Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One of the most disturbing things from yesterday

124»

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,147
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2021
    trublue said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

haie said:

This isn't an excuse to not bludgeon an FCS team at home, but players don't want to play in these games, coaches don't want to coach in them, and fans don't want to watch. Sucks for the Portland States of the world but this is just a bad product even when UW bulldozes them.

This game reminded me of 2014 when we were losing to Georgia State at half. I believe the coaches absolutely crushed them in the locker room. Wonder what was said at half last night. Too bad we don't have a Marcus Peters to come out and just beast the other team's receivers out of frustration.

We also nearly lost to Eastern. Twice.

If the players don't want to play in these games, then they should consider quitting football. Same for the coaches, who are making more money in one year than most of us will make in a lifetime. You sign a contract to coach/play football and you should go out there and give it your best shot regardless of the opponent. A competitive team would want to come out and absolutely destroy a team like Montana.

I doubt Jimmy said much to the team at halftime, not that halftime speeches generally do any good.

Sure, but the scholarship players had options. They don't want to play Montana and Eastern.

There's nothing to be gained from playing games like this. But it's 100% Lake's job to get them up for it. And not treat it like a fucking practice.
    If you can't get up for your home opener after not playing in front of fans for two years and you need the coach to amp you up for the game then you have no business playing the game. Not just a Duck fan dumping on your guys but you have serious problems with your team if they couldn't get "up" and didn't want to play this game.
    There's definitely something really wrong with the team when they perform like this with a supposedly veteran roster. "Unfinished Business" my ass.

But schools need to do us all a favor and stop scheduling these games. UCLA was pumped to play LSU, the entire Pac 12 North is playing boring ass mountain west schools for their opener except for Beavlet. This 'if you can't get up to play Arky State you need to quit football' stuff is.... probably not connected to reality for modern power 5 football players.
    Good luck getting SEC teams to play away from home. Not much in it for them. They’ll gladly let you come and visit. Why would they travel to the west coast and risk a loss when they can sell out their stadium playing a FCS school?

In the last 20 years, the only SEC school that has played a home and away with Oregon was Mississippi State.

Oregon played LSU at the Kickoff Classic in Dallas, essentially a home game for LSU.

Oregon played at Tennessee.

Did LSU or Tennessee pay a return visit to Oregon? Hell no. They’re not stupid.

Oregon had a home and away game with Michigan and Wisconsin between 2000 and 2007.

Home and away games scheduled with Kansas State and Georgia were canceled as the date approached by both schools.

Oregon and tOSU scheduled a home and away game in 2020 and 2021.

Last season’s game at Autzen was canceled due to COVID. Oregon visits Columbus next weekend to get their comeuppance.

Ohio State has said they will reschedule to play at Autzen sometime after 2030. Sure.

Schedules are made out years in advance.

“But schools should do us all a favor and stop scheduling these games.”

It’s a business. You of all people should understand this. It’s not about the fans. If it was, why has the PAC-12 been scheduling so many night games? TV revenue.

Lesser programs go to the bigger programs for the payday and the loss . . .
    Disagree
  • Options

12 and 1 Pac 12 champion not allowed in the playoffs due to losing to Montana

Crazy

Montana the 1 seed, UW 4, Bama and Ohio State sandwiched in the middle.
    Brent Pease gets the last laugh…
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

thechatch said:

“We lost because we would have rather played someone better”

Basically your argument, @haie

This idea you have in your head that UW would have performed better if Clemson or tOSU was in town is laughable.

But you’re not making excuses….you’re just making excuses.

I’m glad you were in the stands to watch it live.

100% not my argument dumb fuck.

I said they need to stop scheduling these shitty little schools altogether. Bad product. Read dipshit. Use that UO journalism degree and string the words together. It'll make sense in due time.
    Oh are we back to academic smack talk?

I accept your surrender, little buddy.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,887
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

12 and 1 Pac 12 champion not allowed in the playoffs due to losing to Montana

Crazy

Lol

POTW
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,655
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

This idea you have in your head that UW would have performed better if Clemson or tOSU was in town is laughable.

I said they need to stop scheduling these shitty little schools altogether. Bad product. Read dipshit. Use that UO journalism degree and string the words together. It'll make sense in due time.

lol. How do you guys not realize that academic smack is on you, and not us?

My most painful loss of this decade was 2017 Stanford for a reason. Do I talk shit to Stanford and J? No, I don't.

You are shit academically. It's not even a debate..you don't even have an engineering program. Not to mix the tug in with this but this is Phil and a bunch of poor people. Reality.
  • Options
    haie said:

thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

lol. How do you guys not realize that academic smack is on you, and not us?

My most painful loss of this decade was 2017 Stanford for a reason. Do I talk shit to Stanford and J? No, I don't.

You are shit academically. It's not even a debate..you don't even have an engineering program. Not to mix the tug in with this but this is Phil and a bunch of poor people. Reality.
    Don’t stop now…I’m getting close
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,559
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When the 3rd Q ended, UW players looked exhausted, Montana was hopping up and down around the coach. They made it to the 4th Q and knew they were going to win.

That is when I started drinking heavily. I knew we? were done
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

When the 3rd Q ended, UW players looked exhausted, Montana was hopping up and down around the coach. They made it to the 4th Q and knew they were going to win.

Montana had players getting carted off the field for cramps every 3 minutes. They were tired they just played through it
  • Options
    Canadawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Montana had players getting carted off the field for cramps every 3 minutes. They were tired they just played through it
    Watching the sideline late in the game doesn’t always tell the whole story….

@sarkchainsawdawg can attest
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Canadawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Watching the sideline late in the game doesn’t always tell the whole story….

@sarkchainsawdawg can attest
    You know who cramps up? The guys who are playing their asses off. I thought the cramping on one side of the field but not the other told a pretty big story.
  • Options
    It’s tiring to know you’re coached by a retard who can’t make the necessary adjustments.