Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Another name for discussion

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HFNY said:

dnc said:

HFNY said:

Head Coach Kellen Moore 3 mil
    Moore's extension with the Cowboys. $2M per year is obviously on the higher side for coordinators in the NFL and it is a third of McCarthy's reported salary.

DC Jeff Choate 750k
    2 years -- $500,000 (2021), $575,000 (2022)

Co-DC defense Line Tosh Lupoi

Moore has never been an HC and that is what Lake's problem has been. He is getting paid big bucks to learn on the job and the Huskies need a HC who has learned somewhere else first.

Moore has been a coordinator at the NFL under two head coaches as opposed to Lake who was sort of a coordinator at the college level for two years under one coach.

Moore is far more qualified than Lake ever was.

I'm not on the hire Moore bandwagon but the new hire doesn't have to have HC experience. He does need to have a resume much better than Jimmy's.
    Ah, I see what you're saying. Yes I would have Moore on the list but not in the top 3. Of course if Fickell goes to USC, Deboer would move up to 1st and Choate would be 2nd. Moore or one of the smaller school guys would be 3rd.
    Have to think bigger

Those are good Plan B or plan C candidates
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

dnc said:

HFNY said:

Moore's extension with the Cowboys. $2M per year is obviously on the higher side for coordinators in the NFL and it is a third of McCarthy's reported salary.

DC Jeff Choate 750k

Moore has never been an HC and that is what Lake's problem has been. He is getting paid big bucks to learn on the job and the Huskies need a HC who has learned somewhere else first.

Moore has been a coordinator at the NFL under two head coaches as opposed to Lake who was sort of a coordinator at the college level for two years under one coach.

I'm not on the hire Moore bandwagon but the new hire doesn't have to have HC experience. He does need to have a resume much better than Jimmy's.
    Ah, I see what you're saying. Yes I would have Moore on the list but not in the top 3. Of course if Fickell goes to USC, Deboer would move up to 1st and Choate would be 2nd. Moore or one of the smaller school guys would be 3rd.
    Have to think bigger

Let’s assume uw eats existing coaches contracts. What makes you think they are going to pay for a think bigger type of candidate. They haven’t made a hire like that since neuheisel. I think at the time he was in the top 2 or 3 paid when they signed him.

Uw doesn’t spend like that. They lucked out with Pete as. He certainly could have got more money a number of other places.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

dnc said:

HFNY said:

DC Jeff Choate 750k

Have to think bigger

Let’s assume uw eats existing coaches contracts. What makes you think they are going to pay for a think bigger type of candidate. They haven’t made a hire like that since neuheisel. I think at the time he was in the top 2 or 3 paid when they signed him.

Uw doesn’t spend like that. They lucked out with Pete as. He certainly could have got more money a number of other places.
    So you fire Jimmy, eat a shit ton of money, and then you go hire on the cheap hoping you can work a miracle by getting it right?

Fucking stupid ass strategy
    Ding ding. Where is all this new found money coming from? That’s the question. If they can suddenly pay a coach 7 million that’s great. What makes you think they could or would. We have not been that program for decades now.
  • Options
    hardhat said:

The money is there. Not necessarily from one donor, but there are enough UW alumni that can do this. It's on the Athletic Department to get that all organized. And obviously they can't.

I think they can still spend toward the upper teams in the conference. But the big ten and sec have left the conference in the dust with coaches comp. interested to see how it plays out. Our fanbase is not nearly as interested as it used to be. I’m all for it. Just hasn’t been that way for decades.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,986
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just waiting for the UW AD to tell us fans that we need to be Oregon again.
  • Options

hardhat said:

The money is there. Not necessarily from one donor, but there are enough UW alumni that can do this. It's on the Athletic Department to get that all organized. And obviously they can't.

I think they can still spend toward the upper teams in the conference. But the big ten and sec have left the conference in the dust with coaches comp. interested to see how it plays out. Our fanbase is not nearly as interested as it used to be. I’m all for it. Just hasn’t been that way for decades.
    UW along with Oregon are the top 2 revenue ADs in the conference (all depends on how much in a given year Uncle Phil pushes in)

There’s no reason that the Athletic Department can’t spend $$$

That said, there’s a lot of buyouts needed because of Jen’s shitty stewardship of the program …

I’m not sure how many are that interested in giving her $$$ to burn
  • Options

I wonder if Kliavkoff is telling his marquee programs to get their shit right. Spend the money, fix your program and he will sell it and get everyone back in the black when the TV contract comes up. Selling USC with Meyer or Petersen, UCLA with Chip, Oregon with Nike and UW with Matt Campbell or Jeramy Chadwell would be easier than presenting Helton and Lake to CBS. I don't know how it all works. Does Kliavkoff have any sway or can he put any pressure on the AD's to get their acts together? Seems that the Lake/Cohen UW connection is making GK's sell job harder.

It’s not a terrible theory and one that he’s probably having roundabout conversations with the Presidents about

Got to spend $$$ to make $$$
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

hardhat said:

UW along with Oregon are the top 2 revenue ADs in the conference (all depends on how much in a given year Uncle Phil pushes in)

That said, there’s a lot of buyouts needed because of Jen’s shitty stewardship of the program …

USC? Their numbers aren’t public but I would guess they’re above both Oregon and UW.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

hardhat said:

USC? Their numbers aren’t public but I would guess they’re above both Oregon and UW.
    They actually aren’t from the things that I’ve read in the last few years

UW/Oregon in the $130M+ range

USC around $120M

UCLA under that
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,829
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

dnc said:

HFNY said:

DC Jeff Choate 750k

Have to think bigger

So you fire Jimmy, eat a shit ton of money, and then you go hire on the cheap hoping you can work a miracle by getting it right?

And as long as Cohen is still there this is exactly what they’ll do.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

dnc said:

HFNY said:

DC Jeff Choate 750k

Have to think bigger

I'm glad you're finally up to speed with Jen Cohen's AD.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I wonder if Kliavkoff is telling his marquee programs to get their shit right. Spend the money, fix your program and he will sell it and get everyone back in the black when the TV contract comes up. Selling USC with Meyer or Petersen, UCLA with Chip, Oregon with Nike and UW with Matt Campbell or Jeramy Chadwell would be easier than presenting Helton and Lake to CBS. I don't know how it all works. Does Kliavkoff have any sway or can he put any pressure on the AD's to get their acts together? Seems that the Lake/Cohen UW connection is making GK's sell job harder.

I doubt there's necessarily a script for these kinds of relationships. If Kliavkoff can sell, then part of that selling is convincing presidents and ADs to spend the money now to see bigger returns in TV deals further down the line. No fucking idea what the odds are of any of them being receptive to it.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,176
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

dnc said:

HFNY said:

DC Jeff Choate 750k

Have to think bigger

And as long as Cohen is still there this is exactly what they’ll do.
    A Q, are there provisions in any of the football coaches buyouts like there is for Hop?

Edit: re reduced buyout numbers if Jen is toast.

Please God just give me this.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I laughed. Hint the guy pictured is the original doog legend.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam