Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Spring Game Overreaction Thread

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Richard Newton looks the fucking part. Burst that no other rb showed yesterday. If they try to "pound it" with McGrew then this staff is fucktarded.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Doog Legend Cam Davis did jack shit

It’s almost like the DL raped our offensive line
    Our OL sucks, like it has always sucked. People have been predicting a "dominant" OL for 20 years, hasn't appeared, probably won't.
    Lol. The OL sucks? What a take.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Didn't make any big plays when pgos watched. He must suck.
    Dick Newton made a play. But he sucks

Just doog things. Love the players who've done nothing. Hate the players who actually flash.
    It's doogish to fixate on certain players the way you do with such unreasoning vitriol.
    He loves to call everyone a doog but he’s one of the biggest doogs on the boreds.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Our OL sucks, like it has always sucked. People have been predicting a "dominant" OL for 20 years, hasn't appeared, probably won't.
    Yeah but huff recruits tuff!

Same type of doog as in my prior post.

They know who they are.
    The OL sucks so bad they only allowed 21 pressures in 4 games and 0 legitimate sacks! So awful! They’re good in the run game. It’s almost like teams stacked the box against us last year because they weren’t afraid of Morris doing anything! We also ran out of condensed tight formations w/ vanilla scheme which is fucking stupid!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Yeah but huff recruits tuff!

Same type of doog as in my prior post.

They know who they are.
    The OL sucks so bad they only allowed 21 pressures in 4 games and 0 legitimate sacks! So awful! They’re good in the run game. It’s almost like teams stacked the box against us last year because they weren’t afraid of Morris doing anything! We also ran out of condensed tight formations w/ vanilla scheme which is fucking stupid!
    The OL has been an achilles heel against decent defenses for 20 years now HTH
  • Options
    Founders Club

chuck said:

chuck said:

Just doog things. Love the players who've done nothing. Hate the players who actually flash.
    It's doogish to fixate on certain players the way you do with such unreasoning vitriol.
    He loves to call everyone a doog but he’s one of the biggest doogs on the boreds.
    You say this but can never provide any examples

Road, Haie, Race and I are the 4 most knowledgeable posters on here when it comes to football and analyzing the team and strategy.

And youre the fucking worst rather easily.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021
    I'm dooging for the O Line. If they can't get it done it's scheme or Huff's coaching. Period. We're done here.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Road, Haie, Race and I are the 4 most knowledgeable posters on here when it comes to football and analyzing the team and strategy.

It's so convincing when someone praises themselves and then brings in other names as though that bolsters their case.

You referred to Joe Tryon as a doog legend. You haven't laid off of Irvin for coming in cold in the 2nd half of one game, surrounded by 2nd and 3rd stringers, and giving up a couple of garbage time plays. You bash on Davis simply because posters you've targeted think he's good.

Your football takes are simple contrarian combativeness and absolutes where absolutes don't apply. Your takes suck dude.

If you cant tell that I have no problem against Tryon, Davis, Irvin, or even Turner I can't help you. I wish them all well. I'm just mocking the cognitively impaired that post here.

I don't get attached to players as recruits and then frame my entire analysis around high school stars, and underwear olympics. I watch the games.

Tryon had half a good season and has ton of potential. Hopefully TB can fully unlock it and I will be rooting for him. Not really Tryon's fault 2019 sucked.

Davis has been hyped since he got here...and I've never seen him do anything except maybe a 15 yard run once against Arizona.

Newton has an established history of running hard and it showed again in the spring game. Yet the same people that hype up Davis seem to be the ones who hate Rich and decided to hate him ever since he was a recruit at UW that they didn't see worthy of a scholarship. Sunday, who also ran hard, fell victim to the same thing. Both look better to me than Davis.

Irvin doesn't have a lot to go off of, but what is there is as bad as any UW secondary player has ever looked. Maybe he turns it around, maybe he doesn't. I don't really care either way as secondary is something I trust this staff to build. If he plays well great, but I don't root for players like a fucking doog ever since I first looked at their scout pictures like some here. They know who they are.

I hope this helps you out chuck
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

It's so convincing when someone praises themselves and then brings in other names as though that bolsters their case.

You referred to Joe Tryon as a doog legend. You haven't laid off of Irvin for coming in cold in the 2nd half of one game, surrounded by 2nd and 3rd stringers, and giving up a couple of garbage time plays. You bash on Davis simply because posters you've targeted think he's good.

Your football takes are simple contrarian combativeness and absolutes where absolutes don't apply. Your takes suck dude.

If you cant tell that I have no problem against Tryon, Davis, Irvin, or even Turner I can't help you. I wish them all well. I'm just mocking the cognitively impaired that post here.

I don't get attached to players as recruits and then frame my entire analysis around high school stars, and underwear olympics. I watch the games.

Tryon had half a good season and has ton of potential. Hopefully TB can fully unlock it and I will be rooting for him. Not really Tryon's fault 2019 sucked.

Davis has been hyped since he got here...and I've never seen him do anything except maybe a 15 yard run once against Arizona.

Newton has an established history of running hard and it showed again in the spring game. Yet the same people that hype up Davis seem to be the ones who hate Rich and decided to hate him ever since he was a recruit at UW that they didn't see worthy of a scholarship. Sunday, who also ran hard, fell victim to the same thing. Both look better to me than Davis.

Irvin doesn't have a lot to go off of, but what is there is as bad as any UW secondary player has ever looked. Maybe he turns it around, maybe he doesn't. I don't really care either way as secondary is something I trust this staff to build. If he plays well great, but I don't root for players like a fucking doog ever since I first looked at their scout pictures like some here. They know who they are.

Haven’t seen this level of spring commentary since the USFL
    All this anal ysis for a week 2 loss to Harbaugh
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,827
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If Huff can’t get his group to he legitimately good (they should be dominant) then he can’t coach and should go.

We didn’t give up a sack last year tho, so I’m not reading too much into Spring Ball, especially since they rotate and had some injuries.

To be fair, it feels like avoiding sacks is one thing dmo excels at.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

If Huff can’t get his group to he legitimately good (they should be dominant) then he can’t coach and should go.

We didn’t give up a sack last year tho, so I’m not reading too much into Spring Ball, especially since they rotate and had some injuries.

Disagree. He has good awareness and gets rid of the ball quickly but the qb’s we’ve had before make him look way better at this then he actually is.

Browning and Eason were just awful at this.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Haven’t seen this level of spring commentary since the USFL
    All this anal ysis for a week 2 loss to Harbaugh
    Did somebody say anal ISIS?

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Yep. This o line should absolutely dominate based on experience and who is returning. If they don't, that's a huge issue. From reading practice reports, it sounds like Ale has been less than impressive
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disagree. He has good awareness and gets rid of the ball quickly but the qb’s we’ve had before make him look way better at this then he actually is.

Eason was the prototypical pocket passer that is a net minus in today’s college football. I’m not against a pocket passer, but they have to be elite at playing QB and the only thing Eason is elite at is arm strength, which is the most overrated aspect of playing QB.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Eason was the prototypical pocket passer that is a net minus in today’s college football. I’m not against a pocket passer, but they have to be elite at playing QB and the only thing Eason is elite at is arm strength, which is the most overrated aspect of playing QB.
    When Eason was able to stand in the pocket I thought he was actually good. He was pretty accurate with a huge arm.

As soon as he moved off his spot he was a completely different player. And our wr’s were awful that year but it shows how important the ability to improvise is.