Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

COVID-19 Claims a Husky, James-Era Wide Receiver Lamar Mitchell

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,041 Founders Club
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,732
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    So a guy who worked with low income families in other countries to allow them better access to medication wasn't vaxxed. Hmmm.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Alexis said:

So a guy who worked with low income families in other countries to allow them better access to medication wasn't vaxxed. Hmmm.

There is a massive amount of American medical professionals who aren't vaccinated against COVID.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Alexis said:

There is a massive amount of American medical professionals who aren't vaccinated against COVID.
    Kind of what I was angling towards
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,362 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    dnc said:

Alexis said:

True

You know what they called the guy that graduated last in his medical class? Doctor
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236
    It's not a vaccine.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    I consider that era to be my wheelhouse and the last era I REALLY paid attention to.

I hadn't heard of this man but that shows how deep we used to be. I did read that he got in some issues and never played much but still

Its too bad. And good on him for doing something good while alive
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited August 2021
    He should have worn a mask and taken the virus seriously
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,097 Founders Club

I consider that era to be my wheelhouse and the last era I REALLY paid attention to.

I hadn't heard of this man but that shows how deep we used to be. I did read that he got in some issues and never played much but still

Classy poast.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Classy poast.

Race is like that. You’d think he was from Nebraska
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,799

good luck the rest of the way
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    dnc said:

Alexis said:

What are we considering massive, and who are we considering medical professionals? The AMA surveyed practicing physicians and found a 96% vaccination rate. Which is probably the highest rate for a single occupation.

dnc said:

Alexis said:

What are we considering massive, and who are we considering medical professionals? The AMA surveyed practicing physicians and found a 96% vaccination rate. Which is probably the highest rate for a single occupation.
    I have never heard anyone narrow medical professionals down to just doctors. I certainly wasn't intending to suggest that.

I don't have hard numbers so perhaps I'm wrong. But anecdotally I've been surprised how many people who work in hospitals and clinics as nurses or techs or other medical professions who are not vaccinated. And anecdotally they all seem to suggest there are a ton of others like them who aren't vaccinated either.

HuskyJW said:

dnc said:

Alexis said:

True

You know what they called the guy that graduated last in his medical class? Doctor
    Almost all doctors have been vaxxed. Nurses and technicians, etc...well not so much.
    Right