Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OK Athletics Directors

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club
It's 2019 and our DAWGS just went 8-5 and Pete is 2-4 against Oregon and can't beat Cal and Stanford, the three teams we have to beat. Do you fire him?

OK Athletics Directors 35 votes

Yes
31%
DerekJohnsonRaceBannonSwayewhatshouldicareaboutLebamDawgEl_KFireCohenBleachedAnusDawg1to392831weretakenBendDawg24LB_33 11 votes
No
68%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverwhlinderPostGameOrangeSlicesRoadDawg55dtdAtomicDawgdncalumni94The_UndertakerTequillabiak1EwaDawghuskyhooliganGreenRiverGatorzYellowSnowNeighbor2972TheDawgFan1227dannarcBeerThirtyJoey 24 votes

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,163
    Yes
    Yes, I checked out on him the final two years. Did not have the killer instinct needed, played guys based on seniority over talent in several instances which cost them games, and you could see he was burned out. The legacy of Pete is highlighted by some funny gifs. Playoff loss to Bama was a fun year.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,420 Founders Club
    Yes
    From afar I could tell he was burned out, (and I took some ridicule here for saying so). So if I was the AD I would have absolutely seen it, and I probably would have known it was time to move on while we still had momentum.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    No

No, for 2 reasons:

1) He's still won the Pac .333% of the time, so meeting Don James metric.

2) The replacement is more likely to be a downgrade.

See what 2020 looks like and reassess.

Not to mention 3 years prior were 3 NY6 games including trip to CFP

Your point 2 is spot on
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    No

From afar I could tell he was burned out, (and I took some ridicule here for saying so). So if I was the AD I would have absolutely seen it, and I probably would have known it was time to move on while we still had momentum.

Agree that the burnout was evident and definitely a discussion point

Discussion point doesn’t = firing though
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club
    Yes
    Found the fraud
    Yes
    Tequilla said:

No, for 2 reasons:

Your point 2 is spot on
    Lost all of them. Downward trajectory his final two seasons. Do you wait until the ship has taken on so much water that it takes 5 years to bail out? Of course, we know that Jenn would never have fired Petersen unless he had 2-3 years of .500 or worse. They're all too chummy in the AD.
    Yes

Tequilla said:

No, for 2 reasons:

Your point 2 is spot on
    Lost all of them. Downward trajectory his final two seasons. Do you wait until the ship has taken on so much water that it takes 5 years to bail out? Of course, we know that Jenn would never have fired Petersen unless he had 2-3 years of .500 or worse. They're all too chummy in the AD.
    That's the argument Teq uses to fire Jimmy after 4 games

Yes

Tequilla said:

No, for 2 reasons:

Your point 2 is spot on

Clearly Teq is racist.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,361 Swaye's Wigwam
    No
    The hindsight psychological evaluation of CP is impressive. Maybe I just lost my screenshots of people saying he would be quitting soon
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
    No

Tequilla said:

No, for 2 reasons:

Your point 2 is spot on

I'm very much mentally prepared to fire Jimmy after this season. But there remains the prickly matter of playing the actual games. And for better or worse, Jimmy and this band of lackluster assistants, have all the stars aligned to win the Pac- i.e., gritty QB, lots of NFL talents across the roster and Oregon at home.
    edited August 2021
    Yes
    My reputation was assaulted here and that cannot stand

It really isn't hindsight for me. Petersen pissed me off when he punted on 4th and 1 on the 40 against Oregon. Sure the three year run was nice if not quite as filling as we hoped but 2019 was a disaster. If people want to get on me about not being the fire the coach guy you have always loved then you have to answer why you didn't want Petersen fired with me.

I've said or a year now that the best thing about Jimmy is that he isn't Petersen. Unknown better than known

And easier to fire if or when he does fail

The talking points are fine but assistants and recruiting and the opinions about them are just that - opinions. We can always do better and get better guys. Its really inexact out west.

We are about to get some hard evidence. Play ball

I hope. Delta Dawn
    Yes
    Swaye said:

I pretty much want to fire every Coach we have no matter who they are in any year they do not win a NY6 game. Not kidding. Some people say I have unrealistic expectations. Those people are also known as losers. So fuck them. NOGAF what losers think.

#stillaminionforlife

#theminionhasbecometheteacher
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Yes
    You know what cures burnouts, is fucking winning. He was not winning