Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Well, bye, Joe Rogan.

PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,229
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited April 2021 in Tug Tavern

First they came for Joe...

Rogan has been anti mask for months. He believes a healthy lifestyle, diet and exercise are more effective means to build one’s immune system

Ask yourself why the statists are now turning their sights on him.

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,519
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Well, he’s right
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Well, he’s right

From a personal health standpoint, yes. From a herd immunity standpoint, no.
  • Options

Well, he’s right

The Throbber is in favor a Purge like night where debauchery and sexual hijinks are allowed simply in the name of establishing herd immunity.

Do it for the children, so to speak.

• Options

Well, he’s right

The Throbber is in favor a Purge like night where debauchery and sexual hijinks are allowed simply in the name of establishing herd immunity.

Do it for the children, so to speak.

A handful of scrips for antibiotics to tackle the syphilis is a hell of a lot cheaper than this vaccine rollout.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Herd immunity has happened.

It’s only the size of the herd being debated now.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I have seen very few antimaskers in the produce section....

Maybe he’s on to something
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,965
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

I have seen very few antimaskers in the produce section....

Maybe he’s on to something

Probably because Fuhrer's Inslee and Brown compel businesses to require them.

Otherwise your disengenuous comment was a homerun.
  • Options

Well, he’s right

Unhealthy people and fraidy cats are getting vaccinated, which creates "vaccine-dependent immunity." Problem with Pfizer and Moderna is they do the work for your body, while J&J is old school and works with your immune system to develop immunity, not alongside it.
    Curious about this piece. What makes "vaccine dependent" immunity any different than natural immunity from infection? Is there anything to suggest that the latter is any better at protecting against the virus, including resistance to newer variants?

Dr. Marty Makary, who is firmly in the camp of "open the fuck up and tell Fauci to shove it" certainly talks about the two as though they're interchangeable, and this is the first I've heard anyone suggest the vaccine would be less effective than previously having the infection.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

Well, he’s right

I'm wondering what exactly would achieve herd immunity. So many countries had very strict lockdowns but that didn't seem to work. From everything I've seen, the vaccines do work, at least for protecting the vulnerable and those in high risk areas. So I'd want my parents to have it. But I'm not sure we need kids to have it. And it does sound harsh to say virus gonna virus, but it seems herd immunity is only achieved with a combination of antibodies in those who had it (99%) and those who get the vaccine. I wouldn't tell adults not to get it, but I feel our public health experts are going to drag this out for years with endless lockdowns and mask mandates.
  • Options

I remember when Trump was mocked as a retard for talking about herd immunity

We could have got there without the vax

But how many 98 year old grannies with cancer would have died of the Vid in the process?
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

I remember when Trump was mocked as a retard for talking about herd immunity

We could have got there without the vax

But how many 98 year old grannies with cancer would have died of the Vid in the process?
    I listened to some fucktard from IHME use weasel words to explain that Washington will get to herd immunity, but it will just take....tim. A long tim. So I guess we'll just mask up and lockdown until 2023.
  • Options
    hardhat said:

Well, he’s right

I'm wondering what exactly would achieve herd immunity. So many countries had very strict lockdowns but that didn't seem to work. From everything I've seen, the vaccines do work, at least for protecting the vulnerable and those in high risk areas. So I'd want my parents to have it. But I'm not sure we need kids to have it. And it does sound harsh to say virus gonna virus, but it seems herd immunity is only achieved with a combination of antibodies in those who had it (99%) and those who get the vaccine. I wouldn't tell adults not to get it, but I feel our public health experts are going to drag this out for years with endless lockdowns and mask mandates.
    I think that's the big unknown since the % needed for herd immunity can vary wildly by disease. The problem is compounded when Fauci and the public health apparatus aren't willing to stick their necks out and at least start making estimates, or even so much as consider natural infection as part of the herd immunity equation.

@BleachedAnusDawg is right in that we'll probably never technically reach herd immunity and eradicate the disease. But a good outcome is one where enough people build up immunity to the point where the worst case scenario is this thing kills people at the same clip as the flu. Say, under 50k a year.