Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lol..just 9 short years ago....

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited March 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
WE ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOLL!!!!!!!' Fucktards

Great sweet 16 exit as always...but celebrate the number 1 seed like they fucking won something.

http://youtu.be/6x2OYWy3tTY

Comments

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    A good example of how much fun Husky basketball should be. Like football was for two many years, it's a fucking shame and there can be no...... that is NO excuses or apologies for what it is.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

Is nobody supposed to celebrate anything but a championship? At the time, it was a big deal and a good accomplishment.

I guess almost winning something is worth going nuts over. *sizzle

In the age of rushing the field after beating Stanford, it makes sense.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

WE ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOLL!!!!!!!' Fucktards

Great sweet 16 exit as always...but celebrate the number 1 seed like they fucking won something.

http://youtu.be/6x2OYWy3tTY

Celebration dictator superiority guy.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Damone's right this is a time capsule for my shitty generation of UW alumni.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It's

Is nobody supposed to celebrate anything but a championship? At the time, it was a big deal and a good accomplishment.

A one seed >> rushing the field over wins vs. historic fball also-rans

It was pretty cool and an impressive accomplishment. It would have been way more impressive had they made the Final 4.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Some schools wait years to be a 16 seed and lose their shit when it becomes reality. Damone, would you not celebrate a rose bowl birth?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

You're right. Winning the Pac 10 championship and earning a #1 seed sucks. Your logic is fucking stupid. So Florida State is the only team to celebrate this year in football because they won the title? In 2000, we shouldn't have celebrated a Rose Bowl win because we didn't win the National Championship?

I'm with you on this, but that team didn't win the Pac10 championship.

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Road Dawg beat me to the punch. iPhoneFS
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's

It was pretty cool and an impressive accomplishment. It would have been way more impressive had they made the Final 4.
    It only would have been impressive if they made it to the final for...or even 8..instead it proved they were over rated. But at least the students got to got nuts for a few minutes and feel good about something, even though it was a mirage
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

Some schools wait years to be a 16 seed and lose their shit when it becomes reality. Damone, would you not celebrate a rose bowl birth?

Celebrate? I would be glad, but I wouldn't go nuts and shit. I would book tickets to the game and hopefully celebrate a win.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW basketball claim to fame on the national stage is they were a number 1 seed once then shit the bed against the first decent team they played in the tournament. Awesome. High five.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

You're right. Winning the Pac 10 championship and earning a #1 seed sucks. Your logic is fucking stupid. So Florida State is the only team to celebrate this year in football because they won the title? In 2000, we shouldn't have celebrated a Rose Bowl win because we didn't win the National Championship?

Yeah, but still
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's

It only would have been impressive if they made it to the final for...or even 8..instead it proved they were over rated. But at least the students got to got nuts for a few minutes and feel good about something, even though it was a mirage
    You can get excited over a #1 seed AND be pissed at the loss to Louisville. Abundance. BTW, they lost to a Louisville team that went 33-5 and made the Final Four. It's not like they lost to a shitty mid major.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tournament.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

And other schools are national basketball powers..UW isn't now, nor ever has been...and likely will never be. 10 years from now when you want to fire Romars replacement, remember this thread.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Tournament.
    Doogs.gonna.doog
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's

You can get excited over a #1 seed AND be pissed at the loss to Louisville. Abundance. BTW, they lost to a Louisville team that went 33-5 and made the Final Four. It's not like they lost to a shitty mid major.
    They lost to a better team...because they were over rated and didn't deserve to be a #1.

Simple fact...case closed..facts checked and verified on snopes.