Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Well, bye, Joe Rogan.

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

hardhat said:

Well, he’s right

From a personal health standpoint, yes. From a herd immunity standpoint, no.
    I'm wondering what exactly would achieve herd immunity. So many countries had very strict lockdowns but that didn't seem to work. From everything I've seen, the vaccines do work, at least for protecting the vulnerable and those in high risk areas. So I'd want my parents to have it. But I'm not sure we need kids to have it. And it does sound harsh to say virus gonna virus, but it seems herd immunity is only achieved with a combination of antibodies in those who had it (99%) and those who get the vaccine. I wouldn't tell adults not to get it, but I feel our public health experts are going to drag this out for years with endless lockdowns and mask mandates.
    I think that's the big unknown since the % needed for herd immunity can vary wildly by disease. The problem is compounded when Fauci and the public health apparatus aren't willing to stick their necks out and at least start making estimates, or even so much as consider natural infection as part of the herd immunity equation.

@BleachedAnusDawg is right in that we'll probably never technically reach herd immunity and eradicate the disease. But a good outcome is one where enough people build up immunity to the point where the worst case scenario is this thing kills people at the same clip as the flu. Say, under 50k a year.
    Geezus you swallow like a $5 whore. Fow Chee and the CDC last year said herd immunity was comprised of those vaccinated plus those who had been infected. Now, it's just counting vaccinated. Fow Chee and the incompetent CDC are not to be trusted. When Fow Chee won't let vaccinated people not wear a mask indoors and just now says they can take a walk on the beach without a mask, you have to be a blue ribbon sheeple to believe a word they say. For me, the latest lockdowns are criminally incompetent. But for a leftard, this just isn't a voting issue because of the high character of Fow Chee and the dementia patient in the Oval Office.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,064
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

hardhat said:

Well, he’s right

I'm wondering what exactly would achieve herd immunity. So many countries had very strict lockdowns but that didn't seem to work. From everything I've seen, the vaccines do work, at least for protecting the vulnerable and those in high risk areas. So I'd want my parents to have it. But I'm not sure we need kids to have it. And it does sound harsh to say virus gonna virus, but it seems herd immunity is only achieved with a combination of antibodies in those who had it (99%) and those who get the vaccine. I wouldn't tell adults not to get it, but I feel our public health experts are going to drag this out for years with endless lockdowns and mask mandates.
    I think that's the big unknown since the % needed for herd immunity can vary wildly by disease. The problem is compounded when Fauci and the public health apparatus aren't willing to stick their necks out and at least start making estimates, or even so much as consider natural infection as part of the herd immunity equation.

@BleachedAnusDawg is right in that we'll probably never technically reach herd immunity and eradicate the disease. But a good outcome is one where enough people build up immunity to the point where the worst case scenario is this thing kills people at the same clip as the flu. Say, under 50k a year.
    The actual best go forward outcome is to treat with anti

Well, he’s right

Healthy people build natural immunity from exposure to small amounts of the virus.

Unhealthy people and fraidy cats are getting vaccinated, which creates "vaccine-dependent immunity." Problem with Pfizer and Moderna is they do the work for your body, while J&J is old school and works with your immune system to develop immunity, not alongside it.

We made a trade-off to flatten the curve at the beginning. That was fine. But the continuous shut-downs for months interfered with and prevented natural herd immunity. We lost the ability to suppress the virus by May of 2020. Schools and businesses where people could socially distance should have been re-opened at that point. Not doing so delayed natural herd immunity big-time.
    You and I were right. “Vaccines” or whatever the hell this thing is called is going to need to be an endless thing once you get on the program.

