Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The all wasted talent team

Comments

• Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Questions about these guys.

I don't remember some of them that well. With the exception of Brock, the offense rocked.

On D, the LBs were good/great and Parish was a head hunter. Don't remember the DL being that good. After the ND game in 96, Chorak was busted up and the whole line got roughed up by the fighting assholes.

How good was this D line? Miller I don't remember either?

QB- Brock Huard
    RB- Dillon, Shehee
    WR- Pathon
    WR- Coleman
    TE- Cleeland
    OL- Kruetz
    OL- Olson
    OL- Coates
    OL- Sapp

DE- Chorak
    DT- Richie
    DT- Issa
    LB- Fiala
    LB- Allega
    LB- Jensen
    LB- Towns
    CB- Miller
    S- Parish

That was your core of the 1996 and 1997 teams(obviously some weren't on the 1997 team).

Once again FUCK YOU LAMBO! That should have been back to back Rose Bowl champs. So fuck Lambo and all his Doog supporters(Hi PLSS!).

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,318
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2014
    Ty and Sark had a REALLY good safety who was totally wasted, think his name was Lockner or something
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

How does nobody mention Andre Desashure? Kid was awesome his freshman year in 1995 then disappeared in 1996-1997. Then re-emerged in 1998 only to be booted by LamboFS for speaking the truth about Pullman.

I think he even had a cup of coffee in the NFL. He had size and speed as well.

You mean DeSaussure? Cause he had stone hands more_time. Couldn't catch and ran banana routes. That's why he wasn't mentioned. He was a track guy no_clue!
  • Options

QB- Brock Huard
    RB- Dillon, Shehee
    WR- Pathon
    WR- Coleman
    TE- Cleeland
    OL- Kruetz
    OL- Olson
    OL- Coates
    OL- Sapp

DE- Chorak
    DT- Richie
    DT- Issa
    LB- Fiala
    LB- Allega
    LB- Jensen
    LB- Towns
    CB- Miller
    S- Parish

That was your core of the 1996 and 1997 teams(obviously some weren't on the 1997 team).

Once again FUCK YOU LAMBO! That should have been back to back Rose Bowl champs. So fuck Lambo and all his Doog supporters(Hi PLSS!).

How can you get to a rose bowl with only one corner and one safety More_ignance?
  • Options
    And if not for Jake Plummer and an easy interception dropped into the turf by John Fiala vs USC, Lambo would have went to back to back rose bowls you stupid fuck more_cock.

Quit pretending you know something about husky history. You can tell the dipshits who use Google and try to pass it off as their knowledge. My knowledge is first hand from being there. Your's is from reading the Seattle Times , googling and watching a few games on the boob. Fucking idiot!

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

And if not for Jake Plummer and an easy interception dropped into the turf by John Fiala vs USC, Lambo would have went to back to back rose bowls you stupid fuck more_cock.

Quit pretending you know something about husky history. You can tell the dipshits who use Google and try to pass it off as their knowledge. My knowledge is first hand from being there. Your's is from reading the Seattle Times , googling and watching a few games on the boob. Fucking idiot!

I remember well Lambo getting blown out in big games, blowing a 21-0 lead at home to USC, blowing a 24 point lead to WSU only to win in overtime. I remember that well.

Talk to the players dumb fuck, they'll tell you with James they go to bare minimum TWO ROSE BOWLS from 1995-1997.

Keep living up to your reputation as the biggest Doog in this forums by defending Lambo.

His special teams were always a fucking dreckfest(I was actually at the Oregon game in 1995) and his offenses were always predictable.

Lambo was a fucking bum and your revisionist history of him might fly at Doogman but not here.
  • Options
    Blowing a 21-0 lead to John Robinson and Key? The rose bowl champs? Remember the score? A 21-21 tie and gamble by Robinson. I was on the husky 30 yard line ( give or take a few yards) when Fiala dropped that game - winning pick. Right to him, eaaaasy. Game over and Lambo goes to a rose bowl. Oh, it's not Lambo ' s fault Brock couldn't take a hit and Jake Plummer and ASU came within one drive from a nation a l title. Is that Lambo ' s fault? Watch Plummer vs UCLA that year and tell me Lambo failed. He came within a cunt hair from beating ASU, the best team in the country under Bruce Snyder in my opinion.. Lambo's fault UW opened Vs that ASU team? He didn't even know what he had in Dillon yet futt fucker! No warm up games. You waste my time Cockus!
  • Options
    You can always tell the closet Doogs by who defend Lambo as a HC.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

And by the blaming the players script.
  • Options

And by the blaming the players script.
    Yes change the names from Lambo to Sark in his rant and it sounded like a classic Doog rant from Doogman.

