Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington's Big recruiting weekend

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

@sonics1993

What's your take on the coaching staff and how they view the overall state of recruiting?

Is there any recognition that last year was a regression in our recruiting?

Is it clear within the staff that there are large disparities between coaches who can recruit and coaches that can't(comparing Huff and Will Harris for example) and how are those disparities viewed?

Welcome back!

They don't recognize it. Jimmy believes they are superior in development and their process works. It's why he refuses to hire coaches outside of the program.
    So Harris won’t get/take any blue chip guys or he tries some and gives up pretty easy and goes for layups?

Maybe it was Jimmy’s call to get Bookie through the portal and not Will Harris because that’s the kind of guy who does not seem reachable for us otherwise.
    Harris tries, he just gets friend-zoned a lot.
    But he looks cool, how is he not Bruce Wayne?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Jimmy should sell recruits on how bad UW is at developing talent

That would require Jimmy actually talking to the recruits.
    Is Jimmy such an arrogant asshole now that he thinks he's too big time to interact with recruits?
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    Why did Jimmy and Will Harris take this unranked recruit for 21 are we missing something here
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There is always room for talent
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    Which of the 5 visitors commits first?
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @sonics1993 -Is it Conerly or bust or would we take Agbo as well? Did Luli want to leave the state?
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,268
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thanks for the info and observation Sonics

Does UW keep pushing into Texas and east b/c they don't think there is legitimately enough talent on the West Coast to fill a class?

Tequilla asked the ? below and I think it's such a good one, I'd love to hear your thoughts as well.

What would you say is most likely with Lake? He gets humbled at the college level from the recruiting standpoint or that he has 3-4 strong years and then jumps to the NFL if they come calling?
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

@sonics1993

What's your take on the coaching staff and how they view the overall state of recruiting?

Is there any recognition that last year was a regression in our recruiting?

Is it clear within the staff that there are large disparities between coaches who can recruit and coaches that can't(comparing Huff and Will Harris for example) and how are those disparities viewed?

Welcome back!

They don't recognize it. Jimmy believes they are superior in development and their process works. It's why he refuses to hire coaches outside of the program.
    The good/bad of the 2021 season is that if this team goes 12-1, wins the North, and wins the P12, it's just going to further reinforce this line of thinking within Jimmy.

His biggest red flag as a coach is that he thinks he's the smartest person in the room ... which will continue to be the case until he's either proven to be such or he has a season where he gets humbled.

As an aside, interesting interview with Hopkins on The Athletic today talking about the program makeover ... he talked a lot about how he lost culture, etc. that was obviously true. But he made another interesting observation ... regardless of all of that you've got to have players as without it the rest still doesn't matter.

Ultimately, that's the balance that Jimmy's got to walk is in getting the players that fit what they want in the program with the players that they can make the best possible players in college ... the highest ranked guys aren't always the highest ranked guys after the fact.

What would you say is most likely with Lake? He gets humbled at the college level from the recruiting standpoint or that he has 3-4 strong years and then jumps to the NFL if they come calling?
    His dream job is going to the NFL but the NFL isn't really interested in defensive coaches from college. I expect him to get humbled in the next couple of years.
  • Options

So still lazy?

Do you think he wants to get fired?
    He hired Bob Gregory as his DC so my answer is yes. If that move along with hiring a GA as our DL coach doesn't tell you about his thinking and the direction of the program then I can't help you.
  • Options

@sonics1993 -Is it Conerly or bust or would we take Agbo as well? Did Luli want to leave the state?

Still talking with Luli but he isn't interested. He wants to leave the state. It's Conerly or bust at this point.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam

So still lazy?

He hired Bob Gregory as his DC so my answer is yes. If that move along with hiring a GA as our DL coach doesn't tell you about his thinking and the direction of the program then I can't help you.
    So Jimmy is lazy and wants to get fired and thinks he's NFL ready but they don't.

You know, I think you're right. You can't help me
  • Options
    godawgst said:

Thanks for the info and observation Sonics

Does UW keep pushing into Texas and east b/c they don't think there is legitimately enough talent on the West Coast to fill a class?

Tequilla asked the ? below and I think it's such a good one, I'd love to hear your thoughts as well.

The texas movement is because the talent level in Cali is declining. The goal is to get 1-2 players each year from Texas. If they can do that then they think it's a success.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Still talking with Luli but he isn't interested. He wants to leave the state. It's Conerly or bust at this point.
    So they don't want Agbo?

• Options
    dnc said:

So they don't want Agbo?

They started to cool on him due to him being out of shape and him wanting to be the left tackle of the class.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

So still lazy?

Tells me that he thinks whatever he touches turns to gold