Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Something non controversial - abortion

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

6 weeks is not a lot of time.

Just sayin….

That was my point way back when I started this thread. It's not reasonable and Roe says first trimester

A law for 3 months without the Ann Frank provision would be a lot better

On the other hand it isn't banned or outlawed. Language matters

Argue the time frame, call your legislator. Stay out of Texas. Or keep the pee stick handy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I stand with @Swaye but will add, the answer is probably out there somewhere between 6-25 weeks(minus medical exceptions blah blah blah). My nephew was literally born at 25 weeks and it's pretty hard for me to believe a few days before that he had no right to life.

We were just getting to the point where the Left was demoralized and giving up on the Dems. Then the GOP creates an issue for cover for the admin to revitalize the leftist base. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Look no further than this thred with poasters like @Rubberfist who have been notably absent high fiving over the GOP doing this.

Its been a tough week for them. They needed this

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

I stand with @Swaye but will add, the answer is probably out there somewhere between 6-25 weeks(minus medical exceptions blah blah blah). My nephew was literally born at 25 weeks and it's pretty hard for me to believe a few days before that he had no right to life.

We were just getting to the point where the Left was demoralized and giving up on the Dems. Then the GOP creates an issue for cover for the admin to revitalize the leftist base. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Look no further than this thred with poasters like @Rubberfist who have been notably absent high fiving over the GOP doing this.

Between a black man running for governor in California and an anti abortion Texas law, the left is BACK.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    "Women" controlling their own bodies? What happened to birthing people controlling their own bodies? Bigot.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

I just want to go on the record to state while I am not personally a big fan of abortion, I have never thought the government should have any say in what someone does with their body. I only wish the same rules would apply to masks. And 40 oz Cokes in NYC. Just get the government completely out of the game of managing what the fuck I do or don't do with my body.

Pussy
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021
    Whatever happened to that miracle drug "the day after*"? I thought that was going to solve the abortion issue

Edit: *or whatever it is called
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,005
    edited September 2021
    I'm for retroactive abortions and the sole arbitor of who gets aborted.

I could get behind this!
  • Options
    SDCJRSDCJR Member Posts: 195
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Life begins at conception. It’s called “science”. Seriously doubt God cares whether it’s 6 weeks or six months. It’s still murder.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

Whatever happened to that miracle drug "the day after*"? I thought that was going to solve the abortion issue

Edit: *or whatever it is called

That would require a level of personal responsibility that Rat party supporters don't possess. If only there were methods of birth control that would keep "birthing persons" from getting pregnant.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    SDCJR said:

Life begins at conception. It’s called “science”. Seriously doubt God cares whether it’s 6 weeks or six months. It’s still murder.

Argument has been going on for decades, you lost. But enjoy the electoral massacre that’s coming.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SDCJR said:

Argument has been going on for decades, you lost. But enjoy the electoral massacre that’s coming.
    Yes, yes, with the Texas abortion law and Jan 6 you liberal Kunts should have no problem holding onto the House.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2021
    Any momentum that the right may have gained from the Afghani debacle was erased by this. Texas didn’t push this because they care about unborn lives. They did it for political points.

And in true Republican fashion the last 20 years, they took 3 steps back as soon as they went one step forward.

Facebook wine wife has been in a slumber the last 8 months. Not anymore.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    You mean to tell me that politicians were playing politics!?! The OUTRAGE!!!
  • Options
    SDCJRSDCJR Member Posts: 195
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If the majority of this country supports killing babies, then we absolutely deserve what is going to happen to us.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine needing a Texas law to have an issue to run on

22 and 24 are over anyway
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021

SDCJR said:

Electoral massacre for something that a majority of people voted on in Texas, sure thing pipsqueak. As for losing strategies, how did things work out for the brave dems that fled Texas? What did they achieve?

Different subject, but relevant. The electoral massacre that's coming is for democrats.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    hardhat said:

SDCJR said:

Electoral massacre for something that a majority of people voted on in Texas, sure thing pipsqueak. As for losing strategies, how did things work out for the brave dems that fled Texas? What did they achieve?

Different subject, but relevant. The electoral massacre that's coming is for democrats.

2022 is going to make Newt's Contract With America landslide look like a back of the napkin memo of understanding.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

hardhat said:

SDCJR said:

2022 is going to make Newt's Contract With America landslide look like a back of the napkin memo of understanding.

There's enough mail in ballots to cover that