Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One of the most disturbing things from yesterday

Comments

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,614
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2021
    Canadawg said:

I actually feel like the only over reaction was against Dymo. He missed some passes but there seemed to be a bunch of drops and the 4th down throw was definitely pretty sick.

Coaching. Oline. Dline. Split problem between QB and WRs.

Montana dominating the lines is going to be the most bizarre husky moment of my life

Couldn't disagree more... "Dymo" produced the worst performance by any UW QB that i have seen since Fouch in the Rose bowl [against UCLA] when the only "laser sharp" passes he completed were to the UCLA linebackers... THE WORST in 63 years, nothing is even close. More than 50% of his pussy ass passes were high and wide ~ totally uncatchable.

Forget about every other totally miserable metric [and every one of them are the worst I have ever seen in 63 years of watching Husky football in this pathetic display] ~ Morris single handedly killed any chance of winning this game.

Of course, even that would not have mattered if they could "run the damn ball", but lets face it, that defensive front line of the Griz was all world and just too much to handle for our carefully considered offensive alignments.

RIP fucking losers.

My realistic assessment is this program will be a total loss until we see a turnover of the coaching staff and the AD, and like a lot of people have said, don't expect that this year or maybe even next. The race to the bottom of the PAC 12 for both the football and basketball programs will have to suffice for entertainment value for a while before the board of regents decide that the negative cash flow is important enough to solve by granting and insisting on actual cash flow and intelligent management of the resources at hand.

In the meantime the upper campus will get a sick kick out of the athletic dept. misery until they figure out that it actually fucks up their budget for the pristine lifestyle that they hold sacred to their hearts.

Dumbshits. Don't mind me, I just hate seeing gross and utter mismanagement authored by self aggrandized airheads. End.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I actually feel like the only over reaction was against Dymo. He missed some passes but there seemed to be a bunch of drops and the 4th down throw was definitely pretty sick.

Coaching. Oline. Dline. Split problem between QB and WRs.

Montana dominating the lines is going to be the most bizarre husky moment of my life

Couldn't disagree more... "Dymo" produced the worst performance by any UW QB that i have seen since Fouch in the Rose bowl [against UCLA] when the only "laser sharp" passes he completed were to the UCLA linebackers... THE WORST in 63 years, nothing is even close. More than 50% of his pussy ass passes were high and wide ~ totally uncatchable.

Forget about every other totally miserable metric [and every one of them are the worst I have ever seen in 63 years of watching Husky football in this pathetic display] ~ Morris single handedly killed any chance of winning this game.

Of course, even that would not have mattered if they could "run the damn ball", but lets face it, that defensive front line of the Griz was all world and just too much to handle for our carefully considered offensive alignments.

RIP fucking losers.

My realistic assessment is this program will be a total loss until we see a turnover of the coaching staff and the AD, and like a lot of people have said, don't expect that this year or maybe even next. The race to the bottom of the PAC 12 for both the football and basketball programs will have to suffice for entertainment value for a while before the board of regents decide that the negative cash flow is important enough to solve by granting and insisting on actual cash flow and intelligent management of the resources at hand.

In the meantime the upper campus will get a sick kick out of the athletic dept. misery until they figure out that it actually fucks up their budget for the pristine lifestyle that they hold sacred to their hearts.

Dumbshits. Don't mind me, I just hate seeing gross and utter mismanagement authored by self aggrandized airheads. End.
    I mostly agree. I do not think dymos game was worse than Brownings worst. You have to differentiate the qb from the oline and receivers. Not to mention the tight ends doing identical tip drill interceptions.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,568
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    DHD said:

This thread should now move to the classics board.

For no other reason than we're being trolled by a Montana fan ... and our only legit comeback is that "we USED to beat you".

"17-2-1 baby!"
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,672
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    trublue said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

haie said:

This isn't an excuse to not bludgeon an FCS team at home, but players don't want to play in these games, coaches don't want to coach in them, and fans don't want to watch. Sucks for the Portland States of the world but this is just a bad product even when UW bulldozes them.

This game reminded me of 2014 when we were losing to Georgia State at half. I believe the coaches absolutely crushed them in the locker room. Wonder what was said at half last night. Too bad we don't have a Marcus Peters to come out and just beast the other team's receivers out of frustration.

We also nearly lost to Eastern. Twice.

If the players don't want to play in these games, then they should consider quitting football. Same for the coaches, who are making more money in one year than most of us will make in a lifetime. You sign a contract to coach/play football and you should go out there and give it your best shot regardless of the opponent. A competitive team would want to come out and absolutely destroy a team like Montana.

I doubt Jimmy said much to the team at halftime, not that halftime speeches generally do any good.

Sure, but the scholarship players had options. They don't want to play Montana and Eastern.

