Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Portland TrailBlazers Championship Thread.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    What channel is the Blazer game on? Is it on HD?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dame will look great in a Knicks uniform.

The knicks roster would sucks balls and solve nothing for dame. Puts him in a weaker conference I guess but they can’t offer anything to get a superstar player.
    If they got Dame, other stars would be more enticed to go there.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

The knicks roster would sucks balls and solve nothing for dame. Puts him in a weaker conference I guess but they can’t offer anything to get a superstar player.
    Dame lost to Nigeria.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,225
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

Dame lost to Nigeria.
    Embarrassing
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    I get that Portland fucked up the roster and that is the biggest issue, but I'm not sure that Lillard's game isn't partly to blame.

He is an elite player, but his game doesn't seem to elevate others around him. I can't explain it fully, but there's a huge difference watching him and guys like Steph and Luka. Those guys probably get everyone else involved a lot more and get the dedication needed on defense. Additionally defenses in the playoffs know most of the time he's just going slash or stop and jack up a half court 3. It's kind of weird that he just expected to beat that Denver team that still had three all star caliber players to Portland's two (although I think Nurk is a star just too moody/injury prone).

The best game I've ever seen out of this Portland roster was 3 or so seasons ago when they beat the Warriors at Oracle during their historic season, a regular season game but in the last month or so when teams are ramping up for the playoffs. And the offense went through Nurk, he abused their center in the paint and passed the ball as well as every big in the league except Jokic, and then shots opened up for Dame and he was more of a complimentary piece. But Stotts won't run the team like that with 2 max guards, and I doubt Billups will either.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

I get that Portland fucked up the roster and that is the biggest issue, but I'm not sure that Lillard's game isn't partly to blame.

He is an elite player, but his game doesn't seem to elevate others around him. I can't explain it fully, but there's a huge difference watching him and guys like Steph and Luka. Those guys probably get everyone else involved a lot more and get the dedication needed on defense. Additionally defenses in the playoffs know most of the time he's just going slash or stop and jack up a half court 3. It's kind of weird that he just expected to beat that Denver team that still had three all star caliber players to Portland's two (although I think Nurk is a star just too moody/injury prone).

The best game I've ever seen out of this Portland roster was 3 or so seasons ago when they beat the Warriors at Oracle during their historic season, a regular season game but in the last month or so when teams are ramping up for the playoffs. And the offense went through Nurk, he abused their center in the paint and passed the ball as well as every big in the league except Jokic, and then shots opened up for Dame and he was more of a complimentary piece. But Stotts won't run the team like that with 2 max guards, and I doubt Billups will either.

Lillard is a second option on a real contender.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Lillard is a second option on a real contender.
    He's definitely elite, top 6 player, there's too many differences between him and a pretender/accumulator. He nearly won a playoff game by himself, over matched. Portland only wins game 7 in 2019 because Denver was 100% focused on him and CJ eviscerated them mid range.

But like so many, he can't do it by himself and CJ doesn't compliment him at all.
  • Options
    haie said:

Other than having the weakest hands, slowest foot speed and worst endurance of any Center in the league, Nurks great. Max him out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Other than having the weakest hands, slowest foot speed and worst endurance of any Center in the league, Nurks great. Max him out.
    You don't have to max him out, but don't pay him like the 3rd best player and then never use him to his strengths. He does need to improve but it's not like passing centers like that are easy to find.

Otherwise you're always just going to be a team that hopes your two guards don't get cold during a series, which one of them did this year and that was the difference.
  • Options
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

You don't have to max him out, but don't pay him like the 3rd best player and then never use him to his strengths. He does need to improve but it's not like passing centers like that are easy to find.

Otherwise you're always just going to be a team that hopes your two guards don't get cold during a series, which one of them did this year and that was the difference.
    Now it’s found out that Billups lawyer was never contacted in the proprietorial investigation and the SJW hounds are hungry to see if there ever was one at all.

Shit organizations do shit things.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Now it’s found out that Billups lawyer was never contacted in the proprietorial investigation and the SJW hounds are hungry to see if there ever was one at all.

Shit organizations do shit things.

If the Blazers ignore it, it will go away. Nobody will care in a week. Most already don’t. None of the sjw’s will care when a new story comes out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LOL.

And Jodey Allen is selling the team. Jesus what a disaster.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,803
    haie said:

LOL.

The Seattle Trailblazers don't sound right.....

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ^ eh oh el

Hope for all small market franchises everywhere!!!!

No, really it is. Unless you have a bad GM. Then you're the Sacremento Kings, New Orleans Pelicans, or the Portland Trailblazers.

At least we aren't the New York Knicks.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    haie said:

^ eh oh el

Hope for all small market franchises everywhere!!!!

No, really it is. Unless you have a bad GM. Then you're the Sacremento Kings, New Orleans Pelicans, or the Portland Trailblazers.

At least we aren't the New York Knicks.

Knicks were the 4 seed this year.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

haie said:

LOL.

The Seattle Trailblazers don't sound right.....

Queen Anne Trailblazers?

Climate Change Trailblazers?

Prime Trailblazers?

Bezos Balls Trailblazers?