Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Another name for discussion

124»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Day has had enough success that he might turn out okay. One loss isn’t enough to completely write him off. That said, I remember looking him up and he had a pretty bad track record of success before being at Ohio State. He was kind of like an assistant coach version of Sark that always failed up somehow.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Day has had enough success that he might turn out okay. One loss isn’t enough to completely write him off. That said, I remember looking him up and he had a pretty bad track record of success before being at Ohio State. He was kind of like an assistant coach version of Sark that always failed up somehow.
    He is 23-1 in the regular season and championship games. Maybe the wheels come off but damn.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He is 23-1 in the regular season and championship games. Maybe the wheels come off but damn.
    The loss to Clemson was all on him

But he did beat them last year

I was kidding about the timing of a hit piece on Urban. Like the Seattle Times 10 years after

Other than losing to Oregon at home he hasn't done anything to deserve firing

Yet
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

dnc said:

HFNY said:

Head Coach Kellen Moore 3 mil
    Moore's extension with the Cowboys. $2M per year is obviously on the higher side for coordinators in the NFL and it is a third of McCarthy's reported salary.

DC Jeff Choate 750k
    2 years -- $500,000 (2021), $575,000 (2022)

Co-DC defense Line Tosh Lupoi

Moore has never been an HC and that is what Lake's problem has been. He is getting paid big bucks to learn on the job and the Huskies need a HC who has learned somewhere else first.

Moore has been a coordinator at the NFL under two head coaches as opposed to Lake who was sort of a coordinator at the college level for two years under one coach.

Moore is far more qualified than Lake ever was.

I'm not on the hire Moore bandwagon but the new hire doesn't have to have HC experience. He does need to have a resume much better than Jimmy's.
    Ah, I see what you're saying. Yes I would have Moore on the list but not in the top 3. Of course if Fickell goes to USC, Deboer would move up to 1st and Choate would be 2nd. Moore or one of the smaller school guys would be 3rd.
    Have to think bigger

Those are good Plan B or plan C candidates
    Let’s assume uw eats existing coaches contracts. What makes you think they are going to pay for a think bigger type of candidate. They haven’t made a hire like that since neuheisel. I think at the time he was in the top 2 or 3 paid when they signed him.

Uw doesn’t spend like that. They lucked out with Pete as. He certainly could have got more money a number of other places.
    So you fire Jimmy, eat a shit ton of money, and then you go hire on the cheap hoping you can work a miracle by getting it right?

Fucking stupid ass strategy
    Ding ding. Where is all this new found money coming from? That’s the question. If they can suddenly pay a coach 7 million that’s great. What makes you think they could or would. We have not been that program for decades now.
    We’ve got bargain basement with this staff because Jimmy wanted yes people

Here’s a good strategy for the AD

Run a fund raising strategy centered around Beat Oregon Nothing Else Matters

Some will laugh about it but the reality is that until we understand that the program down South spends their energy trying to beat us and until we’re prepared to do something about it … we’ll be their bitch

Go market and fundraise that
    I'm in for anything BONEM
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2021
    The big takeaway from this thread isn't every single coach we have suggested, but rather that a bunch of knuckleheads like us have almost assuredly demonstrated a more thorough and detailed analysis of potential replacements than our own AD has on file right now. This program, top to bottom, needs a napalm cleansing.

edit: When Jen reads this it will probably be the first tim she even considered having a list of qualified targets at all tims. Hi Jen! Show me your floppies!
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Fuck, I like deboers resume. And he's 17-2 in playoff games. Chode makes me nervous but I'd take him over Jimmy. With LSU USC possibly ucla, we're not going to get a top name like Campbell or fickell.

Shit, under the circumstances I'd take herman in guess.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    DeBoer didn't do well yesterday though :(
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

DeBoer didn't do well yesterday though :(

Neither did haener. But atill