• Options

Blowing a 21-0 lead to John Robinson and Key? The rose bowl champs? Remember the score? A 21-21 tie and gamble by Robinson. I was on the husky 30 yard line ( give or take a few yards) when Fiala dropped that game - winning pick. Right to him, eaaaasy. Game over and Lambo goes to a rose bowl. Oh, it's not Lambo ' s fault Brock couldn't take a hit and Jake Plummer and ASU came within one drive from a nation a l title. Is that Lambo ' s fault? Watch Plummer vs UCLA that year and tell me Lambo failed. He came within a cunt hair from beating ASU, the best team in the country under Bruce Snyder in my opinion.. Lambo's fault UW opened Vs that ASU team? He didn't even know what he had in Dillon yet futt fucker! No warm up games. You waste my time Cockus!

I was at the USC game too dumb ass. I used to go to plenty of games on crisp fall afternoons with my dad in the 90's before going to school there during the Rick years.

I remember USC tied it up 21-21 with under a minute left. UW still had the ball knowing that USC held tiebreaker that year since your Lambo blew the ND game(USC was 2-1 OOC, UW was 1-2). What did Lambo do? Go for the win with a 5th year senior QB? Nope try three hand offs up the middle to Richard Thomas as the crowd rain boos down on Lambo.

You are right I don't remember shit from that era. I don't remember how UW went from John Whales to Randy Jones to Nick Lentz to Jim Skurski as their kickers to finally landing on a walk-on WR from Gig Harbor Joe Jarzenka who was surprisingly not bad at FG's. Good call I don't remember that at all.

I don't remember UW being a 24 point favorite against Oregon and watching Oregon players coming out fired up while UW looked asleep in 1997. Oregon led 24-6 at halftime, then UW storms back only to give up the game winning drive to Akili Smith. Good call I don't remember that at all.

I don't remember Geoff Prince being hurt against ND late so deep in our own endzone up 21-14, John Whales has a punt blocked for a TD. Then Holtz goes for 2 and Lambo wasn't prepared so Mayes was wide open on the fade to take the lead 22-21. Then UW is driving but Huard throws a pick six. Good call I don't remember that either.

Stop being such an arrogant prick for once and realize that others know that era too. I lived through that era, that era was my fucking wheelhouse. I know more about the Lambo era than the Boobs, NAACP and Dude Brah era as I actually gave a fuck back then.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was at the USC game too dumb ass. I used to go to plenty of games on crisp fall afternoons with my dad in the 90's before going to school there during the Rick years.

I remember USC tied it up 21-21 with under a minute left. UW still had the ball knowing that USC held tiebreaker that year since your Lambo blew the ND game(USC was 2-1 OOC, UW was 1-2). What did Lambo do? Go for the win with a 5th year senior QB? Nope try three hand offs up the middle to Richard Thomas as the crowd rain boos down on Lambo.

You are right I don't remember shit from that era. I don't remember how UW went from John Whales to Randy Jones to Nick Lentz to Jim Skurski as their kickers to finally landing on a walk-on WR from Gig Harbor Joe Jarzenka who was surprisingly not bad at FG's. Good call I don't remember that at all.

I don't remember UW being a 24 point favorite against Oregon and watching Oregon players coming out fired up while UW looked asleep in 1997. Oregon led 24-6 at halftime, then UW storms back only to give up the game winning drive to Akili Smith. Good call I don't remember that at all.

I don't remember Geoff Prince being hurt against ND late so deep in our own endzone up 21-14, John Whales has a punt blocked for a TD. Then Holtz goes for 2 and Lambo wasn't prepared so Mayes was wide open on the fade to take the lead 22-21. Then UW is driving but Huard throws a pick six. Good call I don't remember that either.

Stop being such an arrogant prick for once and realize that others know that era too. I lived through that era, that era was my fucking wheelhouse. I know more about the Lambo era than the Boobs, NAACP and Dude Brah era as I actually gave a fuck back then.
    The 21-21 USC game is my first memory of a Husky game. I had been to games before, but that one stuck with me. I remember hearing about Keyshawn Johnson and how good USC was and we were taking it to them 21-0. That was bad coaching. I don't specifically remember the Fiala play, but that's like doogs who say Sark would have won if Coons hit a FG or if so and so didn't fumble.

The 97 Oregon game was Tui's first start. Shehee was out too. My dad's friend was so pissed he left at halftime. Exciting 2nd half, and I remember Ja'Warren Hooker having a big catch or two. Like you said, Smith led a drive and either Mel Miller or Jermaine Smith (can't remember which one) got beat deep at the end. We got plungered the next week by UCLA and then a loss to WSU. Looks like Sark wasn't the only one who enjoyed three game losing streaks.

Puppy, you are my favorite poster on the board but Lambo sucked. He deserved to get fired. Getting plungered in the Sun Bowl to Iowa, 7-4 seasons with very good talent, etc. The guy underachieved. Doogs like to think his teams were tough, but they really weren't. His defenses were not great either, especially for a "defensive guru."

• Options
    It really was a shame James walked out when he did or at the very least stick it out for a year then retire. If he retires after 1993 with the way UW was at the time they could have landed any high profiled coach in the country as they were a top 5 program.

The 1994, 1996 and 1997 teams were vastly more talented than the 2000 team. The 1997 team in particular had they been properly coached could have been up there with the 1991 and 1984 teams.

His defenses were solid but his defenses would always get plunger raped 2-3 times a year(sound familiar?), always give up the last game winning TD/FG or tying TD/FG to lose the game when the game was on the line, would rack up numbers in blowouts(sound familiar?) and ultimately despite all that talent would always lose 4+ games a year(again sound familliar?).

Had Lambo took over during a different time his W-L would resemble Sark's awful 34-29 record.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    RoadDawg hit the nail on the head. Puppysteel is also my favorite poaster here but Lambo sucked. I didn't think that initially because I was young and unaware of the impact of coaching. But its crystal fucking clear now. Don't forget he also coached in an era when the conference wasn't good. Had he coached in the last decade he'd have been a 500 coach.

Don't forget the 1994 team which lost to USC by 7 on the road but beat Ohio St and Miami in the same fucking season only to blow the game to Oregon, lose to 2 win Stanford team and then to WSU. Even though that team was on probation it would have been a Rose Bowl team under James.

Fuck, even the 1993 team could have gone to the Rose Bowl. It was 1 game out and blew an early big lead to UCLA and later lost to a mediocre ASU team.

1995 and 1997 are the most painful husky seasons recently as both should have been Rose Bowls as everyone has documented. The 1995 Oregon loss was more painful than any other as it cost us a Rose Bowl and gave their program not only confidence but justified arrogance.

1996 I do agree with PuppySteel. That was an outstanding ASU team. The best they've ever had. The year before they were 6-5 they almost beat us the first game and then got better throughout the season and were very hot at the end of the season. But, if not for Corey Dillon that is another 7-win Lambo special.

Its sad because James had laid the foundation for a Osborne or Bowden type run. I think UW would have had at least 9 titles in 11 years (90-00) instead of 5 (if you count the 95 tie).

Good news is we have Petersen and our trajectory is up while for others (Oregon, USC, Stanford) its peaked or turning down.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Lewis Jones #1. Only Freshman (Red Shirt) to play in 91. Slated to start , Lambright shit canned him in 92, never heard from again
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You guys need to stop sucking puppy off.

He's only funny on a rare occasion. The rest of the time he's in imaloser territory.

More everyone else, less quad.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

He's only funny on a rare occasion. The rest of the time he's in imaloser territory.

FO, G. He's funny.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    TheGlove said:

RD, RYK.

Now, more than ever before, FO, G.

• Options
    TheGlove said:

Glove is right. Wish Harv was still here to regulate.

The fact nobody but myself called him out on his Dooging of Lambo speaks volumes.

This bored has reached Doogman territory.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

TheGlove said:

Glove is right. Wish Harv was still here to regulate.

The fact nobody but myself called him out on his Dooging of Lambo speaks volumes.

This bored has reached Doogman territory.
    Hi there.

If you're reading PLSS for football content, you're doing it wrong.