Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Portland TrailBlazers Championship Thread.

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kaepsknee said:

The Lakers already tried to get Dame 2 years ago before He signed the Super Max extension. The Lakers don’t have anyone that Portland wants.
    They can have AD

Please
    Hawt fire talk has Playoff P headed to Pdx for McCollum.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    My Gawd the Blazers introduction of Chauncey as their new coach was cringe.

Nothing but Softball questions, deferral and black Jen Psaki taking over the mic and not allowing Chauncey to answer a straight forward question. More or less some Nazi Germany shit.

What a horrible organization. I hope Dame leaves.

This is the whole thing. No particular sound bites.
    https://youtu.be/_mcI5neMdl8
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

Nothing but Softball questions, deferral and black Jen Psaki taking over the mic and not allowing Chauncey to answer a straight forward question. More or less some Nazi Germany shit.

It's embarrassing, but the real issue is the GM and the players and ultimately what the players want.

Dame is selling shoes so he can't just come out and say, 'I dgaf about that. We're going to respect and play for this dude because he's won rings and I want a ring'

Sounds like as of now they're going to take a another shot.

I don't really blame them. Just get better role players and sacrifice what you can to get that.

See what happens. There's a lot more chaos now that the Dub frabchise is over.

Maybe there's still a significant trade in the works to upgrade at PF and sacrifice a bit elsewhere.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://si.com/nba/2021/06/30/trail-blazers-arrogance-billups

The Trail Blazers had two options for handling Chauncey Billups’s candidacy for their head-coaching position. One was to hire somebody else. The second was to hire Billups, then explain that while they feel secure in their vetting of the 1997 sexual assault allegation against Billups, they understand that some fans have questions and concerns and might not want Billups, and they respect that. The Blazers created and then chose a third option: hire Billups and tell everybody to shut up.

The Blazers did not say those exact words, of course. But they came shamefully close. Billups said the incident shaped his life, but when somebody asked him how, the Blazers’ PR staff shut down the question. Longtime general manager Neil Olshey, who should know better, said the team’s investigation was “proprietary. … You're just going to have to take our word that we hired an experienced firm that led us to the results we already discussed."

What a disgraceful reply. It’s 2021. “Take our word” is not a remotely satisfactory answer. It’s insulting to fans who have legitimate questions, and it makes the whole investigation look like a sham, whether it is or not. Billups looked ready to answer that perfectly legitimate follow-up question, too. The Blazers should have let him speak.

This is a broad outline of what we know about the allegation: A woman said Billups, then Celtics teammate Ron Mercer and a third man forced her into sex acts. She went to a hospital and showed signs of being assaulted. The players said the acts involving them were consensual. No charges were filed. They settled a civil suit.

Quite honestly Softy I have no recall of this event

I don't see why Billups doesn't get the same pass any other democrat would get

Non issue
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

Asking Billups about whatever happened in 1997 is stupid. That’s 25 years ago. He played a full career and has been an exec and assistant before any of this came up at all.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781

Kaepsknee said:

Asking Billups about whatever happened in 1997 is stupid. That’s 25 years ago. He played a full career and has been an exec and assistant before any of this came up at all.
    @BrettKavanaughDawg, true?
  • Options
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

It's embarrassing, but the real issue is the GM and the players and ultimately what the players want.

Dame is selling shoes so he can't just come out and say, 'I dgaf about that. We're going to respect and play for this dude because he's won rings and I want a ring'

Sounds like as of now they're going to take a another shot.

I don't really blame them. Just get better role players and sacrifice what you can to get that.

See what happens. There's a lot more chaos now that the Dub frabchise is over.

Maybe there's still a significant trade in the works to upgrade at PF and sacrifice a bit elsewhere.
    I think Billups was the best hire available.

But Portland doesn’t deserve Dame Lillard.

Portland deserves to be the Timberwolves.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    LA has nothing to offer Portland, and Dame is under contract for another 3-4 years.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If a player wants out he's out
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I agree, but they don't have to do biz with LA when he has that many years on his deal.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Portland still hired Billups like he wanted.

So Dame complained about the fans on Twitter. Big Deal. It'll be water under the bridge next week.

"He has concerns on how to build a contender at Portland" That's dumb. They made the WCF with Kanter starting. Stars want to run the show and he is up here. If he really ends up wanting out it's an issue with ownership/front office.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If Dame does leave he wont be going to the Lakers. The Blazers dont want picks in the 2029 draft.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

If Dame does leave he wont be going to the Lakers. The Blazers dont want picks in the 2029 draft.

Stotts would still be corch if Dame wanted him to be. He didn’t. So now Chauncey Billups is their corch.

The Blazers relied on unbelievably plus performances by Carmelo Anthony and Enes Kanter to even make the playoffs. Their roster is a dumpster fire.

Should the Blazers fall further next Season, Dame gone. And without some measurable improvement in FA, they will.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Dame will look great in a Knicks uniform.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Dame will look great in a Knicks uniform.

The knicks roster would sucks balls and solve nothing for dame. Puts him in a weaker conference I guess but they can’t offer anything to get a superstar player.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I think a deal with the Celtics or sixers is very likely. Both teams have high end talent to trade and draft pick assets.