There's nothing to be gained from playing games like this. But it's 100% Lake's job to get them up for it. And not treat it like a fucking practice.
    If you can't get up for your home opener after not playing in front of fans for two years and you need the coach to amp you up for the game then you have no business playing the game. Not just a Duck fan dumping on your guys but you have serious problems with your team if they couldn't get "up" and didn't want to play this game.
    There's definitely something really wrong with the team when they perform like this with a supposedly veteran roster. "Unfinished Business" my ass.

But schools need to do us all a favor and stop scheduling these games. UCLA was pumped to play LSU, the entire Pac 12 North is playing boring ass mountain west schools for their opener except for Beavlet. This 'if you can't get up to play Arky State you need to quit football' stuff is.... probably not connected to reality for modern power 5 football players.
    Good luck getting SEC teams to play away from home. Not much in it for them. They’ll gladly let you come and visit. Why would they travel to the west coast and risk a loss when they can sell out their stadium playing a FCS school?

In the last 20 years, the only SEC school that has played a home and away with Oregon was Mississippi State.

Oregon played LSU at the Kickoff Classic in Dallas, essentially a home game for LSU.

Oregon played at Tennessee.

Did LSU or Tennessee pay a return visit to Oregon? Hell no. They’re not stupid.

Oregon had a home and away game with Michigan and Wisconsin between 2000 and 2007.

Home and away games scheduled with Kansas State and Georgia were canceled as the date approached by both schools.

Oregon and tOSU scheduled a home and away game in 2020 and 2021.

Last season’s game at Autzen was canceled due to COVID. Oregon visits Columbus next weekend to get their comeuppance.

Ohio State has said they will reschedule to play at Autzen sometime after 2030. Sure.

Schedules are made out years in advance.

“But schools should do us all a favor and stop scheduling these games.”

It’s a business. You of all people should understand this. It’s not about the fans. If it was, why has the PAC-12 been scheduling so many night games? TV revenue.

Lesser programs go to the bigger programs for the payday and the loss . . .
    Tennessee played at Autzen in 2013 and lost by 100.

Oregon has booked H/H with the following schools in the modern era of football(1994 to present)

Michigan St(2x)
    Michigan
    tOSU
    Mississippi St
    aTm
    Tennessee
    Nebraska
    Oklahoma
    Wisconsin

tOSU return to Eugene in 2032 I believe.

Also, neutral site games with LSU, Auburn, Georgia either played or scheduled. Georgia is next year.

• Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,474
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

In the game's final minutes, the players looked like they were trudging through a practice

No competitive fire, no urgency, no nothing...

I wouldn't know. PAC12 using Sling cut away to the Coug pre-game in the final minutes
    FYI - I was also watching on Sling (PAC-12 WA), and when it switched to the Coug pre-game, I switched over to another PAC-12 channel (I think Pac-12 OR — but I was pretty fucking drunk by then, for obvious reasons), and watched the sad, pathetic, seemingly inevitable end to that shit show. FYFMFE.

• Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

trublue said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

haie said:

This isn't an excuse to not bludgeon an FCS team at home, but players don't want to play in these games, coaches don't want to coach in them, and fans don't want to watch. Sucks for the Portland States of the world but this is just a bad product even when UW bulldozes them.

This game reminded me of 2014 when we were losing to Georgia State at half. I believe the coaches absolutely crushed them in the locker room. Wonder what was said at half last night. Too bad we don't have a Marcus Peters to come out and just beast the other team's receivers out of frustration.

We also nearly lost to Eastern. Twice.

If the players don't want to play in these games, then they should consider quitting football. Same for the coaches, who are making more money in one year than most of us will make in a lifetime. You sign a contract to coach/play football and you should go out there and give it your best shot regardless of the opponent. A competitive team would want to come out and absolutely destroy a team like Montana.

I doubt Jimmy said much to the team at halftime, not that halftime speeches generally do any good.

Sure, but the scholarship players had options. They don't want to play Montana and Eastern.

There's nothing to be gained from playing games like this. But it's 100% Lake's job to get them up for it. And not treat it like a fucking practice.
    If you can't get up for your home opener after not playing in front of fans for two years and you need the coach to amp you up for the game then you have no business playing the game. Not just a Duck fan dumping on your guys but you have serious problems with your team if they couldn't get "up" and didn't want to play this game.
    There's definitely something really wrong with the team when they perform like this with a supposedly veteran roster. "Unfinished Business" my ass.

But schools need to do us all a favor and stop scheduling these games. UCLA was pumped to play LSU, the entire Pac 12 North is playing boring ass mountain west schools for their opener except for Beavlet. This 'if you can't get up to play Arky State you need to quit football' stuff is.... probably not connected to reality for modern power 5 football players.
    Good luck getting SEC teams to play away from home. Not much in it for them. They’ll gladly let you come and visit. Why would they travel to the west coast and risk a loss when they can sell out their stadium playing a FCS school?