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

hardhat said:

Well, he’s right

Geezus you swallow like a $5 whore. Fow Chee and the CDC last year said herd immunity was comprised of those vaccinated plus those who had been infected. Now, it's just counting vaccinated. Fow Chee and the incompetent CDC are not to be trusted. When Fow Chee won't let vaccinated people not wear a mask indoors and just now says they can take a walk on the beach without a mask, you have to be a blue ribbon sheeple to believe a word they say. For me, the latest lockdowns are criminally incompetent. But for a leftard, this just isn't a voting issue because of the high character of Fow Chee and the dementia patient in the Oval Office.
    Gee, it's almost as if I just said that exact fucking thing. Try reading.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

hardhat said:

Well, he’s right

Gee, it's almost as if I just said that exact fucking thing. Try reading.
    Sure. Just not a voting issue for a leftard. All that high character and devotion to SCIENCE.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Well, he’s right

Unhealthy people and fraidy cats are getting vaccinated, which creates "vaccine-dependent immunity." Problem with Pfizer and Moderna is they do the work for your body, while J&J is old school and works with your immune system to develop immunity, not alongside it.
    Curious about this piece. What makes "vaccine dependent" immunity any different than natural immunity from infection? Is there anything to suggest that the latter is any better at protecting against the virus, including resistance to newer variants?

Dr. Marty Makary, who is firmly in the camp of "open the fuck up and tell Fauci to shove it" certainly talks about the two as though they're interchangeable, and this is the first I've heard anyone suggest the vaccine would be less effective than previously having the infection.
    The older Vector Type versions, like J&J, from what I have read, train your immune system for more general threats, versus the rMNA vaccines which are more specific and targeted to combat the specific virus, and apparently some variants, too, albeit at a lesser rate of effectiveness.

The newer types are more foreign to your body's natural immune system, and we haven't had enough time to see if they will intertwine with your natural immune system, or - as they were designed - essentially replace aspects of it. The new rMNA stuff is very promising for treating future cancers and other stuff that we can't determine the origins of, but it's pretty iron-clad that naturally developed bodily immunity better prepares populations for more general threats, such as variants of the current Covid virus.

Another concern is that the current virus is essentially morphing to get around a new type of more potent vaccine it hasn't seen before, which could result in a much stronger, foreign variants than our bodies are used to handling and combatting without any vaccines.

This is how we got superbugs and how MRSA became such a problem as people used more and more hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soaps that killed both good and bad bacteria, leaving us even more susceptible to newer, stronger forms of bacteria.

Most times a scatter gun is better overall at controlling a threat than a sniper rifle.
    I'm from the George Carlin/Swim in the East River school of auto-immune system enhancement.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

Well, he’s right

Curious about this piece. What makes "vaccine dependent" immunity any different than natural immunity from infection? Is there anything to suggest that the latter is any better at protecting against the virus, including resistance to newer variants?

Dr. Marty Makary, who is firmly in the camp of "open the fuck up and tell Fauci to shove it" certainly talks about the two as though they're interchangeable, and this is the first I've heard anyone suggest the vaccine would be less effective than previously having the infection.
    The older Vector Type versions, like J&J, from what I have read, train your immune system for more general threats, versus the rMNA vaccines which are more specific and targeted to combat the specific virus, and apparently some variants, too, albeit at a lesser rate of effectiveness.

The newer types are more foreign to your body's natural immune system, and we haven't had enough time to see if they will intertwine with your natural immune system, or - as they were designed - essentially replace aspects of it. The new rMNA stuff is very promising for treating future cancers and other stuff that we can't determine the origins of, but it's pretty iron-clad that naturally developed bodily immunity better prepares populations for more general threats, such as variants of the current Covid virus.

Another concern is that the current virus is essentially morphing to get around a new type of more potent vaccine it hasn't seen before, which could result in a much stronger, foreign variants than our bodies are used to handling and combatting without any vaccines.

This is how we got superbugs and how MRSA became such a problem as people used more and more hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soaps that killed both good and bad bacteria, leaving us even more susceptible to newer, stronger forms of bacteria.

Most times a scatter gun is better overall at controlling a threat than a sniper rifle.
    I'm from the George Carlin/Swim in the East River school of auto-immune system enhancement.

Most likely explanation for the massive increase in asthma is the helicopter moms who keep there kids in a sterile bubble. No pets, hepa filters, limited play outside, sterilize the binky if it hit the floor. I was raised feral and in my grade school there was one kid in school that I knew had asthma. Probably more, but really limited. My son's first grade soccer team had three kids using inhalers before a match. My kids grew up with a cat in their crib after week one. Outside crawling on the grass as soon as they could crawl. Cat and dog fur everywhere.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogie said:

His body his choice?

