Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Something non controversial - abortion

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited September 2021 in Tug Tavern
Texas passed a 6 week law for abortions called the heart beat law. The Supremes have let it stand so far with right wing Roberts shocking no one by joining the libs in dissent of not over turning it

Roe v Wade passed in 1973 with the first trimester reserved to the choice of the woman. Which is why I am surprised they let 6 weeks stand. There is language about the state protecting a viable pregnancy which I assume is the loop hole

In 1973 Ian and Muffy didn't go for an ultrasound and see the baby's heartbeat at around 6 weeks or so. I think that was the game changer. Texas can do what it wants anyway just like California.

I am pragmatic on abortion. Safe legal and rare like my boy Bill Clinton. We need that option. I also think the first trimester was enough time to know your pregnant and to do something about it if you want. 6 weeks is pretty tight. I thought it would be kicked back to make it first trimester but what do I know?

We have no abortion people which is not a viable political position IMO. We have up to the first breath abortion which is also not a viable position.

Pundits are already saying this will kill the GOP for 22 and 24 but we know they are dead anyway so what the hell

Let the fund raising begin

Comments