Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Rental Car Apocalypse

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

One of my all time favorite scenes as a Seinfeld fag
    Mine too.

That, and the "they'll just write it off" bit with Jerry and Kramer that I think Stalin posted the other day.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Car rental synonymous with vacation and business travel. Luxury and business, relates to money and social class.

I'll allow it.

Plus, I'm about to book a car rental for 3 wks. Fingers crossed.

Yo soy senior mod status.
  • Options

Car rental synonymous with vacation and business travel. Luxury and business, relates to money and social class.

I'll allow it.

Yo soy senior mod status.
    I'll still allow it.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll allow it.

So half business, half vacation. Middle class warriors.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am glad I booked my summer rental a couple of months ago when it was $75 dollars a day. It is now well over $100 a day out of BOS.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mrs. H and I are in San Diego. Chevy Malibu was less than $400 for 8 days before the tank of gas. We made the reservation upon landing. Dollar Rent a Car. Budget had been $539 before the tank of gas, I believe, which we both thought was pretty reasonable at the time.

Mrs. H will track down savings like no one’s business!

#MarriedUp

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Mrs. H and I are in San Diego. Chevy Malibu was less than $400 for 8 days before the tank of gas. We made the reservation upon landing. Dollar Rent a Car. Budget had been $539 before the tank of gas, I believe, which we both thought was pretty reasonable at the time.

#MarriedUp

I don't travel much, but from my limited experience, San Diego had--by far--the cheapest rental cars. Like $14 per day cheap a few years back. I always upgrade to the "cool car" when I get to the counter, as the cool car there still costs less than a shit box anywhere else I've been.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I rented a car recently from Enterprise. Yesterday I received an email from them offering to buy MY car.

4d chess from stalin
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

#MarriedUp

I don't travel much, but from my limited experience, San Diego had--by far--the cheapest rental cars. Like $14 per day cheap a few years back. I always upgrade to the "cool car" when I get to the counter, as the cool car there still costs less than a shit box anywhere else I've been.
    Interesting. Any idea why?
  • Options
    HHusky said:

#MarriedUp

This just makes no sense. People are always going to San Diego. WTF? It's fucking crazy everywhere.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,512
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    At the rates some of you are paying it could be cheaper to just ship your own car to where you're going.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

#MarriedUp

Interesting. Any idea why?
    I always just assumed it's subsidized by the local chamber of commerce or something. Like Vegas flights.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2021
    Swaye said:

Can confirm rental cars are a bitch in Florida. Was just there. Absolutely nothing available, even for platinum tier dirtbag like me. I just took Uber everywhere. Figured Bazes' cousin could use the work. The rental car struggle shortage is REAL.

Problem comes when those assholes like @PurpleBaze and @Yousef_#1UberDriver jack up their already terrorist rates.

Unless I'm going mobile in the region, why not just use Lyft or Uber for metropolitan travel? Haven't rented a car in big cities for a few years.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Anecdotal evidence alert: this rental car thing is real. I booked a rental for $1,800 that would normally cost me somewhere between 7 and 9 hundred. And I got an e-mail this morning from Budget saying "We're really low on cars on the day WE BOOKED FOR YOUR FUCKING RESERVATION"; we can get you into another class for up to 30% savings" or whatever.

If I land at Logan and I don't have a fucking car waiting for me, the good people of Boston are going to see the Creepycoug you have all come to know and love. Emotional outbursts (and concomitant embarrassed wife) are likely.

Live look at creep in Boston

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pBXL7LwQ33g
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Can confirm rental cars are a bitch in Florida. Was just there. Absolutely nothing available, even for platinum tier dirtbag like me. I just took Uber everywhere. Figured Bazes' cousin could use the work. The rental car struggle shortage is REAL.

My cousin TYFYB.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Anecdotal evidence alert: this rental car thing is real. I booked a rental for $1,800 that would normally cost me somewhere between 7 and 9 hundred. And I got an e-mail this morning from Budget saying "We're really low on cars on the day WE BOOKED FOR YOUR FUCKING RESERVATION"; we can get you into another class for up to 30% savings" or whatever.

If I land at Logan and I don't have a fucking car waiting for me, the good people of Boston are going to see the Creepycoug you have all come to know and love. Emotional outbursts (and concomitant embarrassed wife) are likely.

Tell me the truth. Is concoitanantt even a word?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    edited May 2021
    Swaye said:

Tell me the truth. Is concoitanantt even a word?
    Only for the guineas and the southies in Bahwston.