Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Another name for discussion

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    digits said:

1. Matt Campbell
    2. Billy Napier
    3. Luke Fickell
    4. Jeff Monken
    5. Jay Norvell

Matt Campbell is only going to Ohio state or the nfl
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

digits said:

1. Matt Campbell
    2. Billy Napier
    3. Luke Fickell
    4. Jeff Monken
    5. Jay Norvell

Matt Campbell is only going to Ohio state or the nfl
    Cool, this is my wish list. Don't shit in my cheerios, this is all I got right now. TIA.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Norvell is ass. He was terrible everywhere before landing in Reno. He’s been gifted with a high first round QB in his senior season and is winning some games accordingly
  • Options

Norvell is ass. He was terrible everywhere before landing in Reno. He’s been gifted with a high first round QB in his senior season and is winning some games accordingly

I did not know that, TYFYS.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Napier from what I’ve heard is an extreme flake … I’d avoid him big time
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Billy's doing some good things with the Ragin' Cajuns though, has a solid resume learning under some great coaches.
  • Options
    digits said:

Tequilla said:

Billy's doing some good things with the Ragin' Cajuns though, has a solid resume learning under some great coaches.
    I’m not disputing that

What I’m saying is that there’s a reason why he’s still there … could have probably left last year if he interviewed well
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Tequilla said:

digits said:

Tequilla said:

I’m not disputing that

What I’m saying is that there’s a reason why he’s still there … could have probably left last year if he interviewed well
    Gotcha, understood. I'm a big fan of Monken and what he's done at West Point, it's been remarkable. Not sure that style of offense would translate well to P5 football though; he'd need to sling it around more. They took Meechigan to OT in the Big House in 2019, which I guess is saying something.
  • Options

Jeff Hafley is my number one choice. Former Ohio State DC back when Ohio State had a good defense, great play-caller, one of the best recruiters in the country, is doing a great job building the Boston College program. I know a couple of LA high school coaches who rave about him, but all of this is a dream. I can't see Jimmy getting fired after this year.

How about during the year?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Fickell is USC … his former AD is there

I’d avoid Tom Herman … too many red flags based on what I’ve heard

Chadwell and DeBoer are worth monitoring … Chadwell is doing some really strong things with Coastal

Whoever the hire they need to have some offensive chops given how the game is coaching and while not an absolute deal breaker they need to be able have had experience running their own program

Good point about his AD being at USC.

Deboer or (De)Bust?
  • Options

Jeff Hafley is my number one choice. Former Ohio State DC back when Ohio State had a good defense, great play-caller, one of the best recruiters in the country, is doing a great job building the Boston College program. I know a couple of LA high school coaches who rave about him, but all of this is a dream. I can't see Jimmy getting fired after this year.

The BC turnaround is impressive

Agreed that if you’re doing a legit search he’s someone you should talk to and quite possibly could get
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Thanks for mentioning Hafley. He's doing a nice job there and spent 3 seasons in SF too (DB coach from 2016-2018 for the 49'ers before heading to OSU to be the DC for 2019).
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 709
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Whats pat hill up to these days?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,305
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Whats pat hill up to these days?

We'll go with fair and balanced

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

Head Coach Kellen Moore 3 mil
    Moore's extension with the Cowboys. $2M per year is obviously on the higher side for coordinators in the NFL and it is a third of McCarthy's reported salary.

DC Jeff Choate 750k
    2 years -- $500,000 (2021), $575,000 (2022)

Co-DC defense Line Tosh Lupoi

Moore has never been an HC and that is what Lake's problem has been. He is getting paid big bucks to learn on the job and the Huskies need a HC who has learned somewhere else first.

Moore has been a coordinator at the NFL under two head coaches as opposed to Lake who was sort of a coordinator at the college level for two years under one coach.

Moore is far more qualified than Lake ever was.

I'm not on the hire Moore bandwagon but the new hire doesn't have to have HC experience. He does need to have a resume much better than Jimmy's.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

Head Coach Kellen Moore 3 mil
    Moore's extension with the Cowboys. $2M per year is obviously on the higher side for coordinators in the NFL and it is a third of McCarthy's reported salary.

DC Jeff Choate 750k
    2 years -- $500,000 (2021), $575,000 (2022)

Co-DC defense Line Tosh Lupoi

Moore has never been an HC and that is what Lake's problem has been. He is getting paid big bucks to learn on the job and the Huskies need a HC who has learned somewhere else first.

Moore has been a coordinator at the NFL under two head coaches as opposed to Lake who was sort of a coordinator at the college level for two years under one coach.

Moore is far more qualified than Lake ever was.

I'm not on the hire Moore bandwagon but the new hire doesn't have to have HC experience. He does need to have a resume much better than Jimmy's.
    Ah, I see what you're saying. Yes I would have Moore on the list but not in the top 3. Of course if Fickell goes to USC, Deboer would move up to 1st and Choate would be 2nd. Moore or one of the smaller school guys would be 3rd.