Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lol..just 9 short years ago....

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

* warning * thread hijack *

I'd like to strive to be a two sport school. There aren't a shitload, but it's not as hard as the numbers make it out to be if you're a football school since it's easier to build up a basketball program.

Like I said earlier today, if LoRo had some killer recruits coming in, maybe you see what happens. OTOH, he doesn't have the coaching acumen to bring in and develop tough, gritty four year players ala the Gonfaga-mid-major way.

So what do you do? Just wait and hope he lands three or four studs? Or Woody can be proactive and try to do something about it now. Unfortunately guilty white crocheting liberal fags and know-it-all black lesbians with shaved heads would cry racism if he was canned now.

The problem is even if Romar has studs, he gets outcoached by all the good coaches. Almost every time UW plays a good team in non conference, we lose. This has happened even when we have had good teams.

True

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

It's

Is nobody supposed to celebrate anything but a championship? At the time, it was a big deal and a good accomplishment.

I guess almost winning something is worth going nuts over. *sizzle

In the age of rushing the field after beating Stanford, it makes sense.
    A one seed >> rushing the field over wins vs. historic fball also-rans

It was pretty cool and an impressive accomplishment. It would have been way more impressive had they made the Final 4.
    It only would have been impressive if they made it to the final for...or even 8..instead it proved they were over rated. But at least the students got to got nuts for a few minutes and feel good about something, even though it was a mirage
    You can get excited over a #1 seed AND be pissed at the loss to Louisville. Abundance. BTW, they lost to a Louisville team that went 33-5 and made the Final Four. It's not like they lost to a shitty mid major.
    A shitty draw. UW was ranked 7th but a #1 seed and Louisville ranked #4 but a 4 seed.

That game sucked . UW was the real deal that year(as in top 10 not top 5 though) but easily played their worst game that day.

Wished that team had a sophomore Brockman or even a freshman Hawes.

The guard play was unbelievable. Romar owes a lot to Bender and Slick Rick for setting him up so nicely.
    Those guards were beyond anything we'll ever see at UW again. That team earn
    ed a #1 seed (#3 in RPI) with Mike Jensen as its best big man.

Think about that.

Jensen and Rollins were literally the only bigs.

Bobby Jones and Roy(who injured and never 100% that year) played the 4.

Yet UW still led the league in rebounding despite not one guy in the top 10.

Will Conroy still the model point guard. Weird how despite all these high recruits nobody has been able to match Conroy outside Thomas 2011. Leadership, floor general , commanded the game and always hitting big shots.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

It's

Is nobody supposed to celebrate anything but a championship? At the time, it was a big deal and a good accomplishment.

It was pretty cool and an impressive accomplishment. It would have been way more impressive had they made the Final 4.
    It only would have been impressive if they made it to the final for...or even 8..instead it proved they were over rated. But at least the students got to got nuts for a few minutes and feel good about something, even though it was a mirage
    You can get excited over a #1 seed AND be pissed at the loss to Louisville. Abundance. BTW, they lost to a Louisville team that went 33-5 and made the Final Four. It's not like they lost to a shitty mid major.
    A shitty draw. UW was ranked 7th but a #1 seed and Louisville ranked #4 but a 4 seed.

That game sucked . UW was the real deal that year(as in top 10 not top 5 though) but easily played their worst game that day.

The guard play was unbelievable. Romar owes a lot to Bender and Slick Rick for setting him up so nicely.
    I still can't believe Louisville was a 4 seed. Conference USA was a joke during that era but it was still a Rick Pitino coached team, obviously they were legit.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

It's

That's my point. UW was overrated as a number 1 seed. Louisville was ranked higher and favored in the game and had a more impressive season. Yet doogs went bananas because a committee made a mistake. UWs best team ever gets them a fake #1 seed and a butt kicking in the sweet 16. A true number 1 seed doesn't get a shitty draw in the sweet 16. But a non deserving #1 seed does.

#magicalseaon
    #rushthecourt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Id love to see Damones take on Gonzaga's #1 seed last year.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited March 2014

It's

That's my point. UW was overrated as a number 1 seed. Louisville was ranked higher and favored in the game and had a more impressive season. Yet doogs went bananas because a committee made a mistake. UWs best team ever gets them a fake #1 seed and a butt kicking in the sweet 16. A true number 1 seed doesn't get a shitty draw in the sweet 16. But a non deserving #1 seed does.

#magicalseaon
    #rushthecourt
    Damone knows less about college basketball than the Doogman Lemon Party trio.

Embarrassing.

UW earned a #1 seed in 2004-2005. Check the facts:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/nitty-gritty-report/2004-05
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's

#magicalseaon
    #rushthecourt

Embarrassing.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/nitty-gritty-report/2004-05
    Looks magical....

