Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lol..just 9 short years ago....

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

dnc said:

Is nobody supposed to celebrate anything but a championship? At the time, it was a big deal and a good accomplishment.

I guess almost winning something is worth going nuts over. *sizzle

In the age of rushing the field after beating Stanford, it makes sense.
    You're right. Winning the Pac 10 championship and earning a #1 seed sucks. Your logic is fucking stupid. So Florida State is the only team to celebrate this year in football because they won the title? In 2000, we shouldn't have celebrated a Rose Bowl win because we didn't win the National Championship?

I'm with you on this, but that team didn't win the Pac10 championship.

Tournament.
    Doogs.gonna.doog
    Dickheads.gonna.dickhead. I'm not the type to go to some pep rally and go nuts because of a #1 seed. I'm sure many of those fans are the ones that think we should keep Romar forever. They probably liked Sark too and had no problem with rushing the field when we beat Stanford in the GameDay championship I just don't have a problem with celebrating wins and accomplishments as they come. You also said some of us were hooking it up when it was obvious all fucking season how good the Seahawks were.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Damone lost all his money in a ponzi scheme or some shit, let the dude be dour.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Is nobody supposed to celebrate anything but a championship? At the time, it was a big deal and a good accomplishment.

You're right. Winning the Pac 10 championship and earning a #1 seed sucks. Your logic is fucking stupid. So Florida State is the only team to celebrate this year in football because they won the title? In 2000, we shouldn't have celebrated a Rose Bowl win because we didn't win the National Championship?

Tournament.
    Doogs.gonna.doog
    Dickheads.gonna.dickhead. I'm not the type to go to some pep rally and go nuts because of a #1 seed. I'm sure many of those fans are the ones that think we should keep Romar forever. They probably liked Sark too and had no problem with rushing the field when we beat Stanford in the GameDay championship I just don't have a problem with celebrating wins and accomplishments as they come. You also said some of us were hooking it up when it was obvious all fucking season how good the Seahawks were.
    You seem offended. Let me guess, you were one of the goofs in the video creaming your pants over the almost accomplishment.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You would piss yourself to have my life..let alone Harvs.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    Founders Club
    DAMONE IS THE KING OF SW WASHINGTON, BEEEOOOOTCH
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Tournament.
    Massive difference IMO.

I didn't have a problem with them celebrating the 1 seed. It wasn't that anyone thought it was an accomplishment, it was just an absolute shock. Nobody but Reece and NelsonDudley thought that team was getting a 1 seed.

I celebrated Sark leaving and Petersen coming. Not because either one was an accomplishment on their own, but because both shocked the hell out of me.

• Options
    Dawgfan406Dawgfan406 Member Posts: 192
    First Anniversary Testing 1 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    No idea how L'ville was a 4 seed that yr... L'ville was favored that game as well
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tournament.
    Massive difference IMO.

I didn't have a problem with them celebrating the 1 seed. It wasn't that anyone thought it was an accomplishment, it was just an absolute shock. Nobody but Reece and NelsonDudley thought that team was getting a 1 seed.

I celebrated Sark leaving and Petersen coming. Not because either one was an accomplishment on their own, but because both shocked the hell out of me.

There is a difference, but in my mind, they basically won the championship. The Pac 10 championship was #1 Arizona (15-3) and #2 UW (14-4). UW won the game and 2 outta 3 against Arizona. If we won the conference tournament after being 10-8 in conference, I would think of it much differently.

The #1 seed was verification of national respect for a very good regular season. The loss to Louisville sucked and we got outplayed and outcoached. The sports programs at UW and Pro Sports teams would suck if everyone was like Damone and only celebrated after a title. I am all for not spending money and supporting shitty teams, not making excuses for shitty coaches, and being honest about a teams performance. Those are the fans that are problems, not the ones that celebrate #1 seeds.
    Sounds like it was a magical season.
  • Options
    Founders Club

not the case. Youd part with your left nut to be a strapping twenty something year old stud

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    Founders Club
    edited March 2014
    * warning * thread hijack *

I'd like to strive to be a two sport school. There aren't a shitload, but it's not as hard as the numbers make it out to be if you're a football school since it's easier to build up a basketball program.

Like I said earlier today, if LoRo had some killer recruits coming in, maybe you see what happens. OTOH, he doesn't have the coaching acumen to bring in and develop tough, gritty four year players ala the Gonfaga-mid-major way.

So what do you do? Just wait and hope he lands three or four studs? Or Woody can be proactive and try to do something about it now. Unfortunately guilty white crocheting liberal fags and know-it-all black lesbians with shaved heads would cry racism if he was canned now.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

not the case. Youd part with your left nut to be a strapping twenty something year old stud

Wouldn't it be harder to get laid though, going up against a strapping twenty something year old stud with both nuts?

I'm new to this board and never PM'd Irish, curious as hell about Damone now. Toilet references seem like obvious whooshes and the above quote. I'm going to say my assumption is true that he's a retired business owner or something similar.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yeah? well, 2 years ago we won a Pac-10 CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So would you.
  • Options
    Founders Club

So would you.
    Whatever
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So would you.
    Whatever
    Burn!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

* warning * thread hijack *

I'd like to strive to be a two sport school. There aren't a shitload, but it's not as hard as the numbers make it out to be if you're a football school since it's easier to build up a basketball program.

Like I said earlier today, if LoRo had some killer recruits coming in, maybe you see what happens. OTOH, he doesn't have the coaching acumen to bring in and develop tough, gritty four year players ala the Gonfaga-mid-major way.

So what do you do? Just wait and hope he lands three or four studs? Or Woody can be proactive and try to do something about it now. Unfortunately guilty white crocheting liberal fags and know-it-all black lesbians with shaved heads would cry racism if he was canned now.

The problem is even if Romar has studs, he gets outcoached by all the good coaches. Almost every time UW plays a good team in non conference, we lose. This has happened even when we have had good teams.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    hey look damone is being grumpy and moaning about something in a HH thread

shocker