Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Recruiting: are we on hold until the Michigan game?

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,922 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

You think recruits care about the results of individual games?

No, i actually don't ~ but i do think that the triad of UW/ Mich, Oregon / OSU and UCLA / LSU games will influence perception regarding the 2021Pac 12 hierarchy which may impact recruiting for a percentage of recruits
    Lol. Oregon could lose to Ohio state 100-0 and UW could beat Michigan’s ass and Oregon would finish with a better class.
    Christ. You're not usually such a quook. Or did I mix you up with someone, say trueblue or DJ?
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482

@sonics1993 @DerekJohnson @fudgie @AnyoneThatKnowsJack have any feeling for this? The early targets seem to have
    been fulfilled with the exception of a couple of guys that haven't committed yet is the way that this feels and otherwise
    this feels quiet.. is the feeling that the coaching staff is willing to wait to have a a shot at some talented guys that would
    look at us more seriously after the Michigan game ~ assuming that we have a good showing in the big house and as
    expected Oregon and UCLA get crushed in their out of conference games in the pre season?

The other question, is there any concentrated effort to put together a composite of a booster supported packaging system
    to deliver serious level payments to existing and prospective students? That would be real inside information that probably
    only a stellar few entities like @ballz, @puppylove_sugarsteel and @DickWad would know, but hey, maybe someone has some
    knowledge that they would be willing to share.

- If Tafiti and Otton commit, that gives them 10 commits leaving five spots open. The only other players they are recruiting are Kanu who they have a slight shot with, Jahil Tucker who isn't considering them right now, and Florence. I expect some more offers to go out in the fall after the first few games as there are players on the board that they want to see more game tape from before offering. But honestly, I don't think they really have a plan on what they are going to do with the five open spots.
    What about Conerly and Luli?
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 792

@sonics1993 @DerekJohnson @fudgie @AnyoneThatKnowsJack have any feeling for this? The early targets seem to have
    been fulfilled with the exception of a couple of guys that haven't committed yet is the way that this feels and otherwise
    this feels quiet.. is the feeling that the coaching staff is willing to wait to have a a shot at some talented guys that would
    look at us more seriously after the Michigan game ~ assuming that we have a good showing in the big house and as
    expected Oregon and UCLA get crushed in their out of conference games in the pre season?

The other question, is there any concentrated effort to put together a composite of a booster supported packaging system
    to deliver serious level payments to existing and prospective students? That would be real inside information that probably
    only a stellar few entities like @ballz, @puppylove_sugarsteel and @DickWad would know, but hey, maybe someone has some

- If Tafiti and Otton commit, that gives them 10 commits leaving five spots open. The only other players they are recruiting are Kanu who they have a slight shot with, Jahil Tucker who isn't considering them right now, and Florence. I expect some more offers to go out in the fall after the first few games as there are players on the board that they want to see more game tape from before offering. But honestly, I don't think they really have a plan on what they are going to do with the five open spots.
    C'mon, you're just fronting skepticism because you know that's what sells around here. Tell us the real truth about how Jimmy is biding his time to fuck last and fuck loudest.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,563
    chuck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

No, i actually don't ~ but i do think that the triad of UW/ Mich, Oregon / OSU and UCLA / LSU games will influence perception regarding the 2021Pac 12 hierarchy which may impact recruiting for a percentage of recruits
    Lol. Oregon could lose to Ohio state 100-0 and UW could beat Michigan’s ass and Oregon would finish with a better class.
    Christ. You're not usually such a quook. Or did I mix you up with someone, say trueblue or DJ?
    I mean, oregons gonna get our ass beat in Colombus so it’s not that unlikely. It’s more of a knock on that kids are fucking stupid and don’t really care about the trajectory of programs. Relationship with the coaches is always #1. Barring Mario going to Miami, there’s not much that I see changing that
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,495 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

I mean, oregons gonna get our ass beat in Colombus so it’s not that unlikely. It’s more of a knock on that kids are fucking stupid and don’t really care about the trajectory of programs. Relationship with the coaches is always #1. Barring Mario going to Miami, there’s not much that I see changing that
    When Oregon gets butt slammed in Columbus, other schools not located in Eugene will negatively recruit hard.

