something nefarious was there and he felt pressure to promote him from Jen. I always thought it was odd that he demoted Kwiatkowski and then when Lake became head coach Kwiatkowski left to be with one of the worst head coaches out there.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Pete’s not the answer.

Pea Patch. Stat.

Hell if you want you can name it the Pete Patch.

I disagree after 20 years of this shit, he was the lone bright spot. With adequate support from upper campus he can get it back on track.
    Unless you are getting Kyle Whittingham anytime soon.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Pete’s not the answer.

Pea Patch. Stat.

Hell if you want you can name it the Pete Patch.

I disagree after 20 years of this shit, he was the lone bright spot. With adequate support from upper campus he can get it back on track.
    Unless you are getting Kyle Whittingham anytime soon.
    Sure, I'd love to have Pete back. But there's no chance in hell he has any desire to jump back into the meat grinder. Especially now that he's had a taste of the good life.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Pete would only fix part of the problem.
    At no point did Pete ever accept that his outdated offense was outdated, so at best UW becomes respectable again.

Pete has (had?) the ability to be a great figurehead for a program, making key decisions, closing recruits (no matter how much he hated it) - but he always needed talented coordinators who he respected enough to give not just responsibility but authority over their areas. He couldn't do that on offense and we saw the result.

TL;dr - Petersen had his chance and hasn't learned anything.
  • Options
    I’m not convinced Lake and Jen didn’t push him out. Like that little annoying kid in the back seat … are we there yet