Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Student loan forgiveness: Biden promise to forgive $10,000 in debt remains unfulfilled

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I will bill them for $100k I paid cash for for my kids.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,916
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Decided vote buying by child tax credit was better than vote buying a bunch of SJW baristas that are voting Dem anyway.

Suburban Karens would not be happy with student loan bailouts.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Biden is getting Trillions to dole out. How hard would it be for him to “forgive” some paltry amount say $2-5 grand across the board and fly the “Mission Accomplished” banner one more time?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    It wouldn’t be hard. It’s not as popular as Kobe wants you to think it is, or it would have happened. Same with green new deal, if it was why it was cracked up to be, there’d be a written bill. Both are better as theoretical talking points for crazy blue districts.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

You’re coming from a place of privilege
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I thought at least one had a scholly?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    5k and not a dime more. For reasons
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

I thought at least one had a scholly?
    Partial.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,845
    If this gets the fucking millennials to STFU, $10K is worth it. Pay it and move on.

Same with goddamned reparations bullshit. Pay $10K and then STFU, too.

Mostly just STFU.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

If this gets the fucking millennials to STFU, $10K is worth it. Pay it and move on.

Same with goddamned reparations bullshit. Pay $10K and then STFU, too.

Mostly just STFU.

They won’t STFU though. Just like slavery reparations won’t end any of the racism industrial complex.
    How can you expect them to be silent when gays and blacks don’t have equal rights in this country?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    Founders Club
    edited July 2021

Mixed feelings on student loan forgiveness. On one hand, loans should be repaid. Nobody made them take the student loan. On the other hand, academia has been a huge racket for awhile.

An 18 year old with no credit can’t get a $10,000 loan to open a business, but they will give the same 18 year old $100,000 to attend college.

The key question is why is it that student loans are the only loans of which you can't default via bankruptcy? Why?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Mixed feelings on student loan forgiveness. On one hand, loans should be repaid. Nobody made them take the student loan. On the other hand, academia has been a huge racket for awhile.

An 18 year old with no credit can’t get a $10,000 loan to open a business, but they will give the same 18 year old $100,000 to attend college.

The key question is why is it that student loans are the only loans of which you can't default via bankruptcy? Why?
    Joe knows why.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/02/joe-biden-student-loan-debt-2005-act-2020
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Joe knows why.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/02/joe-biden-student-loan-debt-2005-act-2020
    In December of 2019 the media still dared to criticize Joe
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,845

Because the fucktardery of incurring six figure debt for a sociology degree is beyond forgiveness.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,804
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Because I would have coasted through a JD / MBA and wiped the slate clean on day 1. And I’m not the only one. The math isn’t hard
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

Because I would have coasted through a JD / MBA and wiped the slate clean on day 1. And I’m not the only one. The math isn’t hard
    Then lenders wouldn't lend for bullshit. Seems like a good solution.