Meat won't be living off his senior Wiscy rose bowl schtick anymore.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Five open spots, lol. We’re full!!!
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,922 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

It was a swipe where none was called for. Nobody but you inferred from his post that UWs class rating would surpass Oregon's. Actually you didn't either. You just felt like quooking. Own it.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,693 Swaye's Wigwam

They do

Scholarships to walk-ons
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,859 Founders Club

They do

Scholarships to walk-on kickers, punters, long snappers, and H-Backs.
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

When Oregon gets butt slammed in Columbus, other schools not located in Eugene will negatively recruit hard.

Meat won't be living off his senior Wiscy rose bowl schtick anymore.
    Yes. The rose bowl was the last game Oregon played in
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Yep. This year's results will have a lot to do with next year's recruiting class, as always. Very little impact on this year's class.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    edited July 2021

Conerly seems like the focus for all five spots.

What about Iuli?

And what about Morrison? Are we 100 percent out of it? Seems like he's wavering. Yes, I know water is wet and Harris sucks at recruiting blue chips.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Beno4Life said:

What about Iuli?

And what about Morrison? Are we 100 percent out of it? Seems like he's wavering. Yes, I know water is wet and Harris sucks at recruiting blue chips.
    FTFY
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

What about Iuli?

Now it's fixed
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    dnc said:

What about Iuli?

Now it's fixed
    Found this mention from a LA-based high school coach, who kinda starred in the article with his comments, of Harris quite shocking:

Which assistant coaches on the trail have impressed you the most?
    "I love Al Washington, the linebacker coach at Ohio State. Coach (Matt) Barnes, the DBs coach at Ohio State. (Ohio State DC) Kerry Coombs. Brent Venables, the DC at Clemson. Coach (Brandon) Streeter at Clemson. … (Defensive backs coach) Will Harris at Washington. … (Director of player personnel) Ethan Young at UCLA. Even though they’re slow, he’s thorough. Jeff Martin, who’s at USC now (as director of scouting and player relations), was really good. (Analyst) Collin D’Angelo at LSU. (Cal outside linebackers coach) Keith Heyward is a beast. Oregon, watch, they’re not going to land as many guys without Keith."

https://theathletic.com/2705858/2021/07/14/uscs-not-winning-and-uclas-not-offering-a-survey-of-californias-college-football-recruiting-power-struggles/
    ‘USC’s not winning and UCLA’s not offering’: A survey of California’s college football recruiting power struggles
    dnc said:

What about Iuli?

Now it's fixed
    I gotta say, as a friend of will Harris, I really hope he turns it around. Super charismatic, funny guy. Not sure what the issue is so far.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,355 Founders Club
    Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

What about Iuli?

Now it's fixed
    Found this mention from a LA-based high school coach, who kinda starred in the article with his comments, of Harris quite shocking:

Which assistant coaches on the trail have impressed you the most?
    "I love Al Washington, the linebacker coach at Ohio State. Coach (Matt) Barnes, the DBs coach at Ohio State. (Ohio State DC) Kerry Coombs. Brent Venables, the DC at Clemson. Coach (Brandon) Streeter at Clemson. … (Defensive backs coach) Will Harris at Washington. … (Director of player personnel) Ethan Young at UCLA. Even though they’re slow, he’s thorough. Jeff Martin, who’s at USC now (as director of scouting and player relations), was really good. (Analyst) Collin D’Angelo at LSU. (Cal outside linebackers coach) Keith Heyward is a beast. Oregon, watch, they’re not going to land as many guys without Keith."

https://theathletic.com/2705858/2021/07/14/uscs-not-winning-and-uclas-not-offering-a-survey-of-californias-college-football-recruiting-power-struggles/
    ‘USC’s not winning and UCLA’s not offering’: A survey of California’s college football recruiting power struggles
    ntxduck said:

dnc said:

What about Iuli?

Now it's fixed
    I gotta say, as a friend of will Harris, I really hope he turns it around. Super charismatic, funny guy. Not sure what the issue is so far.
    The issue is a familiar one. This board hates coaches.

I'll take your first hand report since it is classic confirmation bias that we? really aren't headed for Owen12 again