Real number ones make it to at least the final 8. Champions don't shit the bed during championship season.

HTH.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's

#magicalseaon
    #rushthecourt

Embarrassing.

Looks magical....

Real number ones make it to at least the final 8. Champions don't shit the bed during championship season.

HTH.
    All #1 seeds make it to the elite 8. I've never seen Duke get a #1 seed and lose in the Sweet 16. Check the tournament history. Every year a #1 seed loses in the Sweet 16.

I agree withy you that those fans that went crazy at a pep rally are lame. Only doogs would go to a pep rally for the NCAA Seeding party. Sven is right about the rest of your post. You don't know anything about college basketball.. Or the NFL.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wonder if duke ever has had a magical season that ended in the third round of the NCAA.

And since I have to spell it out apparently, the whole point of this thread is mock the lame fans...just like the point of my Seahawk posts are to mock 12s..

But it's to be excepted in seattle.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Here Damone let me show you year by year the #1 seeds that lost in the sweet 16. Were none of these teams true #1's? It happens every year. Most teams have selection parties where fans go crazy over getting a #1 seed. I agree with you about those fans being lame. Stick to making fun of fans that go to pep rallies.

2013- #1 Kansas lost to #4 Syracuse, #1 Kansas lost to #4 Michigan, #1 Gonzaga lost to #9 Wichita State (round of 32). One #1 seed made it past the Sweet 16.

2012- #1 Michigan State lost to #4 Louisville.

2011- #1 Ohio State lost to #4 Kentucky, #1 Duke lost to #5 Arizona, #1 Pittsburgh lost to #9 Butler (round of 32)

2010- #1 Kansas lost to #9 Northern Iowa (32), #1 Syracuse lost to #5 Butler

In 2005 Duke also lost in the Sweet 16 to Michigan State. I skipped a bunch of years to not bore you with facts.

RoadDawg wins the serious discussion portion of this thread.

Now, can we get back to making fun of the Ballas?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I wonder if duke ever has had a magical season that ended in the third round of the NCAA.

And since I have to spell it out apparently, the whole point of this thread is mock the lame fans...just like the point of my Seahawk posts are to mock 12s..

Who the fuck is calling it a magical season here? I'm sure Duke doesn't have pep rallies where people cheer over a #1 seed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who the fuck is calling it a magical season here? I'm sure Duke doesn't have pep rallies where people cheer over a #1 seed.
    For Christ sake. Unwad your panties.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014
    dnc said:

Here Damone let me show you year by year the #1 seeds that lost in the sweet 16. Were none of these teams true #1's? It happens every year. Most teams have selection parties where fans go crazy over getting a #1 seed. I agree with you about those fans being lame. Stick to making fun of fans that go to pep rallies.

2013- #1 Kansas lost to #4 Syracuse, #1 Kansas lost to #4 Michigan, #1 Gonzaga lost to #9 Wichita State (round of 32). One #1 seed made it past the Sweet 16.

2012- #1 Michigan State lost to #4 Louisville.

2011- #1 Ohio State lost to #4 Kentucky, #1 Duke lost to #5 Arizona, #1 Pittsburgh lost to #9 Butler (round of 32)

2010- #1 Kansas lost to #9 Northern Iowa (32), #1 Syracuse lost to #5 Butler

In 2005 Duke also lost in the Sweet 16 to Michigan State. I skipped a bunch of years to not bore you with facts.

RoadDawg wins the serious discussion portion of this thread.

Now, can we get back to making fun of the Ballas?
    Fuck..finally someone who gets it. Jesus H.

It's getting to be like revenge of the nerds around here. I'm sorry I hurt your feeling roaddawg by saying UW was an overrated #1. And that is the greatest achievement in the history of the program.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

No need to. DNC had it right. Let's go back to making fun of the Balla Twins. Pointing out that you don't know a thing about college basketball isn't that fun.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

No need to. DNC had it right. Let's go back to making fun of the Balla Twins. Pointing out that you don't know a thing about college basketball isn't that fun.

Dude..I WAS MAKING FUN OF THE BALLA TWINS AND THAT's WHY I STARTED THIS! then then you decided to get a tight anus over it.

I'm sure if UW could just get the right coach they could make several deep tournament runs...happy now?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dude..I WAS MAKING FUN OF THE BALLA TWINS AND THAT's WHY I STARTED THIS! then then you decided to get a tight anus over it.

I'm sure if UW could just get the right coach they could make several deep tournament runs...happy now?
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

So now you're saying that Woodward needs more time to get his guy in here?