His voice, his choice.

Let the market decide whether his opinion and belief is valid. Silencing opposing thought is truly unAmerican.

Even dumbass opinions and doublethink like the crap @TheKobeStopper spews deserve to be heard. Mocked and ridiculed as fuckery, but no problem at all with giving the shills a platform to get destroyed.

STFU =/= cancel.
    Rogan has been a target for awhile. Nothing will happen. Rogan will continue on.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

doogie said:

His body his choice?

His voice, his choice.

Let the market decide whether his opinion and belief is valid. Silencing opposing thought is truly unAmerican.

Even dumbass opinions and doublethink like the crap @TheKobeStopper spews deserve to be heard. Mocked and ridiculed as fuckery, but no problem at all with giving the shills a platform to get destroyed.

STFU =/= cancel.
    Rogan has been a target for awhile. Nothing will happen. Rogan will continue on.
    Rogan is a flea compared to Rush. Rogan will fight and he will be okay.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Joe still got paid didn't he?

All this does is drive traffic to him
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    Standard Supporter
    I see that Fauci and others have responded by saying his comments were "wrong", even though Rogan only offered a suggestion and didn't say anything that can be fact checked.

I did some searching to make sure I didn't miss anything, and saw that even Snopes posted an article saying Joe Rogan made a false statement. The funniest part is the author of the Snopes article starts their explanation with:

"Whether or not someone should worry is a subjective decision, but any implication that young people are at no risk of serious COVID-19 complications is a fiction."

So they admit that his comments were subjective, which means they have no business fact checking his comments in the first place. But then they go on to imply that Rogan said young people were at no risk, per the second half of that opening sentence, which he didn't say at all.

How that trash-run website still has credibility with people is beyond me.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Remember, Biden's 100 Patriotic Days of Masking is up Saturday.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933

I'm going to stroll down Broadway maskless with a CDC told me so t shirt on.

Those fuckers will have an aneurysm.

It doesn't matter what anyone says now the as the far left have been brainwashed for the last 14 months. The damage has been done to 40% of America. They are forever changed to believe the nonsense the powers that be have spewed for the last year.

I do think the 5% lunatic fringe has moved up to about 15 to 20% on the left. Those fuckers are dug in in absolute fear.

There's still about 30% like the @YellowSnow's and @creepycoug who lean liberal but know it's still all a bunch of bullshit. They'll vote red come midterms when the left tries to push all in with absurdity.

Already seeing it locally. And, Christ, just look at the exodus of the blue states relative to Congressional re-alignment - and that was based on a census taken well before all the current fuckery.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021

I'm going to stroll down Broadway maskless with a CDC told me so t shirt on.

Those fuckers will have an aneurysm.

It doesn't matter what anyone says now the as the far left have been brainwashed for the last 14 months. The damage has been done to 40% of America. They are forever changed to believe the nonsense the powers that be have spewed for the last year.

I do think the 5% lunatic fringe has moved up to about 15 to 20% on the left. Those fuckers are dug in in absolute fear.

There's still about 30% like the @YellowSnow's and @creepycoug who lean liberal but know it's still all a bunch of bullshit. They'll vote red come midterms when the left tries to push all in with absurdity.

Already seeing it locally. And, Christ, just look at the exodus of the blue states relative to Congressional re-alignment - and that was based on a census taken well before all the current fuckery.

I just left my house to come into the city to my office, my neighbor (Biden voter) who is 67 years old and fully vaccinated, really nice guy, was outside in his front yard by himself, pulling weeds in a mask.

Beautiful day here, low 70s, slight breeze air is crystal clear because it just rained the other day and the poor sap is out in his yard by himself in a mask. I know he is fully vaccinated but I asked him anyway, hey John, didn't you get your second shot a few weeks back?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    "I'm usually a centrist politically but this changing the narrative bullshit has me despising the left so much that I am seriously considering not voting for any of them the next few elections."

Welcome to the club.