Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The all wasted talent team

Comments

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

Gunheim was a damn good player but would have been recognized as great if he played on a good team or good defense. In the 2006 game against UCLA, he ran down a guy who had like a 80 yard punt return. A fucking DL running down a return guy. Gunheim would have been a beast under a real coach.

Wasn't it MJD he ran down?
    Just looked it up, it was Terrence Austin and a 79 yard punt return.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Gunheim was a damn good player but would have been recognized as great if he played on a good team or good defense. In the 2006 game against UCLA, he ran down a guy who had like a 80 yard punt return. A fucking DL running down a return guy. Gunheim would have been a beast under a real coach.

Wasn't it MJD he ran down?
    Just looked it up, it was Terrence Austin and a 79 yard punt return.

Yeah but still

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    RedmondLonghorn
    Matmik
    Chipocrit
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

There are too many to fucking name. Just goes to show how much of a shitshow our coaching has been. What about Dorson Boyce? He literally never played here and I don't remember how good he was/wasn't but has bounced around the NFL and made rosters.

Also there was this walk on kid in 05 that Ty really fucked up. I worked for the team and as a walk on he was way better than Robert Lewis and by far the best TE on the team. Instead Ty hardly played him and we got zero production from that position. Because of this he transferred to Central where he excelled and bounced around the NFL for a bit. He was never going to be all-world but considering the shit talent on that team, guy got hosed.

Jared Bronson?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2014

There are too many to fucking name. Just goes to show how much of a shitshow our coaching has been. What about Dorson Boyce? He literally never played here and I don't remember how good he was/wasn't but has bounced around the NFL and made rosters.

Also there was this walk on kid in 05 that Ty really fucked up. I worked for the team and as a walk on he was way better than Robert Lewis and by far the best TE on the team. Instead Ty hardly played him and we got zero production from that position. Because of this he transferred to Central where he excelled and bounced around the NFL for a bit. He was never going to be all-world but considering the shit talent on that team, guy got hosed.

Jared Bronson?
    Good call. Was bothering me I couldnt' remember the name. He never played but in practice he was really damn good and Robert Lewis sucked ass. I just remember being in disbelief that he never got put on scholarship let alone got any snaps. He was actually later invited to the combine.

ps. I know it's supposed to be a doogman legend but the year JR Hasty was on the scout team he was by far the best RB we had. We even had to move James Sims from safety in the middle of the season just to have an able body there. But Hasty would house 50, 60 yard runs with the scout team against the 1s on defense with regularity.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,582
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hasty. Fuck Ty.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Took this long with no mention of Jack Lockner? Look what he did his freshman year vs Ohio State? He looked like a future Heisman contender. Then by his senior year we couldn't wait for him to be gone.

Imagine if he had a coach who didn't give a fuck about FREE PUB! in the NFL draft and allowed Jack to be an athlete who can hit some play action passes?

When Jack ran, he ran with a purpose. He looked like a power back who had speed out there. I think how Ty didn't coach Jack at all combined with Sark insisting on making an inaccurate QB who is a great athlete into a pocket QB has to be one of the biggest coaching tragedies we've seen.

Jack should have been a Rose Bowl MVP at Montlake and due to piss poor coaching we remember him differently.

this is exactly how I recall things... Jack in his redshirt freshman year was stunning while he ran for his life under Ty's absentee coaching and then Sark walked in and turned a weapon into a project more focused on preparing a kid for the NFL instead of winning games a coach is paid to win. It's actually a pretty tragic story when you think about how many games Jake could have won if utilized properly. This is also why I look forward to Peterson because I think he's about winning vis-a-vis prepping 2 kids per year for the combine.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Dorson Boyce was so good I actually still get emails from Scout.com reminding me that Dorson Boyce is with the Huskies... This kid is more impressive than Kaiser Sochey.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    All 3 5 star JC recruits from San Francsico, the OL, the freak and that QB would have been NFL locks had they played at Oregon State
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Curtis Williams
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TheGlove said:

Curtis Williams

Thread over, we have a winner.
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Depressing. Enough wasted talent to build a solid NFL team.

RIP.
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 710
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hey more_time, without Google can you tell me about Bogan and where Lambo wanted him? Fuck no you can't cunt! Slice? I know Passion can, maybe tailgetter

You lost cred when you said the name Corey Dillon.

Just STFU and let the adults talk. Dillon was the greatest back in the last 50 years. If he had James he leads UW to a natty and wins the heisman.

Instead he had dumb fuck Lambo who you continue to doog it up for.

You are starting to get to be revenge of the nerds territory.

NERDS!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    How does nobody mention Andre Desashure? Kid was awesome his freshman year in 1995 then disappeared in 1996-1997. Then re-emerged in 1998 only to be booted by LamboFS for speaking the truth about Pullman.

I think he even had a cup of coffee in the NFL. He had size and speed as well.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

How does nobody mention Andre Desashure? Kid was awesome his freshman year in 1995 then disappeared in 1996-1997. Then re-emerged in 1998 only to be booted by LamboFS for speaking the truth about Pullman.

He was wasn't here in the last 15 years.

If we're going back to the Lambo era you can just list entire teams.

• Options
    dnc said:

He was wasn't here in the last 15 years.

If we're going back to the Lambo era you can just list entire teams.

So are you saying I need to learn the difference?

Also I have the Slick Rick era pretty well dialed in since I was going to school there despite being 12 years old now. Who the fuck is this DeShaun Hawkins kid? Or is PLSS mixing him up with Eddie Jackson?
  • Options
    QB- Brock Huard
    RB- Dillon, Shehee
    WR- Pathon
    WR- Coleman
    TE- Cleeland
    OL- Kruetz
    OL- Olson
    OL- Coates
    OL- Sapp

DE- Chorak
    DT- Richie
    DT- Issa
    LB- Fiala
    LB- Allega
    LB- Jensen
    LB- Towns
    CB- Miller
    S- Parish

That was your core of the 1996 and 1997 teams(obviously some weren't on the 1997 team).

Once again FUCK YOU LAMBO! That should have been back to back Rose Bowl champs. So fuck Lambo and all his Doog supporters(Hi PLSS!).
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    haie said:

Hasty. Fuck Ty.

Who? Does he play here?

Your eyes are as good as mine.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tripper Johnson, what could have been!