Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

COVID-19 Claims a Husky, James-Era Wide Receiver Lamar Mitchell

Comments

• LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club

dnc said:

Alexis said:

So a guy who worked with low income families in other countries to allow them better access to medication wasn't vaxxed. Hmmm.

There is a massive amount of American medical professionals who aren't vaccinated against COVID.
    What are we considering massive, and who are we considering medical professionals? The AMA surveyed practicing physicians and found a 96% vaccination rate. Which is probably the highest rate for a single occupation.
    Here's a link to some numbers around SoCal (varies by hospital). May be paywall, so I'll post a snip. This was published 8/1/21.

Vaccine hesitancy is far more pronounced at some hospitals than at others, and may reflect a community’s affluence — or lack thereof.

At Redlands Community Hospital, 42% of workers were not vaccinated as of July 16, according to federal data. At Kaiser Foundation Hospital West L.A., 33% were unvaccinated. At Kaiser Foundation Hospital Riverside, 29%. Officials said about 30% of employees at Los Angeles County hospitals — including “safety net” facilities that care for uninsured and underinsured patients — were still unvaccinated, though federal figures put the unvaccinated rate far closer to 50% at County USC Medical Center in Los Angeles and County Olive View-UCLA Medical Center in Sylmar, and at 38% at County Harbor-UCLA Medical Center near Torrance.

The scenario is strikingly different elsewhere.

Just 5% of workers remained unvaccinated at MemorialCare Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital in Long Beach, and only 4.7% were un-jabbed at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, according to the data.

Fewer than 2% — or less — had spurned vaccines at Orange County Global Medical Center in Santa Ana, MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center in Laguna Hills, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale and MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center in Fountain Valley, according to the federal data.

Link
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

dnc said:

dnc said:

Alexis said:

So a guy who worked with low income families in other countries to allow them better access to medication wasn't vaxxed. Hmmm.

There is a massive amount of American medical professionals who aren't vaccinated against COVID.
    What are we considering massive, and who are we considering medical professionals? The AMA surveyed practicing physicians and found a 96% vaccination rate. Which is probably the highest rate for a single occupation.
    I have never heard anyone narrow medical professionals down to just doctors. I certainly wasn't intending to suggest that.

I don't have hard numbers so perhaps I'm wrong. But anecdotally I've been surprised how many people who work in hospitals and clinics as nurses or techs or other medical professions who are not vaccinated. And anecdotally they all seem to suggest there are a ton of others like them who aren't vaccinated either.
    This checks out. My brother was almost finished with nursing school and top of his class before having to drop out in order to attend jail instead. He's an anti-vaxxer (in general, but this one in particular gives him a massive hard-on). His other popular positions include, "The Holocaust has been historically exaggerated and wasn't that bad." His side hustle while in school was pressing, bottling, and selling (via the SomethingAwful forums...) nutraceuticals, wich, if you aren't familiar, are "brain enhancement pills" made from powder he'd import from China in large boxes or 55 gallon drums. "Processed and packaged in our clean lab," his marketing materials said. As he pressed another couple of bottles worth on his dining room table... FDA approval? Fuuuuuuuuck no.

His 17-years-younger fiance/baby-mamma/disciple is a practicing nurse who is also unvaccinated. They met in nursing school, when she wasn't even old enough to buy beer. Evidence of her maturity and decision-making prowess include growing up in a religious cult and getting with, staying with, and repeatedly getting knocked up by my dipshit brother.

Only other non-physician medical professional that I know is my dad's ex-wife, another nurse. Not vaccinated. Also not very bright.

I hadn't considered until just now how low of a bar you must have to pass over to become a registered nurse in this country...
    I have some expertise in getting around FDA regulations. “Not for human consumption.” Then you market it as a “research chemical” and you have gotten around needing FDA approval. All sorts of supplements sold online so this.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam

Pics of the fiance?

You like the pregnant ladies, huh?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club

Pics of the fiance?

There's an app for that

If your crazy brother is dating women 17 years younger he's doing something right

Allegedly
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club

Pics of the fiance?

There's an app for that

If your crazy brother is dating women 17 years younger he's doing something right

Allegedly
    It's actually his M.O. He can't get well-adjusted women to be interested in him, so he prays on young, inexperienced girls from hyper-religious families and wows them with his "amazing intellect" and worldliness. He married his ex (four years younger) right after her high school graduation. Her first boyfriend. He got with the current while she was on shore leave from her religious cult, experiencing the world outside for the first time. Her first boyfriend.

