Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Guilty all counts

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

alumni94 said:

Let's watch if the racist white people will riot and burn down stuff now.

Yeah because white people in the USA have no history at all of rioting, murdering minorities, and burning shit down.

No history at all.

None.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching_in_the_United_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_riot_of_1886

I could go on but I think you get the idea. Well actually you might not get the idea. But I think anybody with an IQ over 80 does.
    Wait until the Whities "riot" you ain't seen nothing yet.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

Not surprised. This decision didn't really matter, other than the rioting, because it's going to be appealed so LIPO. The guy wasn't going to get a fair trial. There is no way anyone can convince me he intended to kill Floyd.

The evidence is overwhelming that black people don’t get fair trials in America. But fair trials aren’t a problem until a cop puts his knee on someone’s neck for 9 minutes.
    Is it possible that some people are consistent advocates of fair trials, regardless of circumstance?
    Of course. I had a conservative friend express to me that he thought it was clear Chauvin was guilty but he was concerned about the fairness of the trial. Friend, not former friend.

But a lot of people on the right reject any notion that black people don’t get fair trials. If someone doesn’t think it’s possible that black people aren’t getting fair trials but they bitch about the fairness of this trial, there might be a reason for that. A crystal clear, confederate flag in the capitol, reason.
    @OJSimpsonDawg, true?

Money makes the most difference

Poor people get @HHusky

Rich black kids are more likely to go to jail than poor white kids. Money makes the most difference though.
    Link?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/03/23/poor-white-kids-are-less-likely-to-go-to-prison-than-rich-black-kids/?outputType=amp
    Firewall protected and what do you want to bet that they compare apples to dog shit? Black Kid with multiple priors gets busted for robbery. White Kid with no priors gets busted for robbery. See, the black kid got sent to prison and the white kids got probation. Racism!!!!
    Those things are accounted for in the studies.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    had to be a guilty verdict

Jurors felt safe as they could be in Minneapolis

https://clarion.causeaction.com/2021/04/20/if-the-minneapolis-star-tribune-wanted-to-get-the-derek-chauvin-trial-jurors-killed-what-would-they-be-doing-differently/

any juror voting not guilty would be sacrificed in George Floyd Square
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

alumni94 said:

Yeah because white people in the USA have no history at all of rioting, murdering minorities, and burning shit down.

No history at all.

None.

I could go on but I think you get the idea. Well actually you might not get the idea. But I think anybody with an IQ over 80 does.
    Wait until the Whities "riot" you ain't seen nothing yet.
    Not going to happen. Whites aren't going to riot in their communities and they aren't going to go to minority communities to riot. To the extent that whites who live in urban areas, they consist mostly of effete guilty white males who aren't going to riot against anyone. They only way you have a race riot in this country is if you blacks intentionally going into white neighborhoods to riot.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    If I like my riots can I keep them?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Not surprised. This decision didn't really matter, other than the rioting, because it's going to be appealed so LIPO. The guy wasn't going to get a fair trial. There is no way anyone can convince me he intended to kill Floyd.

The evidence is overwhelming that black people don’t get fair trials in America. But fair trials aren’t a problem until a cop puts his knee on someone’s neck for 9 minutes.
    Is it possible that some people are consistent advocates of fair trials, regardless of circumstance?
    Of course. I had a conservative friend express to me that he thought it was clear Chauvin was guilty but he was concerned about the fairness of the trial. Friend, not former friend.

But a lot of people on the right reject any notion that black people don’t get fair trials. If someone doesn’t think it’s possible that black people aren’t getting fair trials but they bitch about the fairness of this trial, there might be a reason for that. A crystal clear, confederate flag in the capitol, reason.
    @OJSimpsonDawg, true?

Poor people get @HHusky

Rich black kids are more likely to go to jail than poor white kids. Money makes the most difference though.
    Link?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/03/23/poor-white-kids-are-less-likely-to-go-to-prison-than-rich-black-kids/?outputType=amp
    Firewall protected and what do you want to bet that they compare apples to dog shit? Black Kid with multiple priors gets busted for robbery. White Kid with no priors gets busted for robbery. See, the black kid got sent to prison and the white kids got probation. Racism!!!!
    Since you're a proven liar and your source isn't publicly accessible I don't believe you.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    Swaye's Wigwam

@OJSimpsonDawg, true?