In the last 20 years, the only SEC school that has played a home and away with Oregon was Mississippi State.

Oregon played LSU at the Kickoff Classic in Dallas, essentially a home game for LSU.

Oregon played at Tennessee.

Did LSU or Tennessee pay a return visit to Oregon? Hell no. They’re not stupid.

Oregon had a home and away game with Michigan and Wisconsin between 2000 and 2007.

Home and away games scheduled with Kansas State and Georgia were canceled as the date approached by both schools.

Oregon and tOSU scheduled a home and away game in 2020 and 2021.

Last season’s game at Autzen was canceled due to COVID. Oregon visits Columbus next weekend to get their comeuppance.

Ohio State has said they will reschedule to play at Autzen sometime after 2030. Sure.

Schedules are made out years in advance.

“But schools should do us all a favor and stop scheduling these games.”

It’s a business. You of all people should understand this. It’s not about the fans. If it was, why has the PAC-12 been scheduling so many night games? TV revenue.

Lesser programs go to the bigger programs for the payday and the loss . . .
    Tennessee played at Autzen in 2013 and lost by 100.

Oregon has booked H/H with the following schools in the modern era of football(1994 to present)

Michigan St(2x)
    Michigan
    tOSU
    Mississippi St
    aTm
    Tennessee
    Nebraska
    Oklahoma
    Wisconsin

tOSU return to Eugene in 2032 I believe.

Also, neutral site games with LSU, Auburn, Georgia either played or scheduled. Georgia is next year.

Don’t remember the Nebraska games . . . Do remember Oregon visiting Lincoln a couple of times in 80’s for paydays and an ass-kicking

Gotta stop relying on my failing memory.

Thanks for filling in the gaps.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,699
    Founders Club

In the game's final minutes, the players looked like they were trudging through a practice

No competitive fire, no urgency, no nothing...

I wouldn't know. PAC12 using Sling cut away to the Coug pre-game in the final minutes
    FYI - I was also watching on Sling (PAC-12 WA), and when it switched to the Coug pre-game, I switched over to another PAC-12 channel (I think Pac-12 OR — but I was pretty fucking drunk by then, for obvious reasons), and watched the sad, pathetic, seemingly inevitable end to that shit show. FYFMFE.

Thanks. I'll remember this for the Arkansas State loss in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    @haie consistently shows how little he really knows about football. It’s embarrassing, really.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just wait till Jimmy strips this fucker down Dipoto Style and Builds Back Better.

Will YOU be here to See Them Rise?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,568
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

Just wait till Jimmy strips this fucker down Dipoto Style and Builds Back Better.

Will YOU be here to See Them Rise?

This sounds like a PurpleJ post
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

@haie consistently shows how little he really knows about football. It’s embarrassing, really.

You've said nothing of substance this whole time except act like a little sniveling quook. And we all know how much football Oregon's fans know.

I was at the game. Our players didn't give a fuck. Body language confirmed by others here. Saban says no one wants to do these games. He must be full of shit though.

I'm not a excusing Jimmy of losing to fucking Montana and then having the balls to tell the fans that he wasn't shocked they lost, after pumping his team up all summer long and acting like they're the biggest means sob's on the block.

Again, an Oregon fan telling a fan of any of the 11 other schools they don't know anything about football is laughable. You losers have only existed for a minute, and you know it.
  • Options
    “We lost because we would have rather played someone better”

Basically your argument, @haie

This idea you have in your head that UW would have performed better if Clemson or tOSU was in town is laughable.

But you’re not making excuses….you’re just making excuses.

I’m glad you were in the stands to watch it live.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

“We lost because we would have rather played someone better”

Basically your argument, @haie

This idea you have in your head that UW would have performed better if Clemson or tOSU was in town is laughable.

But you’re not making excuses….you’re just making excuses.

I’m glad you were in the stands to watch it live.

100% not my argument dumb fuck.

I said they need to stop scheduling these shitty little schools altogether. Bad product. Read dipshit. Use that UO journalism degree and string the words together. It'll make sense in due time.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021
    haie said:

thechatch said:

You've said nothing of substance this whole time except act like a little sniveling quook. And we all know how much football Oregon's fans know.

I was at the game. Our players didn't give a fuck. Body language confirmed by others here. Saban says no one wants to do these games. He must be full of shit though.

I'm not a excusing Jimmy of losing to fucking Montana and then having the balls to tell the fans that he wasn't shocked they lost, after pumping his team up all summer long and acting like they're the biggest means sob's on the block.

Again, an Oregon fan telling a fan of any of the 11 other schools they don't know anything about football is laughable. You losers have only existed for a minute, and you know it.
    Saban has a room of natties and conference championships. UW beat Boise and lost to the nomadic trees how can you possibly compare
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

12 and 1 Pac 12 champion not allowed in the playoffs due to losing to Montana

Crazy

Exactly what ESPN would want.