Getting with younger women sounds nice on the surface, but did I mention that he's a Holocaust denier and she's bought into that? We're not talking 17-years-younger and popular and well adjusted... Nothing's worse than an idiot who is CERTAIN that they're smart and right.

Besides, 17 years younger to @RaceBannon is a woman in her nineties who's seen some shit and has some stories and experience. Not exactly the same thing...
    Your last paragraph is money

Although a 25 year old just released from the convent......
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Pics of the fiance?

There's an app for that

Allegedly
    It's actually his M.O. He can't get well-adjusted women to be interested in him, so he prays on young, inexperienced girls from hyper-religious families and wows them with his "amazing intellect" and worldliness. He married his ex (four years younger) right after her high school graduation. Her first boyfriend. He got with the current while she was on shore leave from her religious cult, experiencing the world outside for the first time. Her first boyfriend.

Getting with younger women sounds nice on the surface, but did I mention that he's a Holocaust denier and she's bought into that? We're not talking 17-years-younger and popular and well adjusted... Nothing's worse than an idiot who is CERTAIN that they're smart and right.

Besides, 17 years younger to @RaceBannon is a woman in her nineties who's seen some shit and has some stories and experience. Not exactly the same thing...
    It's a good clarification. Fucking women in their 20s and dating women in their 20s are two entirely separate things.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,703 Founders Club

dnc said:

Alexis said:

Brexit wasn't supposed to be passed and Clinton was supposed to win in the 90th percentiles as well. 97% of all scientists believe man is causing global warming despite previous eons of global rising temperatures without mankind. Was Lamar a healthy man? The science shows a 99.7% survival rate without vaccination. Of the .3% dying, they average several comorbilities. I'll trust the science.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam

Pics of the fiance?

There's an app for that

Allegedly

Nothing like airing our family business/drama on HH.
    It was for a good cause. YWFMS.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,362 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Alexis said:

I have never heard anyone narrow medical professionals down to just doctors. I certainly wasn't intending to suggest that.

I don't have hard numbers so perhaps I'm wrong. But anecdotally I've been surprised how many people who work in hospitals and clinics as nurses or techs or other medical professions who are not vaccinated. And anecdotally they all seem to suggest there are a ton of others like them who aren't vaccinated either.
    This checks out. My brother was almost finished with nursing school and top of his class before having to drop out in order to attend jail instead. He's an anti-vaxxer (in general, but this one in particular gives him a massive hard-on). His other popular positions include, "The Holocaust has been historically exaggerated and wasn't that bad." His side hustle while in school was pressing, bottling, and selling (via the SomethingAwful forums...) nutraceuticals, wich, if you aren't familiar, are "brain enhancement pills" made from powder he'd import from China in large boxes or 55 gallon drums. "Processed and packaged in our clean lab," his marketing materials said. As he pressed another couple of bottles worth on his dining room table... FDA approval? Fuuuuuuuuck no.

His 17-years-younger fiance/baby-mamma/disciple is a practicing nurse who is also unvaccinated. They met in nursing school, when she wasn't even old enough to buy beer. Evidence of her maturity and decision-making prowess include growing up in a religious cult and getting with, staying with, and repeatedly getting knocked up by my dipshit brother.

Only other non-physician medical professional that I know is my dad's ex-wife, another nurse. Not vaccinated. Also not very bright.

I hadn't considered until just now how low of a bar you must have to pass over to become a registered nurse in this country...
    In my dating years, nurses were almost always dumb and liked to have a good time. Hardcore Husky’s kind of gals.
    Nurses are batshit. I've had some pumpy-esque nights with Nurses who had to show up for their shift a few hours after I left.

What was his name?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,041 Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

Alexis said:

I have some expertise in getting around FDA regulations. “Not for human consumption.” Then you market it as a “research chemical” and you have gotten around needing FDA approval. All sorts of supplements sold online so this.
    FDA regulation avoidance superiority guy. Every bored has one.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    HuskyJW said:

Doogles said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Alexis said:

In my dating years, nurses were almost always dumb and liked to have a good time. Hardcore Husky’s kind of gals.
    Nurses are batshit. I've had some pumpy-esque nights with Nurses who had to show up for their shift a few hours after I left.

What was his name?
    Heh, you hear what I said Ton? I said, "what was his name?"
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,097 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Alexis said:

Can confirm. I doled out some good, honest poundings to a Seattle nurse.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    dnc said:

Alexis said:

I was told the highest percentage of unvaccinated hold PHD’s
    So can we get back to the original point that an appeal to authority is a logical fallacy, and when said authority is nurses, it's time for a walk on the beach for perspective?

At least I think that was the original point...