Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Recruiting: are we on hold until the Michigan game?

TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,676 Founders Club
@sonics1993 @DerekJohnson @fudgie @AnyoneThatKnowsJack have any feeling for this? The early targets seem to have
been fulfilled with the exception of a couple of guys that haven't committed yet is the way that this feels and otherwise
this feels quiet.. is the feeling that the coaching staff is willing to wait to have a a shot at some talented guys that would
look at us more seriously after the Michigan game ~ assuming that we have a good showing in the big house and as
expected Oregon and UCLA get crushed in their out of conference games in the pre season?

The other question, is there any concentrated effort to put together a composite of a booster supported packaging system
to deliver serious level payments to existing and prospective students? That would be real inside information that probably
only a stellar few entities like @ballz, @puppylove_sugarsteel and @DickWad would know, but hey, maybe someone has some
knowledge that they would be willing to share.

Comments

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,676 Founders Club
    Derek has a psychedelic understanding of the workings of the universe ~ and still has a lot of great contacts.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    ntxduck said:

You think recruits care about the results of individual games?

Doogs want to doog
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,922 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    UW doesn't have to recruit. Real Dawgs are beating down the door ready to walk on, and *we fill in around them via the portal.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,702 Swaye's Wigwam

Waiting for Tafiti and Otton to commit. After that, try to get Josh Conerly to stay.

There's a couple other guys like Iuli and Kanu that I guess we are still recruiting. I assume Will Harris is waiting until the season starts to offer a couple 3* DBs that are 'diamonds in the rough'. And then probably 1-2 other guys that get offered late that we decide to take. Go Dawgs!

1-2 Walk ons that get offered late ?
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,062 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

Waiting for Tafiti and Otton to commit. After that, try to get Josh Conerly to stay.

There's a couple other guys like Iuli and Kanu that I guess we are still recruiting. I assume Will Harris is waiting until the season starts to offer a couple 3* DBs that are 'diamonds in the rough'. And then probably 1-2 other guys that get offered late that we decide to take. Go Dawgs!

I do think we will see more late offers than usual as kids play their Senior seasons. Junior seasons for many kids were fucked so there are big chunks of game and camp film that don't exist for kids, especially out West. Junior seasons are huge for recruiting and many kids didn't have em. There actually could be an atypical number of real gems that pop up late and forego December signing because of this. Here's to hoping that helps us land some quality DBs. Hard to trust Will/Terrance though. If our DB recruiting gets any more exciting, a funeral is going to break out.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,355 Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

No, i actually don't ~ but i do think that the triad of UW/ Mich, Oregon / OSU and UCLA / LSU games will influence perception regarding the 2021Pac 12 hierarchy which may impact recruiting for a percentage of recruits
    Lol. Oregon could lose to Ohio state 100-0 and UW could beat Michigan’s ass and Oregon would finish with a better class.

Quook it up
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,676 Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

No, i actually don't ~ but i do think that the triad of UW/ Mich, Oregon / OSU and UCLA / LSU games will influence perception regarding the 2021Pac 12 hierarchy which may impact recruiting for a percentage of recruits
    Lol. Oregon could lose to Ohio state 100-0 and UW could beat Michigan’s ass and Oregon would finish with a better class.
    I am not making an argument regarding the eventual comparative classes, I'm talking about the early season evolving perception that may affect a few recruits that we have an interest in ~ saying that, since you have brought it up, Oregon has historically had a hard time hanging onto recruits during years where the hype does not match the results. Not saying that will happen but hype does work both ways.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,494 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

In terms of star rating or diamond roughness? This is just an empty statement unless you label your units of measure.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,355 Founders Club

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

In terms of star rating or diamond roughness? This is just an empty statement unless you label your units of measure.
    Decommitments after the 100 to zero loss
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,261 Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

UW is 1-2 with a Win in Anne Arbor and 2 losses to Montana and Arkansas state

Hero: