Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington's Big recruiting weekend

After a year of having no official visits, we only have one weekend set up with official visotrs. Oh, and it will only have 5-6 uncommitted recruits attending. Man, you know it's bad when Stanford has more official visits lined up.

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

After a year of having no official visits, we only have one weekend set up with official visotrs. Oh, and it will only have 5-6 uncommitted recruits attending. Man, you know it's bad when Stanford has more official visits lined up.

How are things looking for JTT and Morrison right now?
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394

Sonics wb glad to have you back. Always appreciated your sentiments.
  • Options
    Of the 6 visitors max, how many of those do you think will end up committing?
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2021

How are things looking for JTT and Morrison right now?
    I got Washington for Morrison and for JTT; I don't know until he finishes his official visits.
  • Options
    ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    Would you say recruiting is at least trending upwards? Or have we learned nothing in the past year.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    The consensus among most is that UW will take a small class this year 14-17.

Going off what you know or gut feeling. Think we can at least be 50/50 on our bcr this year?

We can almost do no worse than last years debacle.
  • Options

Would you say recruiting is at least trending upwards? Or have we learned nothing in the past year.

It's a little better but nowhere near where it should be. ASU, Oregon, and USC are tier 1 right now and we are in tier 2 with UCLA, Utah, and Cal.
  • Options
    And Josh Cornely OT. Does UW have a legit chance of landing him? I got more confidence in Scott Huff than the other coaches.
  • Options

Going off what you know or gut feeling. Think we can at least be 50/50 on our bcr this year?

We got Bennard which gives us one, and if we are going off the 247 composite rankings, I see us landing Morrison, Otton, Emeka, and Tafiti, making it five. The only other two recruits we are in it for that would count is Kanu and Connerly. I'm not ready to predict either of them to go to Washington, so my answer right now would be no.
  • Options

And Josh Cornely OT. Does UW have a legit chance of landing him? I got more confidence in Scott Huff than the other coaches.

They have a legit chance but have to win on the field.
  • Options
    ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    Any chance with Pollard? Any surprise names that have strong interest in us? Did we stop talking to Sir Mells after he de-commited? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2021

We got Bennard which gives us one, and if we are going off the 247 composite rankings, I see us landing Morrison, Otton, Emeka, and Tafiti, making it five. The only other two recruits we are in it for that would count is Kanu and Connerly. I'm not ready to predict either of them to go to Washington, so my answer right now would be no.
    Your answer is based on current composite rankings correct? Some seem to think that Bogan will be a top 247 player or at least a 4 star by the end of 2022 season. Not sure of anyone else can earn their 4th star.

Edit maybe Ben Roberts or Vega Loane.
  • Options

Your answer is based on current composite rankings correct? Some seem to think that Bogan will be a top 247 player or at least a 4 star by the end of 2022 season. Not sure of anyone else can earn their 4th star.

Edit maybe Ben Roberts or Vega Loane.
    Correct, it is based on 247 composite.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Any chance with Pollard? Any surprise names that have strong interest in us? Did we stop talking to Sir Mells after he de-commited? Thanks!

Very little chance with Pollard, and once Mells de-committed, Washington basically moved on. He wasn't good enough for Washington to keep recruiting him after he spurned them. Losing Jones is the one that stings, that was the guy you couldn't let get away.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Welcome back @sonics1993 - What are our chances with Hero Kanu? Him and Roberts would be a nice 2 man class.
  • Options
    Does having Helms in our program give us a leg up on getting Kanu potentially or not really as much of a factor in the long run?
  • Options

Welcome back @sonics1993 - What are our chances with Hero Kanu? Him and Roberts would be a nice 2 man class.

We have a small chance but I wouldn't get your hopes up.