Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What was the most fun summer of your life?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
2009 for me, rather easily.

I dropped the big one on BitchFace Mrs Snow 1.0 in the late summer of '08 and the ink was dry by early winter.

By early spring of '09 it was apparent @89ute wasn't going to share any of his sister wives with me and the best course for me was to return to the Puget Sound to spawn.

My triumphant return to Seattle also coincided with being a man of leisure for a spell. I used my Obama bucks to rent a humble, basement room from an old college pal. But this was no ordinary basement: it featured a 9' x 5', slate pool table, full bar with kegerator, and, of course, the renowned YellaPiss high fidelity system.

I spent most of the summer yacht racing on Lake Union or tubing down the Snoqualmie, and smoking a lot of weed - that is for a square like me - and talking shit. I even managed to dole out a few good, honest poundings, and whiffed on a few others.

Alas, by the spring of 2010 I was a kept man once again, with no more debauched summers to be had.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam

2006. Started track riding, started dating the beard, had a cool car and more money than I knew what to do with, was out at the bars having fun constantly, went on some amazing rides, and attended my first MotoGP race at Laguna-Seca (pretty epic trip down in a box van with a keg in the back).

Corkscrew corner!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Lived in Puerto Vallarta for 2 months "working" for the tour company for people doing their senior trips.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fishpo31 said:

Mine would probably be 1999 and 2000. Was thinking of getting out of Beisbol, and suddenly got a phone call from a buddy about a "summer job"...Lasted for 2 summers. It was to coach in the Cape Cod League, which is where the top college kids play in the summer. Got paid a little, got paid a lot more running summer camps.

I was in between marriages, housing was provided. Another coach came in, he was a big time attorney, and leased a car for the summer, and he was my chauffeur. We played six nights a week, and took clothes with us on the away games for post-game exploration, and explore we did. Almost got arrested on the ferry from the Vineyard (ILTCITV, IWILTD) when he passed out and we couldn't find him to move the car when it docked. Every July fourth I think back to watching fireworks with tall ships in the harbor, listening to the Boston Pops...

Our GM owned a liquor store, and he took care of us. Another coach was a great cook, and we would have seafood feasts every Sunday night at the skipper's pad.

Carly Simon signing the National Anthem at one of our games was a highlight, as was watching Keith Richards sign women's naked chests at a club on the Vineyard. All Star Game in Boston...Was an extra in the movie Summer Catch (left on the cutting room floor). Met lots of cool people, some famous, some not, some are friends to this day. Several local watering holes hooked us up for the summer.

It was baseball, beer and broads for 2 solid months, which was nice, at that time in my life. Opened up some doors professionally for me, all while getting drunk and chasing skirts...CSB

I swear I saw some rom-com about this a few years back.
    I'm waiting on the residuals...
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    Fishpo31 said:

Fishpo31 said:

Mine would probably be 1999 and 2000. Was thinking of getting out of Beisbol, and suddenly got a phone call from a buddy about a "summer job"...Lasted for 2 summers. It was to coach in the Cape Cod League, which is where the top college kids play in the summer. Got paid a little, got paid a lot more running summer camps.

I was in between marriages, housing was provided. Another coach came in, he was a big time attorney, and leased a car for the summer, and he was my chauffeur. We played six nights a week, and took clothes with us on the away games for post-game exploration, and explore we did. Almost got arrested on the ferry from the Vineyard (ILTCITV, IWILTD) when he passed out and we couldn't find him to move the car when it docked. Every July fourth I think back to watching fireworks with tall ships in the harbor, listening to the Boston Pops...

Our GM owned a liquor store, and he took care of us. Another coach was a great cook, and we would have seafood feasts every Sunday night at the skipper's pad.

Carly Simon signing the National Anthem at one of our games was a highlight, as was watching Keith Richards sign women's naked chests at a club on the Vineyard. All Star Game in Boston...Was an extra in the movie Summer Catch (left on the cutting room floor). Met lots of cool people, some famous, some not, some are friends to this day. Several local watering holes hooked us up for the summer.

It was baseball, beer and broads for 2 solid months, which was nice, at that time in my life. Opened up some doors professionally for me, all while getting drunk and chasing skirts...CSB

I swear I saw some rom-com about this a few years back.
    I'm waiting on the residuals...
    When Summer Catch came on the tube, watched it with the family...at the end, one of my daughters commented that "All they do is play ball, get drunk, and try to hook up. It that what it was like?" For players and coaches, yep...

Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

There were a sting of summers in the early 90s that were pretty glorious. I'll pick 1992 if I have to pick one but that's not really from memory. They all blend together.

Several of my friends and I all came back to our home town for the summers during college and all had seasonal jobs (mostly fire but mine was in fisheries) at the forest service. Huge crews of other kida our age would come from all over the country for the same reason and pile into the bunkhouse for the summer.

We had a nice house on five acres that we took care of for three straight summers and it became the hub for all the cool kids (and very liberal, experimental though sometimes stinky chicks in really good shape). All we did was work, swim or fish, BBQ, drink, take drugs, and screw.

I always wanted to make sexy time with a gal that loved fishing. But then I would have been in love with myself basically. Beware that which is too good to be true.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

There were a sting of summers in the early 90s that were pretty glorious. I'll pick 1992 if I have to pick one but that's not really from memory. They all blend together.

Several of my friends and I all came back to our home town for the summers during college and all had seasonal jobs (mostly fire but mine was in fisheries) at the forest service. Huge crews of other kida our age would come from all over the country for the same reason and pile into the bunkhouse for the summer.

We had a nice house on five acres that we took care of for three straight summers and it became the hub for all the cool kids (and very liberal, experimental though sometimes stinky chicks in really good shape). All we did was work, swim or fish, BBQ, drink, take drugs, and screw.

I always wanted to make sexy time with a gal that loved fishing. But then I would have been in love with myself basically. Beware that which is too good to be true.
    You go blind doing that.

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    The early 90's, basic jobs to keep me drinking and going to Dead shows.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

I’m the biggest Dead poser of all time. Jerry died too soon!
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

alumni94 said:

I’m the biggest Dead poser of all time. Jerry died too soon!
    I had friends who traveled to every dead show they could. That's how we got our LSD.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Somewhere in '98-'01 I suppose? Not sure I could rank those, at this point they're a bit blurred together anyway.
    Lots of travel and was in great health. Grad school provided access to a lot of premium trim, while the job gave money to actually do something about it. I'm not exactly proud of treating some of those women like stamps, but I wouldn't say i regret it either.
    Cheers--
    Swaye's Wigwam

1995 was a summer of debauchery. Started late Spring getting spit on by Alanis Morissette at a concert; broke my buddy's rib in the mosh pit at an Offspring show; Eiffel Towered a 50 something Coastie with my buddy in Depoe Bay; rode a 220lb whale at my parents house, left her there, and she woke my dad up @ 1AM for a ride back to the bar; had a loaded 45 pointed at my head during a coke buy with 2 national champion wrestlers and an enormous Samoan named Tiny; woke up in the middle of an apt courtyard at 6AM wrapped in a sheet stuck to my skin from my cock yogurt, and had to walk to a Plaid Pantry in the bed sheet to call my buddy for a ride; 3 trips to County lock-up for assorted drunk “offenses”; paid a stripper to give my company CEO a handy in the boom boom room at the Dolphin; was involved in a massive bar brawl; nailed a girl from my high school (NBD) then got her roommate the next weekend. Fun tims indeed

Cock yogurt? I’ve never even heard that from Pumpeii
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

1995 was a summer of debauchery. Started late Spring getting spit on by Alanis Morissette at a concert; broke my buddy's rib in the mosh pit at an Offspring show; Eiffel Towered a 50 something Coastie with my buddy in Depoe Bay; rode a 220lb whale at my parents house, left her there, and she woke my dad up @ 1AM for a ride back to the bar; had a loaded 45 pointed at my head during a coke buy with 2 national champion wrestlers and an enormous Samoan named Tiny; woke up in the middle of an apt courtyard at 6AM wrapped in a sheet stuck to my skin from my cock yogurt, and had to walk to a Plaid Pantry in the bed sheet to call my buddy for a ride; 3 trips to County lock-up for assorted drunk “offenses”; paid a stripper to give my company CEO a handy in the boom boom room at the Dolphin; was involved in a massive bar brawl; nailed a girl from my high school (NBD) then got her roommate the next weekend. Fun tims indeed

I just want to know what Eiffel Tower means when used as a verb.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I just want to know what Eiffel Tower means when used as a verb.
    #MeToo

Also how tall we talking at 220 lbs? Sometimes this isn't even obese on a woman technically speaking.