Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sonics1993 has joined Twitter

124»

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,137 Founders Club

pawz said:
    PGOS takes this place very seriously. Like Pup, he wants only high level football talk.

@pawz
    Heeeheheheeee look im @ ing poasters

Be a better poaster
    Am I doing this right, @PostGameOrangeSlices?
    Axe @PurpleBaze
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,589 Founders Club

AIDS > this bored the last few daysyears

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,545 Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

I actually went to HS with some of the owners of Aslan, not sure they had a ton of money between the brothers that I knew but they definitely fit the snowboarder motif. When you're fucked up Pel'mini's is amazing when you're fucked up. That's where I saw a dude get tasered by BPD, good times.

Howard is the man (Triumph guy). My dad bought a Trophy and Sprint there back in the day. Triumph flexed their corporate muscles in a douchey Harley Davidson sort of way and forced him to shut down because the shop wasn't glamorous enough to rep the brand. What. The Fuck. I assume Howard was ready to hang it up anyway, but it doesn't sit well with me the way corporate pushed him out.

I haven't tried Structures yet, at least not that I remember. Stone's Throw in Fairhaven is pretty chill but I wouldn't put it at the same level as Wander/Kulshan/Chuckanut.

Loved Howard. It's a bummer what they did to him. Haven't been in there since the dealership side folded. Still visit Tim at Cycle Therapy from Tim to Tim. Good peoples.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,229
    edited May 2021

I go out of my way an extra 10 minutes to go to Home Depot rather than Lowes. Lowes always lets me down.

Do you live in Bellingham? Because I could have typed this verbatim.
    No, Kitsap. Same shit, basically. For the specific hardware stuff, etc, ACE IS THE PLACE.
    Hardware Sales in Bellingham is like the eighth wonder of the world. Mom and pop store that's grown over decades. The kind of place where you'll dig through a bin of fittings and find one that still has the sticker on it from 1978, and they'll honor the price. Aisles are narrow, store is a maze, yet everyone fucking loves it. I used to be amazed at what I could find there in the hardware (fasteners) department. Like when I needed M5 rubber well nuts for a motorcycle windscreen, and they had them in stock!

Anymore, I have to admit that it's not so great. I think at some point they decided that they had to make more of a profit. They started an online sales division out of a warehouse nearby, they started carrying more Chinese shit, and they started stocking more of the popular(?) fittings and less oddball stuff. I used to never leave there without what I came for, but more and more I just order fasteners online. What is with hardware stores not carrying metric fasteners!? Fords are all-metric now. Chevys are all-metric now. Fuck, even Harley Davidsons have metric fasteners on them! Are hardware stores under the impression that everyone in America does nothing but wrench on Briggs and Stratton motors? /rant

That being said, Hardware Sales is still the shit, to the point where it's a worthwhile single-day mancation if you're into that sort of thing. Come hit up the store, check out a brewery, head home. They do a summer tent sale every year in their parking lot that's a huge event, with all the major tool manfacturers showing up with big discounts. They didn't do it last year, but wouldn't be surprised if it's back this year. Worth a trip.

Anyway, yeah, I can have whatever fastener I want to my door in under a week. I don't have to worry about going to the hardware store and being disappointed. I keep a decent stock of M5, M6, and M8 SS cap screws, button head cap screws, flange bolts, and nuts on hand in case of emergency and order online to backfill as needed.
    I'll be up there this weekend and will have to check it out.
    Closed on Sunday, so watch out for that. Kulshan Brewing and Wander brewing are both nearby, both great.
    Yeah I've been to both of those places. Good brews. Structures is also really damn good - best in town IMO. Their Fuzz line is top shelf.

@haie can only speak to Grains of Wrath, and I can't remember what it was, but it was mediocre.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021

I go out of my way an extra 10 minutes to go to Home Depot rather than Lowes. Lowes always lets me down.

Do you live in Bellingham? Because I could have typed this verbatim.
    No, Kitsap. Same shit, basically. For the specific hardware stuff, etc, ACE IS THE PLACE.
    Hardware Sales in Bellingham is like the eighth wonder of the world. Mom and pop store that's grown over decades. The kind of place where you'll dig through a bin of fittings and find one that still has the sticker on it from 1978, and they'll honor the price. Aisles are narrow, store is a maze, yet everyone fucking loves it. I used to be amazed at what I could find there in the hardware (fasteners) department. Like when I needed M5 rubber well nuts for a motorcycle windscreen, and they had them in stock!

Anymore, I have to admit that it's not so great. I think at some point they decided that they had to make more of a profit. They started an online sales division out of a warehouse nearby, they started carrying more Chinese shit, and they started stocking more of the popular(?) fittings and less oddball stuff. I used to never leave there without what I came for, but more and more I just order fasteners online. What is with hardware stores not carrying metric fasteners!? Fords are all-metric now. Chevys are all-metric now. Fuck, even Harley Davidsons have metric fasteners on them! Are hardware stores under the impression that everyone in America does nothing but wrench on Briggs and Stratton motors? /rant

That being said, Hardware Sales is still the shit, to the point where it's a worthwhile single-day mancation if you're into that sort of thing. Come hit up the store, check out a brewery, head home. They do a summer tent sale every year in their parking lot that's a huge event, with all the major tool manfacturers showing up with big discounts. They didn't do it last year, but wouldn't be surprised if it's back this year. Worth a trip.

Anyway, yeah, I can have whatever fastener I want to my door in under a week. I don't have to worry about going to the hardware store and being disappointed. I keep a decent stock of M5, M6, and M8 SS cap screws, button head cap screws, flange bolts, and nuts on hand in case of emergency and order online to backfill as needed.
    I'll be up there this weekend and will have to check it out.
    Closed on Sunday, so watch out for that. Kulshan Brewing and Wander brewing are both nearby, both great.
    Yeah I've been to both of those places. Good brews. Structures is also really damn good - best in town IMO. Their Fuzz line is top shelf.

@haie can only speak to Grains of Wrath, and I can't remember what it was, but it was mediocre.
    I give GoW a lot of credit for the Papermaker pale, and the Mexican Lager, which is the best microbrew version of a Corona you can find. Other than that they make a lot of high ABV IPAs you'll find anywhere else. Their Camas location mimics a lot of Bend venues, good spot to watch games and take your dog to shit on their property while sitting by a fire, etc.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,204 Swaye's Wigwam

Both are awful. Sometimes I am disgusted by Lowe's, sometimes I am disgusted by Home Depot. Usually I end up going to both and it ends up being a complete waste if time
    Then again, also this. Hardware Sales for the win.

Right now, I'm trying to buy a whole hardware store piece by piece. The hardware store in Stanwood is on the auction block, and I've bid on like 20 lots. "Man, I could use a new level... but could I use 30 of them?..." Point is, I may be offering HH members sweet deals on tools here soon.
    Gottdam, I loved Hardware Sales. I built a potato gun there.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,616 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:
    Having fuck you money and smartly investing it must be nice

I have fuck me money and my investments took a fucking shit on my face since March
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,815 Founders Club
    Centralia kid makes good