Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Paging Pete fix this mess

Comments

• Options
    BlueduckBlueduck Member Posts: 1,136
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2021

If Pete comes back it will be for a much better job...

It's so obvious Jimmy isn't the guy but there's no way Jen gets rid of him even with a winless season... We're fucked for years to come now.

If Pete came back to UW the entire fanbase would worship him. He would be playing with house money and get to do whatever he wanted. Coming back to UW would be perfect for a guy who seems to not really want to play in the mud that is big boy college recruiting, etc. The only easier option for him would be Boise.
    Pete hates to lose - he left Boise after one average 8 win season and left Washington as soon as we slid to an 8 win season. I can see him being tempted to return if it's a job where he can win national championship but that's it. Maybe he'll reconsider USC...
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This,
    CP has shown his MO 2wice..
    He gone.
    Something inside UW soured his drive
    He won't move backwards
    His eyes are on an SEC or B1G job if he goes back on the sideline.
    USC maybe if they come calling.
    Natty or bust!
  • Options
    MobeyB4AssholesMobeyB4Assholes Member Posts: 878
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If Pete comes back it will be for a much better job...

It's so obvious Jimmy isn't the guy but there's no way Jen gets rid of him even with a winless season... We're fucked for years to come now.

I'm afraid you're right.

Sure we all care about winning but I don't think upper campus gives a shit.

It will take $$ drying up and that will take some time.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fuck Pete and fuck going back

Burn the boats

If by burn the boats you mean that we have to win with the current staff... then like we say... no
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,086
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Pete’s not the answer.

Pea Patch. Stat.

Hell if you want you can name it the Pete Patch.

I disagree after 20 years of this shit, he was the lone bright spot. With adequate support from upper campus he can get it back on track.
    Unless you are getting Kyle Whittingham anytime soon.
    Sure, I'd love to have Pete back. But there's no chance in hell he has any desire to jump back into the meat grinder. Especially now that he's had a taste of the good life.
    This. I take Pete at his word that he was done competitively. Why would I hire a guy who lost the desire? Pete isn't Urbs. This isn't a heart condition gambit. Pete really lost the fire. A guy like that can't just flip the switch back on. A 100% Pete isn't walking through that door. I will grant a 50% Pete is better than Lake, but it's all shit at this point. It's over.
    Somewhat of a catch 22 since if Pete walked back through that door I'd infer that he got his fire back. But yeah, it's not fucking happening.
    I'd think they backed the Brinks truck up and he still didn't have the fire for this, but took the money anyway.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2021
    I only wanted mediocre, not this shitshow. Jimmy ain’t lasting past this year at this point.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Everyone is clearly missing the point.
    IF you can get Pete to plug this gigantic hole you do it. Portal transfers and mass exodus of talent are going to happen. It’s already happening with instate recruiting. Make Pete a god damn offer he can’t refuse… fuck make him AD
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Burn the boats

If by burn the boats you mean that we have to win with the current staff... then like we say... no
    No it means we’re going back to war with the UW after a brief respite.

The war has always been raging, it just moved underground for a few years. The guerrilla tactics of failure are now openly flaunted by the AD.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,238
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

Burn the boats

The war has always been raging, it just moved underground for a few years. The guerrilla tactics of failure are now openly flaunted by the AD.
    Just wait till Yella starts writing letters. I’m ALL IN on this war.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

IF you can get Pete to plug this gigantic hole you do it. Portal transfers and mass exodus of talent are going to happen. It’s already happening with instate recruiting. Make Pete a god damn offer he can’t refuse… fuck make him AD

He's part of the problem and not the answer if you want to compete on the national stage.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,018
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2021

If Jen had any brains she’s on the phone Monday morning giving Pete an offer he can’t refuse

If Jen wants to give Pete an offer he can't refuse that would include Jen stepping down and hiring a more competent AD.

Rumor I heard is that Pete was not in favor of Jen as the AD and wanted his buddy from BSU hired into the role.

• Options
    lvdlvd Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This is the NLI era, an extension of the behind the scenes activity that has been happening in prior years to NLI. Even Don James couldn't compete in today's environment for the best recruits. Oregon is going to continue to take the best recruits regardless whether they win or lose. And Washington will continue to lose recruits until an Amazon or Microsoft steps up. Will a good coach come to UW knowing that Oregon has the NLI advantage for the foreseeable future? Doubtful. And the transfer portal adds an layer of instability and stress on a coaching staffs that doesn't have the NLI advantage. College teenager free agency is here. Enjoy. On a side note, Jimmy Lake has the team on a steep downward trajectory with decent recruits. The AD will have a decision to make very soon.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    RoadTrip said:

He's part of the problem and not the answer if you want to compete on the national stage.
    Last time I checked UW went from schedule gifted 7-6 Sark to Playoffs with 2-3 star talent under Pete.
    Who’s to say Lake didn’t get under his skin and Pete just said fuck it?
    Hire him as AD and let him take over the season. Save the talent save the recruiting classes. There’s too much talent in Washington to throw away on Lakes mess. Let Pete do a search for an adequate replacement on his own terms
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,485
    Founders Club

Burn the boats

burn your boats
    [British] or burn your bridges
    to do something which forces you to continue with a particular course of action, and makes it impossible for you to return to an earlier situation

I see now that Race meant burn the Petersen boat
    When Cortez the Killer reached the new world he burned his ships.
    Which is what I was saying
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Pete’s not the answer.

Pea Patch. Stat.

Hell if you want you can name it the Pete Patch.

I disagree after 20 years of this shit, he was the lone bright spot. With adequate support from upper campus he can get it back on track.
    Unless you are getting Kyle Whittingham anytime soon.
    He’s not the same guy anymore.

He’s done.
    Damaged good*