Poor people get @HHusky

Link?
    No
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

@OJSimpsonDawg, true?

Poor people get @HHusky

Link?
    Since you're a proven liar and your source isn't publicly accessible I don't believe you.
    Well, you also believe the people doing criminal justice studies aren’t smart enough to realize there’s different types of crimes so I can live with this.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

@OJSimpsonDawg, true?

Poor people get @HHusky

Link?
    Well, you also believe the people doing criminal justice studies aren’t smart enough to realize there’s different types of crimes so I can live with this.
    Your source is an opinion not facts
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

@OJSimpsonDawg, true?

Poor people get @HHusky

Link?
    No, as always I'm 5 steps ahead of you and know your "studies" are notorious for comparing apples to dogshit.

Blame Biden.

Experts note that actors at several stages of the criminal justice system can influence how long someone ends up spending in prison. For example, prosecutors decide what charges to bring and what sentences to recommend. Judges have the discretion to hand down sentences. Correction officers can discipline people in prison, which then becomes an important factor when parole boards consider if they will release someone.

Criminal history also plays an important role, said William Sabol, a professor at Georgia State University who authored the report. During the decades of rising incarceration in the United States, a lot of people—especially black men—were arrested and pulled into the criminal justice system, leaving them with long criminal histories, Sabol said. Those records are often considered at sentencing and may contribute to today’s disparity in time spent in prison.

Prosecutors rely heavily on someone’s prior criminal history when they are deciding what to charge and what sentence to recommend, said Daniel Nagin, a criminology professor at Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy. In Pennsylvania, for example, prosecutors determine what sentences to recommend by considering the severity of the crime and the defendant’s past arrest history. A longer criminal history can lead to a longer sentence.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2019/12/03/the-growing-racial-disparity-in-prison-time
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

alumni94 said:

No history at all.

None.

What about the crusades!1!!
    He is risen?
  • Options

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

@OJSimpsonDawg, true?

Poor people get @HHusky

Link?
    Your source is an opinion not facts
    2% of poor white kids and 10% of rich black kids going to jail isn’t an opinion.

Whatever our fucked up relationship is now, I put it on all of our old shit that the numbers on this are really bad. That they account for income, that they account for the types of crimes and criminal records. It’s really bad. I know you can’t go here because our justice SYSTEM giving unequal outcome based on RACE, kinda hurts your whole “no systemic racism” bit but it’s real and anyone with half a brain can see it.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    edited April 2021

That’s not a cop out, we’re scared, verdict. It’s decisive.

He’s a murderer.

What's your definition of murderer? You think he purposely killed Floyd? Or is he a murderer because Floyd died while under his control?
    Someone convicted of murder.

@RaceBannon you need to get out the talking point, these boys are going to embarrass themselves until then.
    Every man freed by the innocence project was found guilty of murder, dummy.
  • Options

Intention to kill is not required for 2nd degree murder.
    Then how is it a murder?

You don't know what you're talking about.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Intention to kill is not required for 2nd degree murder.
    Then how is it a murder?

You don't know what you're talking about.
    That’s Minnesota law apparently
  • Options

And there's the relativism I knew was coming from @TheKobeStopper.
  • Options

That’s not a cop out, we’re scared, verdict. It’s decisive.

He’s a murderer.

What's your definition of murderer? You think he purposely killed Floyd? Or is he a murderer because Floyd died while under his control?
    Someone convicted of murder.

@RaceBannon you need to get out the talking point, these boys are going to embarrass themselves until then.
    Every man freed by the innocence project was found guilty of murder, dummy.
    I didn’t say someone wrongly convicted of murder. It’s on tape, no one is denying it was him. You think some dna evidence is going to come out to free him?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021
    If you're really interested in the topic this is pretty good source. Kobe as always is full of shit. The racial disparities in sentencing can be explained by many factors. Some have to do with gang enhancements. Not a lot of white kids in gangs. Selling drugs near a school will also get you an enhancement. Much more likely in an urban area than in a rural area. Prior criminal history is the most important, and no. Most of the studies don't take it into account when making a comparison.

When your answer to every question is "Systemic white racism" it's hardly shocking when you see ever racial disparity through that very same lens.

https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/research-and-publications/research-projects-and-surveys/miscellaneous/15-year-study/chap4.pdf