Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington's Big recruiting weekend

Comments

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Jimmy should sell recruits on how bad UW is at developing talent

That would require Jimmy actually talking to the recruits.
    So still lazy?

Do you think he wants to get fired?
    He hired Bob Gregory as his DC so my answer is yes. If that move along with hiring a GA as our DL coach doesn't tell you about his thinking and the direction of the program then I can't help you.
    Tells me that he thinks whatever he touches turns to gold
    Ditto for Kato hire at TE. I have been beyond stunned that several of his hires look like we are running a internship for college grads the semester b4 they graduate.

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is Jimmy such an arrogant asshole now that he thinks he's too big time to interact with recruits?
    He only interacts when they are on campus or close to committing outside a couple of big-time recruits but even then he isn't consistent. Ask Emeka about his relationship with Jimmy compared to Day and Riley.
    So as DB coach how was he able to have the success he had in recruiting? So many of the kids he closed talked about how involved and engaged he was.

Big Picture, you are painting a scenario (which from the outside I would agree with) in which this can't end well for Jimmy here. Is this growing pains of a 1st time HC, who can learn and adapt, or is this who he is and he won't or can't change.

• Options
    DougDoug Member Posts: 40
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    godawgst said:

Is Jimmy such an arrogant asshole now that he thinks he's too big time to interact with recruits?
    He only interacts when they are on campus or close to committing outside a couple of big-time recruits but even then he isn't consistent. Ask Emeka about his relationship with Jimmy compared to Day and Riley.
    So as DB coach how was he able to have the success he had in recruiting? So many of the kids he closed talked about how involved and engaged he was.

Big Picture, you are painting a scenario (which from the outside I would agree with) in which this can't end well for Jimmy here. Is this growing pains of a 1st time HC, who can learn and adapt, or is this who he is and he won't or can't change.

Sometimes when you get moved up you think that other shit is now beneath you. “I have people for that”
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,935
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Any one who hates money care to share whose attending the rising stars camp… please.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Of the 6 visitors max, how many of those do you think will end up committing?

I got all five going to Washington but not fully confident in Tafiti because of Stanford.
    Why do you feel confident about Morrison?
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    godawgst said:

Mark Helfrich was a two time national qb coach of the year (2010, 2012) and you saw how he did as a head coach.

A lot of people don’t know that the HC is limited what he can do with recruits. Its the assistant coaches that do all of the heavy lifting.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Any one who hates money care to share whose attending the rising stars camp… please.

Seriously… who the fuck is attending the rising stars camp?
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’d switch Otton and Morrison on that list as we already have his bro
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Eklund is predicting Megwa, Roberts, and Morrison as having "very high" chances of committing while Tafiti, Otton, and Holtzclaw are given "high" chances of committing.

1-what retarded name will the dawgman posters give to this event if it happens?
    2-how many of these guys will get home after committing and immediately start planning their official visits to other schools?

I've already seen "St. Jimmy Day Massacre". Really creative stuff over there.
    Will Harris is referring to it as "Atomic Dog Weekend" on IG
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Eklund is predicting Megwa, Roberts, and Morrison as having "very high" chances of committing while Tafiti, Otton, and Holtzclaw are given "high" chances of committing.

2-how many of these guys will get home after committing and immediately start planning their official visits to other schools?

I'm sure the 17 year old teens get that George Clinton reference.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Will Harris can go play in traffic.