Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

COVID-19 Claims a Husky, James-Era Wide Receiver Lamar Mitchell

13»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

So can we get back to the original point that an appeal to authority is a logical fallacy, and when said authority is nurses, it's time for a walk on the beach for perspective?

At least I think that was the original point...

Nope.

My point was simply that someone shouldn't be surprised that someone who worked in health care wasn't vaccinated against COVID. Lots of people who work in health care aren't C19 vaxxed.

There was no appeal to authority involved.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    Fuck authority

Always a good plan

#hippielife
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    dnc said:

So can we get back to the original point that an appeal to authority is a logical fallacy, and when said authority is nurses, it's time for a walk on the beach for perspective?

Nope.

My point was simply that someone shouldn't be surprised that someone who worked in health care wasn't vaccinated against COVID. Lots of people who work in health care aren't C19 vaxxed.

You're so vain you probably think this song is about you.

Also, Francis, lighten up, yadda yadda.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,363 Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

Alexis said:

So a guy who worked with low income families in other countries to allow them better access to medication wasn't vaxxed. Hmmm.

There is a massive amount of American medical professionals who aren't vaccinated against COVID.
    What are we considering massive, and who are we considering medical professionals? The AMA surveyed practicing physicians and found a 96% vaccination rate. Which is probably the highest rate for a single occupation.
    I have never heard anyone narrow medical professionals down to just doctors. I certainly wasn't intending to suggest that.

I don't have hard numbers so perhaps I'm wrong. But anecdotally I've been surprised how many people who work in hospitals and clinics as nurses or techs or other medical professions who are not vaccinated. And anecdotally they all seem to suggest there are a ton of others like them who aren't vaccinated either.
    This checks out. My brother was almost finished with nursing school and top of his class before having to drop out in order to attend jail instead. He's an anti-vaxxer (in general, but this one in particular gives him a massive hard-on). His other popular positions include, "The Holocaust has been historically exaggerated and wasn't that bad." His side hustle while in school was pressing, bottling, and selling (via the SomethingAwful forums...) nutraceuticals, wich, if you aren't familiar, are "brain enhancement pills" made from powder he'd import from China in large boxes or 55 gallon drums. "Processed and packaged in our clean lab," his marketing materials said. As he pressed another couple of bottles worth on his dining room table... FDA approval? Fuuuuuuuuck no.

His 17-years-younger fiance/baby-mamma/disciple is a practicing nurse who is also unvaccinated. They met in nursing school, when she wasn't even old enough to buy beer. Evidence of her maturity and decision-making prowess include growing up in a religious cult and getting with, staying with, and repeatedly getting knocked up by my dipshit brother.

Only other non-physician medical professional that I know is my dad's ex-wife, another nurse. Not vaccinated. Also not very bright.

I hadn't considered until just now how low of a bar you must have to pass over to become a registered nurse in this country...
    In my dating years, nurses were almost always dumb and liked to have a good time. Hardcore Husky’s kind of gals.
    Can confirm. I have played hide the red weenie with a number of nurses back in my fun days, and they are usually DTF quick fast and in a hurry. Love nurses. Not the dude ones though. Thoseguysarefags.gif

dnc said:

Nope.

I'm the one who brought the point up about medical professionals not being vaxxed.

Who was it about then?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,609
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Alexis said:

So a guy who worked with low income families in other countries to allow them better access to medication wasn't vaxxed. Hmmm.

There is a massive amount of American medical professionals who aren't vaccinated against COVID.
    What are we considering massive, and who are we considering medical professionals? The AMA surveyed practicing physicians and found a 96% vaccination rate. Which is probably the highest rate for a single occupation.
    I have never heard anyone narrow medical professionals down to just doctors. I certainly wasn't intending to suggest that.

I don't have hard numbers so perhaps I'm wrong. But anecdotally I've been surprised how many people who work in hospitals and clinics as nurses or techs or other medical professions who are not vaccinated. And anecdotally they all seem to suggest there are a ton of others like them who aren't vaccinated either.
    This checks out. My brother was almost finished with nursing school and top of his class before having to drop out in order to attend jail instead. He's an anti-vaxxer (in general, but this one in particular gives him a massive hard-on). His other popular positions include, "The Holocaust has been historically exaggerated and wasn't that bad." His side hustle while in school was pressing, bottling, and selling (via the SomethingAwful forums...) nutraceuticals, wich, if you aren't familiar, are "brain enhancement pills" made from powder he'd import from China in large boxes or 55 gallon drums. "Processed and packaged in our clean lab," his marketing materials said. As he pressed another couple of bottles worth on his dining room table... FDA approval? Fuuuuuuuuck no.

His 17-years-younger fiance/baby-mamma/disciple is a practicing nurse who is also unvaccinated. They met in nursing school, when she wasn't even old enough to buy beer. Evidence of her maturity and decision-making prowess include growing up in a religious cult and getting with, staying with, and repeatedly getting knocked up by my dipshit brother.

Only other non-physician medical professional that I know is my dad's ex-wife, another nurse. Not vaccinated. Also not very bright.

I hadn't considered until just now how low of a bar you must have to pass over to become a registered nurse in this country...
    In my dating years, nurses were almost always dumb and liked to have a good time. Hardcore Husky’s kind of gals.
    Can confirm. I have played hide the red weenie with a number of nurses back in my fun days, and they are usually DTF quick fast and in a hurry. Love nurses. Not the dude ones though. Thoseguysarefags.gif
    R/gonewildscrubs
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Nope.

I'm the one who brought the point up about medical professionals not being vaxxed.

Who was it about then?
    Was Alexis, but kind of you, too. He seemed to be implying a point, you seemed more just stating the facts. Either way, I was just trying to carry on the joke that all the nurses I know are dumb. The horse has been thoroughly beaten at this point.

dnc said:

dnc said:

Nope.

Who was it about then?
    Was Alexis, but kind of you, too. He seemed to be implying a point, you seemed more just stating the facts. Either way, I was just trying to carry on the joke that all the nurses I know are dumb. The horse has been thoroughly beaten at this point.
    Fair enough
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,108 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

Nope.

Who was it about then?
    Free Pub!!